Disney Springs construction begins

Mouse Detective

Pleasure Island Bridge #4 that connects PI to the West Side was closed last night for demolition. Pedestrians must now use the new bypass bridge to get around. The bridge will supposedly be removed soon. I've heard that the entire upper deck of Pleasure Island will be removed, making it a flat space on both the north and south sides. But I don't know that as a fact.

maxairmike

So that's why the thing is taking so long, they decided to pour on site instead of going the prefab route. Surely this isn't cheaper over the long run, either?

muteki

So that's why the thing is taking so long, they decided to pour on site instead of going the prefab route. Surely this isn't cheaper over the long run, either?
Maybe they are pouring the ground level/foundation but trucking in slabs for the upper levels?

maxairmike

Maybe they are pouring the ground level/foundation but trucking in slabs for the upper levels?

That would be an odd choice, but maybe the size requires it? I'm no expert, but I would think the size of the garage wouldn't make a difference between prefab supports and poured on site. Obviously the ground floor itself would be poured on site, but otherwise, I would expect prefab for the rest. The smaller pieces like stairwells will be telling, I think. If they pour those on site instead of trucking them in...

Meanwhile Universal's TM parking garage going the prefab route has a complete stairwell and a ton of the outer support beams and walls in place within the last two weeks.

EDIT: More like two stair wells, portions of upper floors, and more support beams around the second stairwell as of about noon today!

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom