Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

RunningKoen

Well, I guess I have to update my statement on the medals. They are perfectly designed into the theme. The problem: I dont get the theme, nor particularly like it.
Social media reactions are very positive, linking the theme to the anniversary of Epcot. Perfect medals for that. But where's the Wine and Dine part, except in the Fall Feast 5K, (poorly) renamed after just 1 year of being Mickey's Holiday 5K.

Yeah, I'm really nitpicking to persuade myself from not running. Not working so far. Sorry for the spam.

RunningKoen

There's still time, registration is still open for all but the 5k.

@surfsupdon - and just think of how good it would look with your flamingo socks ;) (it was flamingos on your pink socks, right?)

You two are terrible. runDisney should sponsor you guys for brining in so many people to races ;-) or at least trying to.
Luckily, the disney site is glitched and shows not a single resort available during this weekend, so I can't plan any futher.
Is the Wine and Dine festival also that weekend? Is that the reason why it's so full everywhere?

I can stay strong and resist. I'll just ignore the cheap flightickets I saw. And the fact that Im free on the monday after the race. Yeah, resistance!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@RunningKoen, I already have a job - retirement.....

Yes, the Food and Wine Festival is still going on, which may explain the lack of rooms. Plus, Caribbean Beach Resort just lost an entire group of buildings - that area will become the new DVC resort. Don't know how many rooms that took out of inventory, but that also has an impact. I'd keep looking, especially since you've got Monday off. Hate to see you miss a race you really like the bling. :D

Last edited:

RunningKoen

@RunningKoen - the question is: will you regret it more if you go or if you don't go? Carpe diem and all that...
Going to W&D will burn up the budget for the 2018 runDisney events. I was hoping to do both Wine and Dine and Avengers in one trip to the states if they plan it the same as this year. Only option is to just go for the running and make it a very low budget weekend, but that might spoil the magic around the event.

@RunningKoen, I already have a job - retirement.....

Yes, the Food and Wine Festival is still going on, which may explain the lack of rooms. Plus, Caribbean Beach Resort just lost an entire group of buildings - that area will become the new DVC resort. Don't know how many rooms that took out of inventory, but that also has an impact. I'd keep looking, especially since you've got Monday off. Hate to see you miss a race you really like the bling. :D

Thanks for the info! Thats why all the resorts are full.

I can retire in like 50 years ;-). I have 10 workweeks a year when its easier to take a day off, so there will be other events. And enough (prestigious) bling is already planned. Im having enormous first world problems

If I could, I would do every runDisney event, so Im already used to missing out on them. Following others doing them however is almost as much fun, so Im already hyped for everyone doing this one, certainly with the medals!

Figment82

I really wish I was eligible to run the kids races... lol!

I like the medals well enough - to me, they're not the best ever but they're not the worst either. My favorites will always be the Spaceship Earth-inspired ones but these are okay. I just hope they look more "epic" sized in person. Sometimes a rectangular design can get lost with the lanyard. The ESPN 5K medals suffered a little when they went to the ticket look.

psherman42

Well, turns out runDisney figured out how to use social media as a pro.
They used instagram Stories to showcase the medals way better than the blogpost.
https://www.instagram.com/rundisney/
There's a movieclip of the challenge medal opening up in their instagram post, but to enjoy the goodies, you must check their profile with the instagram app and watch the story.

I am slightly falling in love with the challenge medal, to a point where I'm casually checking plane tickets. Someone save me?

This medal is a must have for the ones who love the foreign countries theme from Epcot

Edit: resized the images..

AdYg4DT.jpg

ShQkC9q.jpg
I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm moving back to Orlando in a few weeks and the temptation to sign up for the challenge just for this medal is real. It would be a good practice for my first marathon in January..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom