1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Discussion in 'Running at WDW' started by wdwmagic, Aug 13, 2011.

1. DisneyRunnerUK

DisneyRunnerUK New Member

I'm in for the 5K, the wife the 10K. Looking forward to it!

Texas84 likes this.
  2. Mark P.

Mark P. Well-Known Member

Thanks to one eagle-eyed observer on Facebook, rD's updated the race webpage to specify that the half starts in the MK parking lot this year, which is a change from WWOS. What are the chances they're just repurposing the Dark Side course this year? 20840686_10100182945294689_1593481280210176953_n.jpg

surfsupdon likes this.
  3. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

Oh, great, that was a mess at Dark Side.....

4. Figment82

Figment82 Well-Known Member

Torn... I loved being able to be dropped off at TTC instead of the Epcot to WWoS shuttle ride, but the walk to the start was a bit long.

Plus the women's bathroom at TTC was flooded and they weren't letting us in to use it. The port-a-potty lines by the corrals were an absolute cluster. If they could just spread the starting area out a bit more, it would help tremendously.

With construction on Osceola Parkway and DHS, I'm not surprised they're going with Dark Side's route. It's all good, I'm just hoping for less humidity and cooler temps!

5. tyoyowoowooj

tyoyowoowooj Member

Will their be photopass along the route? 2 years ago was my first and only run and they had an outside company taking the pics. Im sure its answered somewhere in this thread. I dont have the patience to look. Lol. Thanks in advance.

6. Mark P.

Mark P. Well-Known Member

Yes - Disney PhotoPass now handles all runDisney events at WDW and Disneyland.

tyoyowoowooj likes this.