News Disney hints at more changes to come at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

fgmnt

Man, Pecos is about the only place I eat now (well, a few years ago I guess) in MK. Harbour went WAY downhill, and everything else is pretty gross. As someone who hates Cajun food, I honestly have no idea what I would do in that park if Pecos goes away. Maybe jump a monorail to a resort? But that's losing a few hours in the park too.
I personally find MK to be one of the least pleasant parks in all of Central Florida. Spending less time there is not a bad thing imo.

I don’t think this can be overstated: MK is the most visited theme park in the world but I have to imagine guest satisfaction there is way under what you think such a rated park would be.

JD80

Man, Pecos is about the only place I eat now (well, a few years ago I guess) in MK. Harbour went WAY downhill, and everything else is pretty gross. As someone who hates Cajun food, I honestly have no idea what I would do in that park if Pecos goes away. Maybe jump a monorail to a resort? But that's losing a few hours in the park too.

Columbia Harbour House is decent, so may want to try again.

I haven't had it but I've heard the Chicken Waffle Sandwhich at Sleepy Hollow is pretty good.

LSLS

I personally find MK to be one of the least pleasant parks in all of Central Florida. Spending less time there is not a bad thing imo.

I don’t think this can be overstated: MK is the most visited theme park in the world but I have to imagine guest satisfaction there is way under what you think such a rated park would be.
Eh I kind of disagree. The food is beyond a train wreck, but it has far and away the most stuff to do, the best theming (at least for now), and plenty of rides that have reasonable wait times, even on pretty busy days. I mean, a semi-busy day at DHS, and there is nothing you can do you aren't waiting 45-60 minutes. Even busy days at MK, you can (could I guess I should say, no idea now) get things like the mover, Monsters, barnstormer, dumbo, small world, progress, mermaid, tiki and even Pirate a lot of time under 30 minutes or so.

doctornick

Eh I kind of disagree. The food is beyond a train wreck, but it has far and away the most stuff to do, the best theming (at least for now), and plenty of rides that have reasonable wait times, even on pretty busy days. I mean, a semi-busy day at DHS, and there is nothing you can do you aren't waiting 45-60 minutes. Even busy days at MK, you can (could I guess I should say, no idea now) get things like the mover, Monsters, barnstormer, dumbo, small world, progress, mermaid, tiki and even Pirate a lot of time under 30 minutes or so.

The number and variety of shows at MK really helps with that. Even if lines for rides are somewhat heavy, essentially every land has a show you can pop into with a very short wait (Tiki Bird, CBJ, HoP, Philharmagic, CoP, Laugh Floor). That dramatically impacts how easy it is to enjoy the park.

UNCgolf

I think Animal Kingdom has better overall theming than the Magic Kingdom -- MK has lost some theming over the past couple of decades too.

EPCOT and DHS have distinct areas that are themed better than the Magic Kingdom, but not the park as a whole. I think DHS may have been better overall than MK from a theming perspective 20 years ago, but that version of the park is gone (and it had other issues).

MK obviously has far more to actually do than DHS or AK, though.

Disstevefan1

I think Animal Kingdom has better overall theming than the Magic Kingdom -- MK has lost some theming over the past couple of decades too.

EPCOT and DHS have distinct areas that are themed better than the Magic Kingdom, but not the park as a whole. I think DHS may have been better overall than MK from a theming perspective 20 years ago, but that version of the park is gone (and it had other issues).

I do like the college campus/industrial park vibe they acheived in Future Wor..... er, I mean, Celebration Gardens area of EPCOT. Who does not love seating?

A q

Disstevefan1

I do like the college campus/industrial park vibe they achieved in Future Wor..... er, I mean, Celebration Gardens area of EPCOT. Who does not love seating? ;)

A question I have for anyone out there, is that real rust I see all over the place in the Celebration Gardens area or is that faux rust?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Funnel cake at sleepy hollow can be your Alamo, colonel Travis

Disstevefan1

BadFeeling.png

Disstevefan1

It's used on some grates, retaining walls, and the tree-like structures in the Inspiration Garden. That's it. If they cause issues, they'll just replace them with something with a different finish, which they do all the time anyway. All of the similarly-colored benches are actually wood.
My worry would be getting rust on clothing if you happen to lean on these areas. Time will tell.

I presume they tested this back stage over time?

Horizon1

Or if Tortuga Tavern can stay open during the refurb then that could have some burgers added to the menu temporarily or even permanently.

I thought that was going to become a pirates themed bar / restaurant

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom