Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

Smiddimizer

So feature wise, for fun, what would you want to see that would be amazing for the SW land? ..((ahem, and before all the guys here say "slave Leia"))...

Here's my wish list:

1. Central feature (area where attractions/dining/shows are based around): Mos Isley Space Port (all rides depart motion, dark or otherwise take you to different planets from this area... Makes sense, right?)

2. Dining: Mos Isley Cantina w/character meals, band, (blue milk and all).

3. Some sort of dark ride that is a hybrid 3D and sim/motion like Transformers at Uni.

...and absolutely NO Jar Jar Binks... ANYWHERE.
I cannot stand that poor-man's Goofy knock off (and I ❤️ Goofy - just not in SW). I would lose it and rip the selfie-pole out of some chanting Brazilian tour member's hand and beat the character with it. <~~~~~ *Kidding*

... and I'd hope for new tech that has us all like this: :jawdrop:

That's all I have for now - thanks for indulging me in my inferior-imagineering SW nerdette-daydream. ;)

That's actually the most realistic prediction I've seen yet. And likely true.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Yea I would like this as well except I wouldn't want it to be screen based like crush. Give me a killer AA of Yoda that can move around a stage area that would be elevated just enough so couldn't see his feet. I wouldn't want anything simulator based. I would like to see a Darkride, coaster, flume hybrid maybe set on Endor as the E-ticket. Oh, and a slave Leia meet and greet at the end of a Jabbas palace walkthrough. ;)

They could shut down SGE and spray paint stitch green. Done and dusted. :lookaroun

HauntedMansionFLA

A "people eating attraction" as in a dining/character feature or a sarlac that eats people, (preferably guests who line jump?) ;)

I LOVE the training with Yoda idea - how cute would that be and a definite enhancement from the one they have now.
Well, the " people eating attraction " was getting a lot of people through the ride each hour. I walked right into that one. Maybe use the force choke for the line jumpers.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
With whom? The Incredibles? While they could probably pick the bottom of the barrel for Marvel to find people to use in WDW, at this point Guardians of the Galaxy are the only property of value for them that is free and clear.

Some sort of Marvel land is coming to DCA and to Paris in the future apparently. Plus the Iron Man ride in HK.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Big Hero 6
The Incredibles

Those three are enough for a land. They don't need hundreds of characters and movies like universal has. They could make 3 headliner attractions for each movie, and 2 smaller attractions. These three movies are very popular and can easily pull off a very good themed super hero land.

The same way Disney apparently doesn't need more than toy story to create Pixar place..

erasure fan1

Has anyone been to the Star Wars Weekends? I know they are really popular. It's on my bucket list.
We went summer of 13'. It was worth it, a lot of fun. Our trip this year will have us there for the last day of the last weekend so that should be fun. Its crazy busy and the meet and greets I got with Vader, Maul, Chewbacca and Jango were totally worth the wait. I was a bit disappointed how they did the droid meet but other than that it was great.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would agree. I also like the idea of a walk through Millennium Falcon which has supposedly been on the table.

And for Phase 2 someday, I'd love to see a Hogwarts Express type ride connecting Phase 1 (based on Tatooine?) with another "world" (e.g. Endor, Hoth, Coruscant, whatever) in another area of the park and then flesh out the other world.

I think they could reconfigure the entrance and exit from Star Tours to give that effect.

ItlngrlBella

I like your ideas :)

Thanks... So if anyone here has a hook-up, please get me a job at WDI!? ;)

Actually working for a haunted attraction was fun because we had creative input in the interactive guest experience and when you see it go from a notebook sketch to real-life and actually work, (guest suspends their own reality and emotionally reacts), it's a rush.

Oh yeah, @Lord_Vader, we are still waiting to hear what you want at DHS for SW... Remember... Sharing. ;)

Last edited:

AEfx

What I think/want for SW land is

1. A motor bike coaster like the tron one that's going into Shanghai Disneyland
2.A small flat ride
3. The Cantina
4.a millinum Falcon walk through

I could get on board - though the "small flat ride" I hope you mean a small dark ride and not a spinner or something.

Though, I still maintain - while the Cantina seems to be the go-to response folks seem to want the most, I think in reality the Cantina isn't nearly as neat as folks think it is. If you really look at it in the films, it's very basic, it's not really much to it - it's just simply such an iconic scene that folks don't break it down into it's elements to see how bland and simplistic it really would be.

Now, Jabba's Palace, on the other hand - that could be one HELL of an experience. So while the Cantina would be great as a side-lounge or something (kind of like the bar at the 50's PTC), I'm really hoping they do up a Jabba's Palace dining experience - now THAT would be sock-knocking. Particularly if it's true and there are Hutts somewhere in the future films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom