Disney Springs construction begins

Prock3

That would be an odd choice, but maybe the size requires it? I'm no expert, but I would think the size of the garage wouldn't make a difference between prefab supports and poured on site. Obviously the ground floor itself would be poured on site, but otherwise, I would expect prefab for the rest. The smaller pieces like stairwells will be telling, I think. If they pour those on site instead of trucking them in...

Meanwhile Universal's TM parking garage going the prefab route has a complete stairwell and a ton of the outer support beams and walls in place within the last two weeks.

EDIT: More like two stair wells, portions of upper floors, and more support beams around the second stairwell as of about noon today!
I think they'll be bringing it in prefab, if they had a readymix plant on site id say they would be pouring it all themselves

mvieguy

so whats going on with Planet Hollywood, is it offically closing and being turned into something else, or is it staying?

FigmentsFangirl

Funny thing is that those pictures of the b arge based cranes being onsite, my brother was right where the first picture was taken in front of LEGO store either before or after the picture was taken {he was shopping all day today}

I must admit though, its kinda sad not seeing the marina down there anymore.

tirian

Staying with a re-themed exterior.
Remember when that building was crazy exciting? Ah, the 90s. :D

I know DTD has gotten a lot of well-deserved flack over the last few years, but I think the look of Disney Springs will bring it back to the peaceful environment of the Disney Village. In a way, that shopping experience is still innovative. Count me as a supporter. (Not an athletic one.)

WDWDad13

remember all of those that said "I'll believe it when I see it" when Disney Springs was first announced... I think we're really beginning to see it now

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Exactly. It is a beginning. And I would guess that Disney will have spies evaluating Potter 2 this year.

Then.... (to be continued)

If they truely care they'll know enough already.

And then will hopefully do more than already announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom