Disney Food What you crave!

Phonedave

What are zebra domes and where do you get them?

You can get them at the buffet at Boma (in the Animal Kingdom Lodge)

If you don't want to spring for the full buffet, you can buy them individually (in I think 2 packs) at The Mara (which is the counter service place at AKL)

As to what they are? - In a word, Overrated.

It's a Kahlua/chocolate mousse. They put it on top of a little disc of chocolate sponge, and then top it with white and regular chocolate. The whole thing looks like half a golf ball (the DOME) and is brown and white striped (the ZEBRA) - hence Zebra Dome

They are not bad, but honestly I cannot for the life of me see why everyone gets so worked up over them.

-dave

Prof. Aronnax

I know this is not a Disney signature item, evidenced by the fact that it does not have a name (like Dole Whips or Zebra Domes). And I don't know if it is a standard item, but the last time I was at Boma, at the carving station, they were serving pork that upon carving it from the roast they finished it in a large wok. The hot oil in the wok made it incredibly crispy without being burnt or dry. The best peices were on the bottom, down in the oil where each side received the same glorious treatment.

Ever since, my inner Anthony Bourdain has been willing to crawl over broken glass to have more.

palmage

For the past few days I've been in such a craving for these said items from Disney World....:slurp:

1) Dole Whip
2) Casey's Hot Dog
3) Goofy's Candy company Sour Apple Cotton Candy
4) A Burger from Pecos Bills
5) Popcorn
6) A Mouse Head Rice Krispie
7) Tye Dyed Cheescake at Pop Century

You know your craving something deep inside that has been bugging you since your last trip...So shout! Shout it out and let your cravings be heard!:sohappy:
Number 6 :sohappy:

As far as real food at Disney, I'm not sure if they've heard of the concept of spices and flavor.

Everything is pretty bland....

MillerPoppins

Oooooh I haven't had the Chocolate Peanut Butter ones, something else for the list of things to try next month....

You definitely gotta like peanut butter though to try them. They have HUGE peanut butter chips in them. I tried the Snickerdoodle ones for the first time last trip and they were pretty good. Have you done the White Chocolate Chocolate Chip ones?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom