Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

fltink

Hi all! I am going to assume there are no embroidery machines on board to personalize mickey ears, however, are there cruise specific ears available on board? I figured there would be pirate ears, but are there any with a captains hat or the ship on it? TIA

They do have mickey ears onboard with a white captain's hat. Super cute.

sweetpee_1993

Hi all! I am going to assume there are no embroidery machines on board to personalize mickey ears, however, are there cruise specific ears available on board? I figured there would be pirate ears, but are there any with a captains hat or the ship on it? TIA

You could always buy the Mickey ears onboard then take them back to WDW for embroidery. Well, if you're returning to WDW afterwards. On our first cruise we purchased a glass ornament onboard then took it to the Days of Christmas shop in DtD for personalization. Awesome keepsake!

Cesar R M

Question, is it possible to buy the Beer Mug with no plan? (as a souvenir?)
do they sell Captain hats (like the one Mickey wears) as well?

I'm already planning what souvenirs to buy!

Also, as for Alaska souvenirs.
Any good ideas to get from there? a friend who went to Alaska told me that in the gold rush town with tons of jewerly stores.. its always good to buy some jewerly. Is this true?

I heard you can order cakes too.
Can you order something like "First cruise ever" cakes or just birthday cakes?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Question, is it possible to buy the Beer Mug with no plan? (as a souvenir?)
do they sell Captain hats (like the one Mickey wears) as well?

I'm already planning what souvenirs to buy!

Also, as for Alaska souvenirs.
Any good ideas to get from there? a friend who went to Alaska told me that in the gold rush town with tons of jewerly stores.. its always good to buy some jewerly. Is this true?

I heard you can order cakes too.
Can you order something like "First cruise ever" cakes or just birthday cakes?

Good question on the beer mug! My guess would be yes, but maybe someone else knows for sure.
The only Captain hats they usually have are for children. That could certainly change though!
There are a ton of jewelry stores in those ports, it's true. We stuck to T-shirts and hats, but there are a lot of fun options! We enjoyed the shopping!
There are celebration cakes! Go here to look:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/in-room-gifts-and-shopping/

Cesar R M

Good question on the beer mug! My guess would be yes, but maybe someone else knows for sure.
The only Captain hats they usually have are for children. That could certainly change though!
There are a ton of jewelry stores in those ports, it's true. We stuck to T-shirts and hats, but there are a lot of fun options! We enjoyed the shopping!
There are celebration cakes! Go here to look:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/in-room-gifts-and-shopping/
I dont mind the size of the Captain Hat honestly, its would be used as a memento :>
Still, I dont see the hat in the DCL merchandise site ... Perhaps its a onboard only product?

kasey1988

Hi! I am wondering if anyone knows when you get your stateroom assignment? When we booked our category 6a the website said a stateroom could not be assigned at that time. My overly compulsive planning side is stressing out not knowing what cabin we have or in what area of the ship! I'm sure we will enjoy our 3 night cruise no matter what room we are in tho! We are cruising from. Sept 18-21, maybe we will see some other wdw magic peeps!

fltink

I've gotten cabin numbers anywhere between two months before the trip, to the day of the trip. Sometimes it works in your favor, because you could be surprised with an upgrade, but worst case scenario, you get the category that you booked. Heck, I'd sleep on a lounge chair on Deck 4 if I needed to!

kasey1988

I've gotten cabin numbers anywhere between two months before the trip, to the day of the trip. Sometimes it works in your favor, because you could be surprised with an upgrade, but worst case scenario, you get the category that you booked. Heck, I'd sleep on a lounge chair on Deck 4 if I needed to!
Lol thanks! I made sure to atleast book what we would be happy with!

Cesar R M

You would think! They'd make a fortune!

Yes. Silly hats rock. :)
Hey Falcon, question again..
when you are in the towns like Juneau.. Can you board the ship again to eat for lunch and dinner right?
or we have to eat outside. I'm already planning the tours we want to do.

kasey1988

Is there a bakery on board the disney dream? I am wondering because we are celebrating our first anniversary with dcl and in wdw and am looking to have a mini version of our wedding cake made (like one of the small personal sized ones you can get at wdw), if not we can always order it in the world and celebrate there. :) thanks!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Is there a bakery on board the disney dream? I am wondering because we are celebrating our first anniversary with dcl and in wdw and am looking to have a mini version of our wedding cake made (like one of the small personal sized ones you can get at wdw), if not we can always order it in the world and celebrate there. :) thanks!

You can order custom cakes! Try this link:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/

Cesar R M

moar questions!

Disneycruiseline tours does have "packages" with 2 or more tours in a single trip (combos) in their website.
I wonder; these can be booked as well in groups separately? I ask, because the price difference.
I've seen sites for example.. that offer the dog sled trip... and are way more expensive than Disney's version.
Is there a website where you can see the differences and the most valuable choices?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
can you leave stuff for signatures on a three night cruise??

Yes you can! :)

moar questions!

Disneycruiseline tours does have "packages" with 2 or more tours in a single trip (combos) in their website.
I wonder; these can be booked as well in groups separately? I ask, because the price difference.
I've seen sites for example.. that offer the dog sled trip... and are way more expensive than Disney's version.
Is there a website where you can see the differences and the most valuable choices?

Hmm. If I understand your question, I've never seen one that breaks them down and compares. I think you'll need to read reviews of each tour and see what they include.

Cesar R M

Yes you can! :)

Hmm. If I understand your question, I've never seen one that breaks them down and compares. I think you'll need to read reviews of each tour and see what they include.

eep sorry!, to be more clear :

1. Disney cruise destinations website offers individual and "combo" tours (example.. "Best of Ketchikan" )
  2. I Notice a savings when you buy these "combo" than individual packages.
  3. Everyone I know mentions that Disney packages are more expensive than their out of ship counterparts ( I notice the difference is usually 10 to 20 USD, but they seem to have perks.. like disney chars meetings)
  4. Are there good sites to check the non disney prices all collected in a single website? or do I have to google to find each company-tour type separately?
  5. Bonus question: how fun is the lumberjack show ? ;)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
eep sorry!, to be more clear :

1. Disney cruise destinations website offers individual and "combo" tours (example.. "Best of Ketchikan" )
  2. I Notice a savings when you buy these "combo" than individual packages.
  3. Everyone I know mentions that Disney packages are more expensive than their out of ship counterparts ( I notice the difference is usually 10 to 20 USD, but they seem to have perks.. like disney chars meetings)
  4. Are there good sites to check the non disney prices all collected in a single website? or do I have to google to find each company-tour type separately?
  5. Bonus question: how fun is the lumberjack show ? ;)

Okay, gotcha! I think you'll have to find each company tour type separately. That would be a nice tool to have though! Someone should make that! :)

I didn't go, but I heard it was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom