News Disney hints at more changes to come at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

yensidtlaw1969

Is this all planned to be finished with the Tiana ride, or at later dates? (the food complex)
I don't believe any of this is even official yet, but if it does happen they'd presumably want it to open with or before Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

For comparison, Disneyland's French Market closed on February 16th last year and Tiana's Palace opened on September 7th. It's not a given that a Pecos Bill transformation would take as long, but if it did they'd have to start soon to get it open in time for Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

yensidtlaw1969

I wish I could see the numbers on how popular she really is. I don’t ever see kids dressed as her in the parks. I have theories on why she’s pushed so heavily, but…
It doesn't do Disney any good to "push" characters that aren't already making them a bunch of money. That's called throwing good money after bad, and they make a point not to do that.

They have internal data that tells them pretty clearly who sells merch and who doesn't. I don't have exact numbers, but it's safe to assume Tiana makes bank.

Purduevian

1705000384363.png

Seems like a simple re-route of the parade path (possibly destruction of that snack stand) would open up a large plot of land for a new Orleans themed area or new restaurant.

Maybe it will stay in Frontierland, but be a mini-land like Storybook circus or Caribbean plaza

Purduevian

Train tracks are back there as well.

That’s also lots of $$$ to spend when WDW clearly prefers to rebuild / repurpose.
100% forgot about the railroad track.
Could still make some room by altering the parade route, but it is much more limited.
1705003833673.png

Red area is ~18,000sqft. For reference the Frozen meet and greet in EPCOT is ~11,000 sqft, sleepy hollow is ~2,000 sqft...

So by moving the parade path you could get a multi-room Tiana meet and greet and a hardy to go snack/ light meal stand.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney has the numbers. If Tiana wasn't so popular, her park and cruiseline and resorts presence wouldn't be growing every year.
Princess and the frog is not nearly as popular as you would think by their focus on it…

But I applaud that they have stuck with it. Does it generate the revenue/profit of some of their other Princess IP? Logically no…but it has become a key in emperor Bob’s plans and nobody is around to dispute him.

It fills what they see as a “void” for their strategic plans. Back when they had a strategy…which clearly they do not now.

The thing they should build an attraction on…a new one…is Stitch.
The amount of product that rather underwhelming film has pushed now 20+ years is amazing.

If you put me in charge (and you could do far worse…make no mistake)…the first two things I do is greenlit stitch and tangled for park adds. And then get the queues ready.

Then I get “creative” at the back of mgm and finally use some common sense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For tangled, a crazy simple boat ride through a floating lantern festival would be a huge success. They wouldn’t even have to try!
I think the focus of any new fireworks show should be the lantern scene…I’ve said that for years

Unfortunately Epcot lends itself best to that

The lantern scene is one of the most significant scenes in Disney animation history.

MagicHappens1971

100% forgot about the railroad track.
Could still make some room by altering the parade route, but it is much more limited.
View attachment 762582
Red area is ~18,000sqft. For reference the Frozen meet and greet in EPCOT is ~11,000 sqft, sleepy hollow is ~2,000 sqft...

So by moving the parade path you could get a multi-room Tiana meet and greet and a hardy to go snack/ light meal stand.
1705019513814.png

This area is also about 18,000 square feet, although I think I included some of the queue space, so that wouldn't really count. They do have the old playground space, as well as the restrooms (that could've been reworked).

At the end of the day, it is unlikely they're going to do anything that involves brand new construction (at this stage), I could see a Peco's rework, as well as the Briar Patch store, and maybe an additional snack cart with specialty items (like beignets and a beverage).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom