News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

brb1006

Thank you that was, not helpful.
There is plenty of history out there about the HORIZON Building. A lot of denials, a lot of stories.
True, I am not a fan of Fast Pass, It just doesn't seem to work out in the number Fred.
As for the rest of your hot air, thank you
Then watch Martin's latest Horizons tribute video if you want to know more!

Mike S

It won't be as jarring as walking down Main Street USA and seeing an almost 20 story castle from Cinderella.

Also DHS is a nice park. I like all the attractions there and it will kick UNI's you know what when SWL is built. It has so much potential if they just refresh the shows now and use the theaters for two different shows, add a parade and bam.
USF will still have a lot more to do so, no. Especially after Nintendo opens.

Star Wars will be amazing though.

The_Jobu

Especially after Nintendo opens.

giphy.gif

Goofyernmost

---------------
Is it BUILT yet?
How about now? ;)
It is almost done. All they have to do is end the old ride, tear everything out including the AA's, rebuild and install necessary ride components, paint and clean, program the ride vehicles, synchronize the movies and the ride vehicles, do the final details on the theming and have a soft opening. So... maybe by next Friday the Fastpass line will be filling up. :happy:

PizzaPlanet

People on facebook are posting that their friend in operations says it is being torn down completely. I like to think getting it from a cm in operations is akin to getting info from a bus driver. To verify you say its saying and you have a pretty good idea whats what! Thank
We know 100% for a fact that it is staying. No question. The Disney Parks Blog confirmed it: "As you plan ahead, we also wanted to let you know that in order to begin to prepare the new home of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway at the Chinese Theatre in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, August 13, 2017 will be the final day of operation for The Great Movie Ride presented by Turner Classic Movies."

Biff215

People on facebook are posting that their friend in operations says it is being torn down completely. I like to think getting it from a cm in operations is akin to getting info from a bus driver. To verify you say its saying and you have a pretty good idea whats what! Thank
No reason to tear down what is essentially a huge warehouse, which is exactly what they needed for this new ride. If they were going to build new, it could have been an addition to the park but likely would take twice as long for Disney to build.

NoChesterHester

Bringing this over from the Rat thread as it belongs here. @Magic Feather was spilling some info that makes this ride sound very compelling.

Hmm... LPS, Preshow rooms, queue extension will be needed, load is in load, this is the Cousij of Alcatraz, a happy balance of screen and set... Yeah, I think that is all I can give away at the moment... Oh right, you get animatronics!

I'm far more intrigued now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom