Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

MagicGoofy

Oh well we would need someone who looked remotely like her I rember seeing a belle in mk this past month and let me tell you she would make a fine leia

doctornick

What meet and greet would you like to see?

Personally, I don't like face characters of real life people because they look "off". I mean, if they go that route, that's fine, but I'd stick with costumed characters. So, I'd probably have a "light side" and a "dark side" M&G.

The dark side is easy: Vader, Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, Darth Maul

The light side: Chewbacca, C3PO, an AA of R2D2 (think Donkey at Uni). I'm assuming you can "meet" Yoda at some expanded Jedi Academy.

erasure fan1

Han Solo (Ep IV version) w/Chewbacca
Annakin... Episode III
Cantina Patrons... Episode IV
Leia (Episode IV - bun hairdo... Sorry guys).
Boba Fett
I would rather them stick more to the non face characters. The closest to face characters I would want would be Darth Maul, Aayla Secura, Assajj Ventress... I like what they have for star wars weekends, Chewy, Vader, Boba, Jango, Kit Fisto (of course he never comes out)... You gotta have the good old stand-byes. The one thing I would love to see is a AA Droid meet and greet with several types of droids. I really hope they don't go too soft with the villains like they tend to.

ItlngrlBella

I would rather them stick more to the non face characters. The closest to face characters I would want would be Darth Maul, Aayla Secura, Assajj Ventress... I like what they have for star wars weekends, Chewy, Vader, Boba, Jango, Kit Fisto (of course he never comes out)... You gotta have the good old stand-byes. The one thing I would love to see is a AA Droid meet and greet with several types of droids. I really hope they don't go too soft with the villains like they tend to.

Actually, very good points about face characters. Han Solo, Leia, Luke, etc., we grew up with and are pretty much burned into our minds. Then when you "meet" then it's just what you said... "Off."

Totally agree that they not go easy and soft on the villains.

I always love a good bad guy. ;)

Last edited:

KLinder7

Personally, I don't like face characters of real life people because they look "off". I mean, if they go that route, that's fine, but I'd stick with costumed characters. So, I'd probably have a "light side" and a "dark side" M&G.

The dark side is easy: Vader, Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, Darth Maul

The light side: Chewbacca, C3PO, an AA of R2D2 (think Donkey at Uni). I'm assuming you can "meet" Yoda at some expanded Jedi Academy.
Wish Chewie and a few characters were out more not just for SWW. Are we going to have to wait for the expansion before we see it happen?

HauntedMansionFLA

So feature wise, for fun, what would you want to see that would be amazing for the SW land? ..((ahem, and before all the guys here say "slave Leia"))...

Here's my wish list:

1. Central feature (area where attractions/dining/shows are based around): Mos Isley Space Port (all rides depart motion, dark or otherwise take you to different planets from this area... Makes sense, right?)

2. Dining: Mos Isley Cantina w/character meals, band, (blue milk and all).

3. Some sort of dark ride that is a hybrid 3D and sim/motion like Transformers at Uni.

...and absolutely NO Jar Jar Binks... ANYWHERE.
I cannot stand that poor-man's Goofy knock off (and I ❤️ Goofy - just not in SW). I would lose it and rip the selfie-pole out of some chanting Brazilian tour member's hand and beat the character with it. <~~~~~ *Kidding*

... and I'd hope for new tech that has us all like this: :jawdrop:

That's all I have for now - thanks for indulging me in my inferior-imagineering SW nerdette-daydream. ;)
I wish they would build a Star Wars themed resort by DHS - Dark side of the resort and the light side. It would appeal to families and nerds like myself. Within walking distance.

KLinder7

Ahsoka, yes or no?

ItlngrlBella

Have you been to WDW and seen what the guests do to face characters, They are indeed MEET-N-GROPES...

I personally haven't seen it at WDW but I was on a production team for a haunted attraction back in college and a couple years thereafter and we dealt with similar issues. We had a blast having fun and messing with people but some guests take it too far and have no boundaries. :(

I wish I had $1 for every horn-dog frat boy, creepy dad and dirty old man that went too far. :cautious:

We had to diffuse their shenanigans while in-character. We had a few sassy comeback lines for those "oh so original" comments and off-duty county sheriffs hiding in the shadows as security just in-case.

The women guests were even WORSE with our guys - especially those crazy Cougars but I don't think our guys were bothered? ;) At times it was like Mardi-Gras with some of these women (if you know what I mean). o_O Ugh... My eyes are still burning. :eek:

I'm sure the Disney entertainment CM's have some funny stories, as well as some unfortunate and disturbing ones too. It comes with the territory.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

The lobby would look like the inside of the Death Star.
I hope Disney realizes all of the cash they will be making the next few year (which they did after paying 4 billion). Frozen was a huge hit but I believe SW will easily top it. Although I'm disappointed the land isn't done now, I'm happy they are stepping back and hopefully giving the fans of all ages what they want.

HauntedMansionFLA

I personally haven't seen it at WDW but I was on a production team for a haunted attraction back in college and some years after.

I had more than enough ***** frat boys, creepy Dads and dirty old men... and you have to diffuse all their "oh so original shenanigans" while in-character. We had a few sassy "burn" lines ready to fire back and off duty county sheriffs nearby as security just in-case.

The women were worse on our guys - especially those crazy Cougars.

I'm sure the Disney folks have some funny stories as well as some unfortunate and disturbing ones too.
I'm sure the creepy dads and dirty old men thought they were being "cute".

ItlngrlBella

I'm sure the creepy dads and dirty old men thought they were being "cute".

That's why it was fun to take them down with funny insults. There was a vampire room theme and guys would ask for our phone numbers. It became so much if a thing that a few of us had cards made up. It had the character name, 666-6666, and "see you in he--."

We'd pass it to them in-character. They'd not expect it, and their other buddies usually hi-fived the guy who got it. Then when they got outside in some light to read it, I'm sure they had a good laugh (at least we hope they did).

Last edited:

ItlngrlBella

Yeah It's really gross when ever I see a older guy hiting on a younger girl just to seem cute and my girl friends sister used to be A Ariel for mk in new fantasylands first year and she would bring up story's of guys especially older guys trying to hit on her and hugging her more than the kids did

Ugh, that poor girl - and she most likely wasn't paid enough.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I hope Disney realizes all of the cash they will be making the next few year (which they did after paying 4 billion). Frozen was a huge hit but I believe SW will easily top it. Although I'm disappointed the land isn't done now, I'm happy they are stepping back and hopefully giving the fans of all ages what they want.

No but considering they made 4 B from Star Wars MOVIES yet sold 12 Billion in Star Wars Merchandise, Why SHOULD Disney do anything beyond a restaurant and a couple of meet-n-gropes, Wall St is much happier with the things the way they are now. And these supposed 'attractions' are simply announcements to get the fanboi's off TWDC's back.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
No but considering they made 4 B from Star Wars MOVIES yet sold 12 Billion in Star Wars Merchandise, Why SHOULD Disney do anything beyond a restaurant and a couple of meet-n-gropes, Wall St is much happier with the things the way they are now. And these supposed 'attractions' are simply announcements to get the fanboi's off TWDC's back.

I think we'll get more than this, so I'm more optimistic than you on this one. When is the question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom