Disney’s Chief Diversity Officer Exits Role

Figgy1

Premium Member
That's before my time 😉
Lying Simon Rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm starting to see a bit of what the "other side" is always complaining about lol. It's sad that my post about according some grace and understanding to people who think and feel differently than you based on their own upbringing and experiences was so misconstrued.

I see it too.

It's so weird that just letting people live their lives as they want in a manner that impacts no one negatively can be so divisive.

It's like maybe there's one side that pretends that both sides are bad, when really it's one side that's very bad and the other side that's mediocre.

But that's just me. What do I care?

At the end of the day, an argument on the internet will change no ones mind.

Chi84

Premium Member
I see it too.

It's so weird that just letting people live their lives as they want in a manner that impacts no one negatively can be so divisive.

It's like maybe there's one side that pretends that both sides are bad, when really it's one side that's very bad and the other side that's mediocre.

But that's just me. What do I care?

At the end of the day, an argument on the internet will change no ones mind.
If someone is on an internet discussion board it’s good to be willing to discuss. I found your post about your own experiences very interesting and informative. It’s good for people to learn these things even if they don’t change their minds. Change comes about with knowledge.

Wendy Pleakley

I'm starting to see a bit of what the "other side" is always complaining about lol. It's sad that my post about according some grace and understanding to people who think and feel differently than you based on their own upbringing and experiences was so misconstrued.

"But in my opinion, some loons on the left have gone too far and other loons on the right are overreacting. Nobody needs drag queen story hour in the children's section of the library"

You're parroting right wing talking points that imply drag queens are a danger or inappropriate for children, and then trying to frame it as just understanding a different opinion.

Yeah, people who go after minorities always find ways to frame it in a way to make it seem reasonable. Seen this a million times before.

Have you missed all the recent news of right wing extremists aggressively targeting drag queens and LGBT people in general? There's no both sides middle ground here.

mkt

Premium Member
If someone is on an internet discussion board it’s good to be willing to discuss. I found your post about your own experiences very interesting and informative. It’s good for people to learn these things even if they don’t change their minds. Change comes about with knowledge.
To this day I just want to know how a man dressed as a woman in a comedy and musical entertainment show is a sexual thing that can harm children?

Wendy Pleakley

It has been a form of adult entertainment and sexual in nature for years...decades. But is it really a stretch to understand why many people cannot get their heads around the fact that there has been an increase in the attempt to convert it to a form of children's entertainment? They ask why and for what purpose?

This is such a nonsensical take.

Every form of entertainment can be tailored for a specific audience.

Chi84

Premium Member
You're parroting right wing talking points that imply drag queens are a danger or inappropriate for children, and then trying to frame it as just understanding a different opinion.

Yeah, people who go after minorities always find ways to frame it in a way to make it seem reasonable. Seen this a million times before.

Have you missed all the recent news of right wing extremists aggressively targeting drag queens and LGBT people in general? There's no both sides middle ground here.
You’ve taken my quote completely out of context, including leaving out the part that says no one needs laws against teachers sexualizing young children.

You’re equating my statement that people shouldn’t be labeled bigots for deciding that drag queen story hour is not appropriate for their own children with condoning attacks on a community of people. Of course there is no middle ground when it comes to attacking people.

I guess we can just keep on with the labeling and refusal to compromise on even the most minor issues. It’s working so well for us as a society.

Last edited:

doctornick

Is the end of Mulan not children’s entertainment?
Maybe it’s me, but I wouldn’t call the end of Mulan or Klinger from MASH a “drag queen”. The particular term connotes a certain bawdy nature that isn’t necessarily there with just someone dressed as the opposite sex.

lazyboy97o

Maybe it’s me, but I wouldn’t call the end of Mulan or Klinger from MASH a “drag queen”. The particular term connotes a certain bawdy nature that isn’t necessarily there with just someone dressed as the opposite sex.
In the context of what’s being attacked and outlawed, it is just someone dressed a certain way. That a person does other performances that are not suitable for children is irrelevant. Nobody says kids shouldn’t watch Full House because Bob Saget’s standup was not appropriate for children.

Chi84

Premium Member
In the context of what’s being attacked and outlawed, it is just someone dressed a certain way. That a person does other performances that are not suitable for children is irrelevant. Nobody says kids shouldn’t watch Full House because Bob Saget’s standup was not appropriate for children.
That’s the thing people are missing. Some hear “drag queen” and immediately equate it with “lewd” or “bawdy.” Not everyone is aware of how mainstreamed it has become.

In any event, there is no justification for passing laws against something that is not hurting anyone simply because you don’t agree with it.

doctornick

To this day I just want to know how a man dressed as a woman in a comedy and musical entertainment show is a sexual thing that can harm children?
If they are being presented as a “drag queen” then it’s just intrinsic to that name. It’s interesting to me in this thread that others seem to feel that “drag queen” can apply to just a regular trans person or to comedians who are specifically using cross dressing in a mocking humorous way.

That’s I suppose more of an issue of the nuances of language but I think we need a much better term for what is being featured if it’s simply a trans person who otherwise is acting a banal ordinary way. That’s not a “drag queen” to me.

mickEblu

Uhhh this would be because Bob Saget never tired to bring his standup routine to schools and libraries so the issue would never come up in the first place.

And sure, it’s all the same. Bob Saget showing up to a school looking like anyone’s Dad or Uncle is the same as the Drag Queen in the picture below. It’s aLl tHe sAMe. That’s the goal right? To keep saying that until people believe it.

90583647-217A-4DC6-8A67-9E289FC41A58.jpeg

mkt

Premium Member
If they are being presented as a “drag queen” then it’s just intrinsic to that name. It’s interesting to me in this thread that others seem to feel that “drag queen” can apply to just a regular trans person or to comedians who are specifically using cross dressing in a mocking humorous way.

That’s I suppose more of an issue of the nuances of language but I think we need a much better term for what is being featured if it’s simply a trans person who otherwise is acting a banal ordinary way. That’s not a “drag queen” to me.
I want to make sure i'm reading this right.

Are you implying that a drag queen is intrinsically harmful to children?

mkt

Premium Member
Uhhh this would be because Bob Saget never tired to bring his standup routine to schools and libraries so the issue would never come up in the first place.

And sure, it’s all the same. Bob Saget showing up to a school looking like anyone’s Dad or Uncle is the same as the Drag Queen in the picture below. It’s aLl tHe sAMe. That’s the goal right? To keep saying that until people believe it.

View attachment 725780
I see a man dressed as a hilariously ridiculous woman reading stories to kids. That's it.

Like a clown but funnier and less scary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom