Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

Since you are on the Wonder, your options for lunch are: Beach Blanket Buffet on Deck 9, which is the buffet, Parrot Cay, which is a buffet for lunch - with the difference that you still get seated at a specific table and will have a server bringing you drinks, and Triton's for table service. Besides that there are three different stations on the pool deck with Pinocchios Pizza (for pizza obviously), Pluto's Dog House (for hot dogs, burgers, chicken wings and usually a daily special) and Goofey's Galley which has different sandwiches, wraps, panininis, salads and fruit. And then there is also room service.

I really like eating at Triton's for lunch, it is just more relaxing and I have found the lunch food to be always very good.

If you want to have a chance to say hi to your serving team during lunch, they usually work at the restaurant where they will be that evening as well, with the exception of days you eat at Animators Palate, then they are at BBB for lunch.

Breakfast has more or less the same options, but no pizza or burgers. And PC might not be open if there is a character breakfast. You can also get very nice breakfast pastries from the Cove Cafe (no need to buy a coffee).

On Alaska cruises they usually set up a grill behind Beach Blanket Buffet on Tracy Arm day. Don't miss it! It's delicious! There are steaks, reindeer sausage, all kinds of fun things! :)

Oh, and generally your servers will let you know your breakfast and lunch options for the next day at dinner!

again, thank you so much for the answers!
TWO MONTHS FOR MY FIRST CRUISE WOOHOOOO!!!
GKIg1IU.gif

*edit*
the only bad thing I can find is.. the choices for hot food are very limited. I would have preferred a Deli or a Club sandwich for breakfast.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Just booked an excursion for my Nassau day and it says confirmed activity in my plans, but when do I pay?? It's really confirmed without payment??

lostpro9het

MichWolv is correct. They will bring you a receipt to sign at the end of your meal acknowledging the Palo charge. You can add a tip then. :)
And what is the tip etiquette here? How much do we tip the Palo server for dinner and should we reduce the tip that we give at the end of our stay to all the other waiters? Using a disney tip calculator we found, we will be tipping our regular 4 waiters a combined $72 for the 3-day cruise but they won't be waiting us for one of our dinners.

ChuckElias

And what is the tip etiquette here? How much do we tip the Palo server for dinner
Check out this thread. It has some differing suggestions. You can decide which one you're comfortable with. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/palo-tipping.836266/

and should we reduce the tip that we give at the end of our stay to all the other waiters? Using a disney tip calculator we found, we will be tipping our regular 4 waiters a combined $72 for the 3-day cruise but they won't be waiting us for one of our dinners.
You certainly can do that by going to Guest Services and reducing your tip amount. We have never done that because when we go to Palo, our kids still go to the rotational restaurant. I really do understand your thinking, and if the tip for that one day is going to impact your finances, then I understand not wanting to pay for services that weren't rendered. But my own opinion is that I'd rather give my server the full tip amount, realizing that it's the only way he/she makes a living while onboard. It's not my server's fault that I decided not to use his services that night. He/she still has to be there for me, in case I show up. They can't wait on a different table to make up for the tip that I withhold for that night. But that's just my opinion, and as I said, I actually would understand if your opinion was different.

If you want to make sure you "get your money's worth", find out which restaurant your server will be in for lunch the next day and make sure you get his/her table. That way, they still earn the previous night's tip. :)

Last edited:

lostpro9het

. It's not my server's fault that I decided not to use his services that night. He/she still has to be there for me, in case I show up....
I like your thinking! I'll leave that gratuity alone.

Edit: still not sure what we should tip at Palo though...

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
What Chuck said! We don't reduce our servers tips no matter how few times we eat in the dining room.

And yes, there are lots of opinions on Palo. :)

ginadee

I will be on the Dream sept 27th for 4 night. Does anyone know which night is pirate night and which is dress up night?

Cesar R M

I will be on the Dream sept 27th for 4 night. Does anyone know which night is pirate night and which is dress up night?
You should ask Tammy @Disneyfalcon directly about this. But I'm pretty sure the pattern is always the same.
(aka pirate night on the day before CastAwayCay.. it seems to be usually on day 3 on the 4 night trips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom