Disney T-shirts, why no "under armour" type shirts?

mbtohill

Original Poster
I've always wondered why almost all Disney t-shirts are made of cotton or some type of cotton blend. Given the heat, almost year round, why don't they have a line of t-shirts that use the moisture wicking fabric, like Under Armour or Nike Dri-Fit?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I've always wondered why almost all Disney t-shirts are made of cotton or some type of cotton blend. Given the heat, almost year round, why don't they have a line of t-shirts that use the moisture wicking fabric, like Under Armour or Nike Dri-Fit?

They do. Some of the RunDisney items and also have a performance line for women now. I bought some in October some workout type capris and the tops to match that are a wicking fabric etc. Just look up RunDisney for those items and look up also performance seperately for those items on the Shop Disney Parks App. :)

mbtohill

Original Poster
They do. Some of the RunDisney items and also have a performance line for women now. I bought some in October some workout type capris and the tops to match that are a wicking fabric etc. Just look up RunDisney and look up also performance seperately on the Shop Disney Parks App. :)

I've seen those, but I'm talking more about shirts with Characters on them or Park specific graphics, you know the classic Mickey t-shirt type of thing.

sxeensweet

I've seen those, but I'm talking more about shirts with Characters on them or Park specific graphics, you know the classic Mickey t-shirt type of thing.

True but The workout stuff does have Mickey head on it somewhere etc. Also it all is park exclusive merchandise. Also got one with a huge Minnie silhouette on the top in the performance line in October that matched the workout pants then. They don't have the Minnie performance top anymore and one of the pants I got that matched it with Minnie's silhouette on it too etc. :)

MissM

Yeah I ONLY wear my dri fit/moisture wick type shirts to the parks when it's hot. (i.e. 90% of the year LOL) So I have a bunch of cute/fun Disney theme shirts that I never wear to the park because they just get soggy.

EOD K9

Some of the classic distressed Mickey "ringer" type shirts are a lighter weight cotton. Those aren't bad at all. I did pickup a sweet Run Disney Castaway Cay 5K shirt back in March. That one is fairly comfortable. It could also be due to where you actually put their logo. They usually place them on the left chest. I don't know how they would look with characters and what not. Maybe someone on here can photoshop a shirt for us.

DManRightHere

I understand what you're saying, but those are workout shirts. Guests at Disney World or not necessarily working out.

glvsav37

you saying Disney in August isn't a workout? lol. I sweat more there then I do in my crossfit class.

I hear what you are saying, but last year I went exclusively dri-fit work out shirts when I am in the park during the day. So much cooler and the water from water rides dries up so much faster, doesnt make the shirt heavy like cotton.

Plus, they are usually a funky neon so my family can find me :)

I'd love some Disney dri-fit, work out-type shirts. Under Armor does make Marvel ones, so technically that fits.

sxeensweet

you saying Disney in August isn't a workout? lol. I sweat more there then I do in my crossfit class.

I hear what you are saying, but last year I went exclusively dri-fit work out shirts when I am in the park during the day. So much cooler and the water from water rides dries up so much faster, doesnt make the shirt heavy like cotton.

I'd love some Disney dri-fit, work out-type shirts. Under Armor does make Marvel ones, so technically that fits.

Check out the performance collection for women on the Shop Disney Parks App. Just put performance in search field. They have workout capris and tanks and shirts that coordinate that are park exclusives. I have some. They are cute. :)

glvsav37

Check out the performance collection for women on the Shop Disney Parks App. Just put performance in search field. They have workout capris and tanks and shirts that coordinate that are park exclusives. I have some. They are cute. :)

That would be great...but my wife may not want to travel with her 6ft ,200lb husband wearing disney woman's clothing.

LOL...its all good :) I will show my wife though.

sxeensweet

That would be great...but my wife may not want to travel with her 6ft ,200lb husband wearing disney woman's clothing.

LOL...its all good :) I will show my wife though.

Hahahaha! I meant for your wife obviously. Oops. I knew you were a man. Helps if I look up at who the poster is who I'm responding to. :joyfull::p:facepalm:

Cmdr_Crimson

Ummm...You do know they now have an Under Armour store at Disney Springs now right?
disney-springs-10.jpg

DisneyFans4Life

Ummm...You do know they now have an Under Armour store at Disney Springs now right?
disney-springs-10.jpg
I haven't been here yet since it opened...but are they selling any kind of clothing with characters on it?

For the OP, you may want to check Wal-Mart, Target or Kohls as well. Their shirts are cotton, but they are extremely light weight and not bad at all to wear to the parks during the hot summer months.

mbtohill

Original Poster
akl.jpg

This is totally me. I'm exclusively in bright neon colored Nike Dri-Fit tops during the days in August and agree with you 100%. Cooler, dry faster. They are great, unfortunately you don't see them with prints on the front like the ones shown above as an example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom