News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

surfsupdon

Considering that the group tickets for my group are $331 per person for 4 day, no Park Hopper as opposed to $556 regular price for the same dates, I'm okay with it.

I don't think the reasoning is based on any single group that is there. But...considering that at the time that my group is there, I know of 4 other school music groups going just from Maryland. Between us, it's about 700 people. Looking at the performance reservation calendar, I'd say they have roughly 30 high school music groups there over MLK weekend. The potential swing of 5000 or more people from those groups could have a significant impact. Not just on park attendance an attractions, but on bus parking, food service, etc.

I have also been led to believe that when multiple large school groups are in a park, they adjust the number of security in that park. Not sure if that is accurate, but the information comes from a tour company that specializes in HS group trips to WDW, so I'm inclined to believe it.
Our kids can branch out and go to whichever parks they want. They do not travel en masse.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Our kids can branch out and go to whichever parks they want. They do not travel en masse.

Not to continue to derail the thread topic, but... our school district requires that all the kids on a school trip be in the same location (park is considered a location but WDW as a whole is not, kids have freedom within the park we go to) and that we have one staff member for every 40 kids in said location. Most districts in this area (at least those I'm familiar with) have similar rules.

I can't imagine a school or school system dealing with liability concerns if a kids goes by themself to a park and gets hurt and there isn't anyone from the school system there.

surfsupdon

Not to continue to derail the thread topic, but... our school district requires that all the kids on a school trip be in the same location (park is considered a location but WDW as a whole is not, kids have freedom within the park we go to) and that we have one staff member for every 40 kids in said location. Most districts in this area (at least those I'm familiar with) have similar rules.

I can't imagine a school or school system dealing with liability concerns if a kids goes by themself to a park and gets hurt and there isn't anyone from the school system there.
I love hearing other stories. Seeing what works and what does not. We have staff in each park at all times, in case issues arise. We are very blessed. Have a great BIG trip!

KDM31091

Since APs can hop anytime once the new rules go into effect, it seems to render the reservations useless. I understood them during COVID, but I don't see the point now.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I love hearing other stories. Seeing what works and what does not. We have staff in each park at all times, in case issues arise. We are very blessed. Have a great BIG trip!

Couldn't pull that off with only 3 staff and 109 kids, even if our district let us!! (not going to get into our very strict district rules on what transportation kids can use, which are the strictest I've ever experienced). It'll be a great trip - always have fun with my kids!

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Walt Disney World website, reservations on December 31 at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT are currently unavailable for Resort/Ticket guests. Reservations at Magic Kingdom on December 25 are also currently unavailable for Resort/Ticket guests.

More reservations may be released, so keep checking if you are looking to go on those dates.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 10.11.34 AM.png

Disstevefan1

According to the Walt Disney World website, reservations on December 31 at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT are currently unavailable for Resort/Ticket guests. Reservations at Magic Kingdom on December 25 are also currently unavailable for Resort/Ticket guests.

More reservations may be released, so keep checking if you are looking to go on those dates.

View attachment 756291
I don't understand this. If you are staying on site in a WDW resort, you should be able to get into any park you want.

Laketravis

I took 200+ high school band students to WDW (and USF) for 5 days in spring 2022. At WDW they were free to leave the resort after a 7am breakfast meeting and go to whatever park they wanted. They were required to be back at the resort at a predetermined curfew each night. I had a couple of parent chaperones stationed in the resort lobby during the day but the rest of the chaperones and band staff pretty much went on their own as well without any students. We only required the students to remain in groups of at least 3 (one to stay with the second while the third goes for help if needed) and send us selfies in front of identifiable landmarks at certain times during the day.

Aside from the occasional lost backpack or park ticket, the trip went surprisingly well.

Fido Chuckwagon

Christmas is the one time of year the park pass system is needed and it’s a shame they couldn’t keep it (just for the last two weeks of the year) for next year. It made Christmas/new years week in the parks much more bearable than it used to be. Oh well.

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Annual Passholder Park Reservation calendar, EPCOT is currently no longer available for new reservations on December 31.

Magic Kingdom is also no longer available for new reservations on December 9, 16, 18 and 19, in addition to the 25.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 6.18.55 AM.png

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Kind of like how the other night we were at EPCOT and the VQ for guardians reached capacity and they didn’t make it to our boarding group but you could still buy an ILL….
Or how they let me buy ILL's for 7DMT at a time the ride was scheduled to be down for fireworks preparation? (I mean, they said to just come back after the fireworks, which we did, but they should not allow you to buy the ILLs for a timeslot when the ride is scheduled to be down)

ChrisM

According to the Annual Passholder Park Reservation calendar, EPCOT is currently no longer available for new reservations on December 31.

Magic Kingdom is also no longer available for new reservations on December 9, 16, 18 and 19, in addition to the 25.

View attachment 757370

I can understand the 9th and 16th (since they are Saturdays) but the 18th and 19th seem strange (especially the 19th, which is a party day).

Anything unusual going on those days?

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Annual Passholder Park Reservation calendar, Magic Kingdom is currently no longer available for new reservations on Dec. 15*, 16, 17*, 18, 19, 25. Hollywood Studios is currently unavailable for new reservations on Dec. 19*. EPCOT remains unavailable on Dec. 31.

More reservations may become available, so keep checking if you are looking to go on those days.

*New since last update.

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 8.04.40 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom