Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Goofyernmost

isnt this a bit stupid? building fast = get done first, start exploiting it quickly
built it slow = costs and overruns, people tend to wait until something new is released..

so that means LESS MONEY.
Especially since that isn't the way it is expensed. Parent of 4 just did a very lengthy explanation on how capex is expensed. It doesn't really matter how much time they take to build it, be it one day or 7 years, it will still be expensed based on the total cost over many years. I don't know why they take so long to do anything, but, it isn't that reason.

They're not your researchers....
That's one of the nice parts of these threads. Everyone is so helpful to new people. It's the Disney way.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Especially since that isn't the way it is expensed. Parent of 4 just did a very lengthy explanation on how capex is expensed. It doesn't really matter how much time they take to build it, be it one day or 7 years, it will still be expensed based on the total cost over many years. I don't know why they take so long to do anything, but, it isn't that reason.

That's one of the nice parts of these threads. Everyone is so helpful to new people. It's the Disney way.
He's not that new, and the thread wasn't that difficult to find....

Bing Bong

I apologize that using search or checking out the first page of this thread is so difficult for someone who has been on this forum for 4 months.

Goofyernmost

He's not that new, and the thread wasn't that difficult to find....
It doesn't really matter. Any new people on the board that read that get a very good idea of the mood of this thread and just how helpful posters are to other posters. In a factual sense you are correct, but, one has to wonder if that is the best way to handle the situation and not negatively impact the feel of the board. And perhaps remember that Steve is pretty dependent on the numbers of people that frequent this board. Driving them away does not help to improve those numbers.

Bing Bong

It doesn't really matter. Any new people on the board that read that get a very good idea of the mood of this thread and just how helpful posters are to other posters. In a factual sense you are correct, but, one has to wonder if that is the best way to handle the situation and not negatively impact the feel of the board. And perhaps remember that Steve is pretty dependent on the numbers of people that frequent this board. Driving them away does not help to improve those numbers.
WDWMagic has been like this for well over a decade, and yet here it is.. still up and running and highly active.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Advising one member to use the search function (instead of relying on someone else to post a link for him) isn't breaking out the pitchforks. Nor is it driving anyone away. But it's terrific that you're trying to invoke the site owner's name to impress me. Or that he's overly concerned with one out of 80k+ members on this site. Unless it's to move to other forums/threads ones started by that same member today....

Goofyernmost

Advising one member to use the search function (instead of relying on someone else to post a link for him) isn't breaking out the pitchforks. Nor is it driving anyone away. But it's terrific that you're trying to invoke the site owner's name to impress me. Or that he's overly concerned with one out of 80k+ members on this site. Unless it's to move to other forums/threads ones started by that same member today....
Advising is something that we all should be doing, however...
They're not your researchers....
This is not advising, this is being snotty because someone didn't live up to your expectations. Sorry, but don't try the, 'I was only trying to help', approach with this. It doesn't ring true.
80K members? How many of those are active? How many have run into feedback that made them feel foolish and never came back, but, they are still listed as members? Should the owner of this board (I'd say Steve but that seems to offend you that I know his name) run it like Disney is presently running the parks without thinking ahead or trying grow their product?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Advising is something that we all should be doing, however...

This is not advising, this is being snotty because someone didn't live up to your expectations. Sorry, but don't try the, 'I was only trying to help', approach with this. It doesn't ring true.
80K members? How many of those are active? How many have run into feedback that made them feel foolish and never came back, but, they are still listed as members? Should the owner of this board (I'd say Steve but that seems to offend you that I know his name) run it like Disney is presently running the parks without thinking ahead or trying grow their product?
You'd have to think I had any expectations to begin with. And that actually wasn't my first response to that member about using the Search function. Nor was it the only one.

And spare your supposed concern about Steve "growing" this site. He's doing just fine with or without either of us. Again, telling/suggesting/advising/whatever someone to use their own fingers to find a large thread isn't going to drive someone away or cause a sudden and dramatic drop in membership numbers. But you stick to that argument....

Last edited:

Phil12

But according to Einstein there is no such thing as "Time" as we think of it in the Universe. There is only now.
But the earth is slowing down over geological time. As a result, on June 30 this year a "leap second" is going to be added to atomic clocks all over the world. That is obviously why it takes Disney longer to build new attractions. Disney is more in sync with the earth than Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom