Disneyland Australia, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Okay, so I feel like I'm taking too much direction with this, this is supposed to be a community effort. I'll leave us off with what I had posted earlier, rather than continuing on. Again, I'll have a dream resort headed this way this summer, so I won't take too much control here.

Okay, what about this for our Fantasmic...

Normal, Non-Holiday Show:

- Mickey's Dream/Sorcerer's Apprentice
- Flowers/Jungle Sequence
- Pink Elephants/Heffalumps & Woozles
- Woody's Roundup
- Friend Like Me/Bubble Sequence/Monstro Attack
- Jolly Roger Battle
- Romance Sequence (Belle, Ariel, Rapunzel, Snow White)
- Villain Sequence (Evil Queen, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Dr. Facilier, Chernabog, Maleficent)
- Finale

Halloween Show:

- This is Halloween/Grim Grinning Ghosts
- Gaston/Bubble Sequence/Monstro Attack
- Jolly Roger Battle
- Cave of Wonders/Jafar Battle
- Villain Sequence (Evil Queen, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Dr. Facilier, Chernabog, Maleficent)
- Finale

Christmas Show:

- Christmas Medley
- Snowflake Sequence/Let It Go/Marshmallow Attack
- Romance Sequence ("I'll Be Home for Christmas")
- Villain Sequence
- Finale/Let It Snow

Twilight_Roxas

Thats good but I think Jolly Roger Battle, and Romance Sequence should be left the same in the Winter Version along with the finale. Plus how big is the boat going to be in the show's finale?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
It's going to be your standard Mark Twain-style riverboat, so the size of Disneyland's Mark Twain most likely. I just thought of something adorable to replace the romance sequence with...

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" with Disney princess and princes.

Great! However, I don't think Tower of Terror should be in Main Street. I thought about it a while back, but it's too tall and sorta ruins the atmosphere of the whole park. I love the story, but having the Haunted Mansion and the Tower of Terror be the first rides you see in the park.... Parents will bring their young kids on them first, kids will be scarred for life.... you know.... There's a reason it is always in the back of the parks.

I also think the Riverboat should be called the Elias Riverboat, after Walt Elias Disney.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
DisneyMan, Peter Pan is more classic than Pirates, so I figured might as well go the classic route. Also, I forgot how awesome it is having the crocodile barge.

I have justification for both points! I chose the name Lewis & Clark due to the fact they practically pioneered the path of pioneering for future Americans, seamlessly tying their names in with the existing theme of Westernland. Walt himself has his own attraction on Main Street. Perhaps we can use the name Elias for something else.

I can see where you're coming from about Tower of Terror, but hear me out. Both attractions will technically be located in the back of the park - http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/mydesk0807map1lg.jpg. See the winding trails between Space Mountain and Main Street on that map? That's where they'll be located. As a matter of fact, they'll only be accessible from the Hub, held within a sub-land of Main Street - Gracey Square. The Haunted Mansion was originally planned for Main Street, so, might as well bring it "home." Our version of TOT won't be ugly and charred from lightning. Even then, it will be shorter than the castle (it's built slightly deeper into the ground), so it won't ruin any sight lines, especially since it's crammed so far up against the berm. Besides, parents will have fair warning before entering the Square; the iron gates leading to it are marked by two fearsome gargoyles and bats embroidered into the ironwork. Main Street Cemetery, an interactive playground located at the exit of the Haunted Mansion may further strengthen the eeriness of the area.

If not Main Street, we can bring back Hollywoodland and put both attractions in, using the same backstory but tying them into one another.

I just had an idea! If we're giving Tower of Terror the Master Gracey story, how about tweak the Haunted Mansion to:

Lonesome Manor

Based on the Lonesome Ghosts Mickey cartoon, guests take the roles of ghostbusters, and travel into the mansion to rrid the ghosts. You start in the shack, where you can hear Mickey and the gang talking on the phone with the ghosts, calling them over. You start up the snowy hill to the Mansion, where it sits decayed. You travel inside, where the foyer and the stretching room looks old and rotten, dust everywhere. The stretching room has peeling wallpaper and such, and instead of the ghost host, you hear Mickey, Goofy, and Donald commenting on the place and what's happening. When thunder strikes, the ghosts start to wail as the fly around the ceiling, a la pepper's ghost. After that, you come to a grand staircase, where a blizzard rages outside. This is the loading station, similar to Phantom Manor. It's the same Omnimover vehicles, with a slight twist: There are 3 "flashlights" in holsters. This adds an OPTIONAL interactive element. It is not required to enjoy the experience, like TSMM is. It is like Ride and Go Seek, activating effects such as lowering spiders, levitating objects, revealing ghosts, and more.

The ride is generally the same, although it is more cartoony and adds much more effects for the flashlights. If you don't use flashlights, it's generally a more cartoonish Haunted Mansion. Instead of the evil bride, the ghosts play with stuff in the attic, drop stuff, and appear in the mirrors for the best, most fun hitchhiking ghost scene there is! There will be some extra scenes, but it would overall be a cool spin off for the Haunted Mansion. Now for Disney Purists, don't freak out. This is just an idea and will probably never happen! what do you guys think?

DisneyManOne

It's going to be your standard Mark Twain-style riverboat, so the size of Disneyland's Mark Twain most likely. I just thought of something adorable to replace the romance sequence with...

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" with Disney princess and princes.

For some odd reason, I can't picture that being used for the sequence. But however, ever since you first posted the draft of Christmas Fantasmic, I can't help but mentally hear a version of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" done in the style of the regular show's romance sequence.

Picture "I'll Be Home for Christmas" done in the style of the music of this sequence. Wouldn't it be beautiful?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Yeah, actually it would be pretty dang beautiful. While I like the idea of Lonesome Manor, I think it would be fun to leave HM, my obvious favorite ride and expand upon the concept of Lonesome Manor as an interactive dark ride for Toon Town. Perhaps turn it into a ride where guests search for the evil Phantom Blot as he attempts to take over Toon Town in a massive blackout. Some of his minions could be the Mad Doctor, the Lonesome Ghosts, skeletons, Pete, etc.

Fantasmic doesn't need a Master of Scaremonies. As it is, all three versions of our Fantasmic so far are all based on Mickey's dreams, not a random musical revue with special effects. The Master of Scaremonies should be saved for the Halloween fireworks show if we have one.

I don't think any Epic Mickey stuff should be in the parks. It isn't very popular anymore, and the tone doesn't fit happy, bright, cheerful, ToonTown (or where ever, for that matter)

And, it doesn't make sense to have two attractions explaining Master Gracey's death. Did he hang himself in the shaft or the stretching room? Was his fiance' killed in the shaft or locked in a trunk?

Twilight_Roxas

Yeah, actually it would be pretty dang beautiful. While I like the idea of Lonesome Manor, I think it would be fun to leave HM, my obvious favorite ride and expand upon the concept of Lonesome Manor as an interactive dark ride for Toon Town. Perhaps turn it into a ride where guests search for the evil Phantom Blot as he attempts to take over Toon Town in a massive blackout. Some of his minions could be the Mad Doctor, the Lonesome Ghosts, skeletons, Pete, etc.

Fantasmic doesn't need a Master of Scaremonies. As it is, all three versions of our Fantasmic so far are all based on Mickey's dreams, not a random musical revue with special effects. The Master of Scaremonies should be saved for the Halloween fireworks show if we have one.
I was talking about the Halloween Fireworks lol.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Phantom Blot isn't just an Epic Mickey character, he appeared in multiple cartoons way prior to the game's release. Take a look:

Tower of Terror explains the life and death of Master Gracey and his ill-fated bride, featuring the Mansion's familiar hanging scene and beating heart bride. Over at the Mansion, which was built by Gracey (as evident by various details throughout the ride), Gracey and his bride do not make appearances as they have died in the neighboring hotel. As said before, our Mansion is vastly different, not even featuring a Stretching Room or Attic, replacing them with a Speakeasy and Playroom. More on that later...

Ok, but I doubt many kids today read old Mickey comics and watch old Disney tv shows. I know I don't. I think he would be too confusing to many people today as to who he is.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Well, there's no harm in introducing an old character! Oswald, a character reintroduced in Epic Mickey a couple years back (much like the Phantom Blot) has been making appearances in DCA and TDS for about a year now. As a California local, Oswald's line is quite long, as are his merchandise sales. I don't see any harm in reintroducing a character.

Twilight_Roxas

Well, there's no harm in introducing an old character! Oswald, a character reintroduced in Epic Mickey a couple years back (much like the Phantom Blot) has been making appearances in DCA and TDS for about a year now. As a California local, Oswald's line is quite long, as are his merchandise sales. I don't see any harm in reintroducing a character.
The Phantom Blot was reintroduced in Ducktales, Mickey Mouse Works, and House of Mouse.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
But truthfully, it's been years since any of those things have been in the public eye at the level they once were. True, DuckTales is returning in the near future and is considered a new television series in Europe (yes, while I was in Germany, Disney Channel claimed it to be a new series, even if they were reruns). Anyways, it's quite obvious that we're being held a standstill. Please, folks, brainstorm! We still have so much to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom