News Disney hints at more changes to come at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

DisneyDebRob

That's all I'd need from it to be worth eating there considering I like the interior design and the MK has few options.

It was so bad before that I'm too afraid to go back, though. We usually eat most of our dinners at Disney Springs anyways --- the food (including the QS) is much better there overall than in any of the parks.
Last time at Tony’s was about 4 years ago. I took my parents,who are Italian and wanted Italian food. I explained to my dad that I’ve eaten at Tony’s on 2 occasions over the last 20 years and both were horrible. I’ll never forget the look I got when he tried eating the chicken parm. If he had lasers in his eyes I would not be here typing this right now. He kept saying this is not chicken. I said they just flattened it making it extremely thin. He said it’s not chicken but chicken pieces just mashed together with no taste. There’s no way it was cut and breaded. I just laughed and said I told you so. They both couldn’t eat the meal so I got lucky and they squeezed us into the plaza for a decent meal. One of the memories that I’ll always have.🤣

Last edited:

the_rich

I gave Tony's a chance last year in August. Was not a fan except for the garlic bread which was great. The chicken Parm was olive garden quality. Even the Caesar salad wasn't good. I actually really enjoy skippers canteen. The Brazilian cheese bread and char sui pork were delicious. I always want to try liberty tree but I feel like such a heavy meal in the Florida heat isn't going to sit well lol

TrojanUSC

For me, the best food was pre-COVID when Liberty Tree had a lunch a la carté menu, but then they've kept it all family style since and it's just the standard Thanksgiving banquet food.

Fido Chuckwagon

Liberty Tree Tavern, at least as of 2017 (the last time I was there), was one of my family's go-to places in MK. Has the quality there decreased at all? Crystal Palace was another place we went relatively frequently (maybe every two years or so, when we would take annual trips). Otherwise, we didn't much eat in the park, aside from Columbia Harbour House and Pinocchio Village Haus. On MK days, if we weren't eating at Liberty Tree, we would have dinner at 'Ohana or 1900 Park Fare (both of which sadly declined in quality in later trips).
Liberty tree tavern is good for what it is, but it’s really hard to screw up turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese (although the Mac & cheese certainly isn’t anything to write home about).

AEfx

For me, the best food was pre-COVID when Liberty Tree had a lunch a la carté menu, but then they've kept it all family style since and it's just the standard Thanksgiving banquet food.
Back in the day, that was the best lunch at the MK - a burger at Liberty Tree was only a few bucks more than one from a quick service and was way better. Plus, I doubt they still do it, but the best souvenir was the glass LTT mugs you could buy for $5 each. I have like 4 of them, which I had bought even more LOL. They have held up for many years now.

fgmnt

I had the worst chicken parm I've ever eaten at Tony's! Didn't know it was possible to screw up chicken parm that badly.

The spaghetti was bad, the sauce was bad, and the chicken was bad. My chicken was at least edible, despite being bad, but my GF's was like a piece of rubber. It was really difficult to even cut it. She ended up getting a hot dog at Casey's after we left just to have something to eat.

That was admittedly 5 or 6 years ago, so they could have improved since then, but it was bad enough that I wouldn't ever go back considering how many other options exist.

It's unfortunate, because I like the interior and the location! If the food was even average I'd be happy to eat there.
It’s fascinated me how notoriously bad this restaurant has been practically my entire life with zero apparent change on TDO’s end. I don’t get how the space has not been shut down and changed over yet. Hell, just make it Plaza Inn South.

TrojanUSC

Why is it there is no way to get DL Plaza fried chicken at MK? Seems like such a home run.

Nope. In general, WDW QS food sucks to Disneyland's. Many different reasons for that - including a very different clientele, different management and, frankly, the Disney Dining Plan which devastated/homogenized food quality across the resort at the Disney-operated resaurants/stands. Even horrid places like Chef Mickey's used to make nearly everything from scratch but post DDP nearly everything except the obvious is frozen or made off-site.

UNCgolf

It’s fascinated me how notoriously bad this restaurant has been practically my entire life with zero apparent change on TDO’s end. I don’t get how the space has not been shut down and changed over yet. Hell, just make it Plaza Inn South.

Well, it still stays busy, so why bother changing it from TDO's perspective?

Although others have said the quality has improved significantly in the past few years, so that it's at least average food instead of abysmal food.

SpectreJordan

Cosmic Ray's is fine. They're not the best burgers in the world but they're acceptable.

I wish MK had more healthy options that weren't salads though. DAK does a great job at that with all of the rice bowls & like the entirety of the Avatar QS. DAK has the best quick service food at WDW by a landslide IMO; it's better than all the festival foods at EPCOT everyone goes crazy over too. There's some legitimately good stuff there.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom