Disney T-shirts, why no "under armour" type shirts?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Again, he's referring to character or park T-shirts..... not $90 golf shirts.
image.png

I wasn't the first to mention the Nike Dri Fit shirts I was just responding to the other poster who said he had a bunch. Lol I first mentioned the women's performance line for Disney parks that is much cheaper and a moisture wicking blend etc that I own several pieces. But yes for a man there is less cheaper options other than the Nike Dri fit golf shirts.
AndThey do have Mickey on it! And once one with grumpy (don't think grumpy is still available). They were park exclusive Nike Golf Dri Fits that are still sold. Here is one example on the Shop Parks App right now and there are numerous others. Saratoga Springs has their own for $60 but yes the one above is $84.95. :)

Last edited:

DManRightHere

Walking for hours on end in the Florida heat should be considered a workout, lol.

Ugh. But it's not! Plenty of A/C! I would give the exception of AK. I don't know what it is about that park, but it just feels much more hot and humid! Not many places to get out of the heat either.

Dads 2 Boys

View attachment 143627
I wasn't the first to mention the Nike Dri Fit shirts I was just responding to the other poster who said he had a bunch. Lol I first mentioned the women's performance line for Disney parks that is much cheaper and a moisture wicking blend etc that I own several pieces. But yes for a man there is less cheaper options other than the Nike Dri fit golf shirts.
AndThey do have Mickey on it! And once one with grumpy (don't think grumpy is still available). They were park exclusive Nike Golf Dri Fits that are still sold. Here is one example on the Shop Parks App right now and there are numerous others. Saratoga Springs has their own for $60 but yes the one above is $84.95. :)

But this is a generic "Mickey" ..... Not exactly WDW. I just got back and saw these and I certainly did not take these as WDW gear and most definitely not what the OP was referring to. Sorry.

sxeensweet

But this is a generic "Mickey" ..... Not exactly WDW. I just got back and saw these and I certainly did not take these as WDW gear and most definitely not what the OP was referring to. Sorry.

Yes I know it's just a "Mickey" but they are only sold in the parks not outside Disney Parks. So you can't just go anywhere and buy them. Also the Saratoga Springs one, DVC one (hubby has this one too) and Cruise Line one are more "specific". And there is a lot of men out there that don't want everything they buy that screams Disney or WDW! Lol So that's why these probably sell well for men. It is an option for men but if you don't care for it or the OP does not then that is your choice but at least it's an option. :rolleyes::cat:

sxeensweet

Ugh. But it's not! Plenty of A/C! I would give the exception of AK. I don't know what it is about that park, but it just feels much more hot and humid! Not many places to get out of the heat either.

Well to be technical and I'm sure you know this already lol but...It could be/is a workout as walking gets your heart pumping and is a great workout. A/C has nothing to do with it as many workout in the A/C. Haha! I know I get over 20,000+ steps each day at WDW and that's more than what I get if I would workout at home on a treadmill (in the A/C! Lol) for my whole day etc. lol So I have to agree with the other poster. :p

Last edited:

mbtohill

Original Poster
Not under armor but for lighter fabric and amazing designs I buy from red bubble. (Redbubble.com) search by Disney :)

These actually look interesting!! The material is a 50% polyester, 25% cotton and 25% rayon jersey. Like you said, not exactly under armour, but would have some moisture wicking properties. Gonna give one a try!

DManRightHere

Well to be technical and I'm sure you know this already lol but...It could be/is a workout as walking gets your heart pumping and is a great workout. A/C has nothing to do with it as many workout in the A/C. Haha! I know I get over 20,000+ steps each day at WDW and that's more than what I get if I would workout at home on a treadmill (in the A/C! Lol) for my whole day etc. lol So I have to agree with the other poster. :p

Well, we may walk up to 10 miles a day, but spread out over 12+ hours it is just not a workout for me, and I do not sweat my butt off at Disney, but I sweat some. But I do not go in September, we're usually there in early June.

I still don't think Disney should revamp it's softlines as I do not think most people want workout materials. Over half the year temperatures are much cooler as well.

sxeensweet

Well, we may walk up to 10 miles a day, but spread out over 12+ hours it is just not a workout for me, and I do not sweat my butt off at Disney, but I sweat some. But I do not go in September, we're usually there in early June.

I still don't think Disney should revamp it's softlines as I do not think most people want workout materials. Over half the year temperatures are much cooler as well.

Yes I agree they don't need more really and was just was mentioning the exercise part. Lol. I also don't go in the summer as I experience plenty scorching heat and humidity at home all summer in south Louisiana! We usually go Oct-Dec. This past October I was happy they had the new women's performance line at WDW though because the whole 2 weeks we had temps 95+ with heat indexes 100+. So the wicking workout gear I bought while there helped tremendously the days I wore it. I don't sweat a lot either usually In WDW but that trip last October I did more than usual. It was brutal for October. lol :p

ninjaprincesst

Maybe the lack of these type of shirts is to protect us all from those who would buy them that should not buy them. I have seen one too many person in a dri fit shirt that should not have them on. Look around the parks how many of these people do we really want to see in these type of shirts.

matt9112

It's Walmart...What are you expecting? High class stuff?:hilarious:

I like wal mart for some things (wrangler work jeans) for example plus for kids you think im going to go high end on a shirt my son will wear for 3 months?

Side note i have seen some nice thin cotton out there now too its still cotton but much lighter.

matt9112

View attachment 143627

Waste of money. Granted paying list always is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom