Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

bhg469

The lines and strollers at Akershus are bad enough, this is just going to merge right against that and create a mess the same way the little meetngreet did at puffins roost only worse. Its not going to be pretty.
Well to be fair, that expansion pad is huge, the new meet and greet could easily have a stroller corral too because more countries are overrated.

bhg469

oh I know, I meant when the previous meetngreet was open that was temporary in puffins roost
My last trip fortunately missed that debacle by a few weeks, as they already moved the ladies to MK where they belong. I'm sure it would have been pretty frustrating to anyone who was there.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
OLC have not officially announced the project yet, but @WDW1974 has revealed some exciting tidbits about the plans. It will indeed be a whole land, and it will be going in TDS and not TDL. The highlight will be a mega E-ticket (hinted to be using trackless tech) that will cost over $400 million. The plans also included an indoor restaurant with auroras overhead, as well as a smaller flat ride of a yet unspecified type. No estimated date of completion yet but possibly sometime in 2018 or later depending on when OLC breaks ground.

ie the kind of E-Ticket Frozen SHOULD have gotten in WDW but IgerCo was too cheap to build, Instead we have cheap retheme of Maelstrom with C-ticket capacity, The line will start in Canada for this one...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Where else could they have found a far more appropriate and fitting area to build a fantasy attraction with enough room for a ride fitting of their most valuable IPs popularity? Somewhere large enough to hold a decent D-E ticket, store and meet n greet? With say a show building at least as big as Aerials Undersea Adventure with land already prepped and good access both on and offstage?

I wonder...

image.jpg

Oh look. A two acre site.

With even more ride space if they went upstairs too. Like Alice did in 1958 in Disneyland.

Not a "doom and gloomer" or an "apologist".

Just stating facts.

Last edited:

bhg469

Where else could they have found a far more appropriate and fitting area to build a fantasy attraction with enough room for a ride fitting of their most valuable IPs popularity? Somewhere large enough to hold a decent D-E ticket, store and meet n greet? With say a show building at least as big as Aerials Undersea Adventure with land already prepped and good access both on and offstage?

I wonder...

View attachment 90254

With even more ride space if they went upstairs too. Like Alice did in 1958 in Disneyland.
I'm wondering what the apologists have to say about this.. Probably the usual,
"it's too late"
"my kids like Frozen so it's ok"
"epcot is boring they need fun stuff for kids because disney is for children"

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm wondering what the apologists have to say about this.. Probably the usual,
"it's too late"
"my kids like Frozen so it's ok"
"epcot is boring they need fun stuff for kids because disney is for children"
We have 356 pages of back and forth on this. No need to wonder, it's all in there;)

Not an apologist, but it is too late and a lot of kids do like Frozen. Both are facts, neither is a good excuse for this happening.

The 3rd point is complete BS. It's been stated about EPCOT since it opened by some people. The majority of kids actually love EPCOT...sometimes parents perceive that it will be too boring for their kids because it has/had an educational element to it. A lot of people don't give kids enough credit. Ironically, the educational parts like the post ride exhibits and innovations over the years were always filled with happy kids having fun.

Fantasyland would have been an ideal place for a Frozen mini-land. I think the movie came out too late to replace the circus tents, but there's plenty of space still back there and they could have used the Speedway. I still think that ride should go and they should open a real cart racing experience at Disney Springs. One with both a kids track and an adult one. It would be an extra charge of course, but the Speedway is just so blah.

Mike S

We have 356 pages of back and forth on this. No need to wonder, it's all in there;)

Not an apologist, but it is too late and a lot of kids do like Frozen. Both are facts, neither is a good excuse for this happening.

The 3rd point is complete BS. It's been stated about EPCOT since it opened by some people. The majority of kids actually love EPCOT...sometimes parents perceive that it will be too boring for their kids because it has/had an educational element to it. A lot of people don't give kids enough credit. Ironically, the educational parts like the post ride exhibits and innovations over the years were always filled with happy kids having fun.

Fantasyland would have been an ideal place for a Frozen mini-land. I think the movie came out too late to replace the circus tents, but there's plenty of space still back there and they could have used the Speedway. I still think that ride should go and they should open a real cart racing experience at Disney Springs. One with both a kids track and an adult one. It would be an extra charge of course, but the Speedway is just so blah.
That's actually not a bad idea.

jt04

I wonder...

View attachment 90254

Just stating facts.

Norway was the fast track option. But I would think another successful movie would put many options on the table for the future. Including the one you mention here.

twebber55

I wonder...

View attachment 90254

Just stating facts.
do you think they were thinking we need something in world showcase to attract people? trying to spread people out more so than actual fit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom