Disgusting! Stories

Summitplummet14

Original Poster
Is it me or is it just totaly disgusting when you encounter that one cm that just hates there job and is just totaly rude to everyone and wont offer any help at all. Like once we were trying to get fastpasses for space mountain and it wasnt working and so the we asked the lady and she was like " I really don't care, do it your bleepin self! We reported her and hopefully they did summin. So share you stories!!!

Jessica618

Fortunately, the only thing close to that I ever came was a few years ago on the ferry to MK. A lady and her family were pushing their way through the very crowded lower deck and screaming vulgarities to anyone who didn't abandon ship to get out of their way. This woman and her family were dead bent on being the first ones off the ferry. She happened to have stepped on a very small child's foot and the child's father said something to the effect of it's rude to trample others to be the first off.:mad:

This woman actually shoved him in retaliation! :eek::eek::eek:

The gentleman didn't even recoil before three CMs were all over this woman. I never knew there were so many on the ferries! I recall one CM telling her loudly to sit down and shut up. That's hardly rude in my book for what she did, but it's the only thing close to rude I've ever encountered.:shrug:

It was extra sweet to see be kept on the ferry until park security could come for her after we were all exited the ferry!:lol:

Every CM I ever encountered was the shining example of Disney hospitality.

cpeterstx

I have only had one incident of this nature. My wife and I had multi-day park hopper passes. We went to EPCOT and did the whole scan the ticket and do my fingerprint thing to get in. I went through fine, however, my wife was having issues. It would not accept her fingerprint at all.

The rather gruff CM working the turnstile punched a few numbers on the pad and let her in. Wellllll, we headed over to Soarin' to get a FP and...you guessed it...her card wouldn't work. It said her card was invalid.

We marched back up to the turnstile, found the guy, told him what happened and he just looked at us both like - 'hey, you're in da park heeere..whadaya want from me'. BIG MISTAKE. My 5-foot nuthin wife WENT OFF on this guy (short temper, dosage increased, getting better :lookaroun). I could be mistaken but I think he literally melted into the concrete.

Another CM came over and figured out what happened. The first day we used out passes, my wife used her left thumb. This time she was trying to use her right.

The other CM corrected the issue and off we went. The first turnstile guy quickly disappeared with no apologies or anything.

Bad form, I say, bad form!

I will say, though, we have had no other issues. In general, we have been very lucky!

welovewdw

we have encountered one such incident where a "gentleman" was yelling the F - word because the morning parade at AK stopped him for 10 mins (he had his kids with him too). Why on earth do people vacation at Disney and get in such a hurry to do everything in one day?

It's a vacation, chill...:cool:

Tinkrbell

In Oct. 2006, my mom & stopped to get our first Mickey bars in 10 years (we're lactose intolerant & finally found something that works for us) at a cart next to Mexico in Epcot. It was during the food & wine festival & there was a booth near the cart that was using a grill the was producing quite a bit of smoke. The wind was just right & kept blowing all of the smoke towards the ice cream cart. The cm at the cart did nothing but complain about how she had only been there half an hour & she was there for another six hours & how she was going to keep getting smoked out by the food & wine booth. We went past the cart later that evening and it was still the same cm at the cart & she wasn't complaing because there were no guests stopping at her cart, so she had no one to complain to, but she didn't look very happy because the wind was still blowing all the smoke towards her.

Tiggerfanatic

I can honestly say that every CM I've ever head dealings with were nothing but polite, cheerful & exremely helpful. I've seen some that had a very good reason to be rude to some obnoxious guests, but bless their hearts, they never lost their smile or raised their voices.

EPCOT.nut

Another CM came over and figured out what happened. The first day we used out passes, my wife used her left thumb. This time she was trying to use her right.

It has never occurred to me to use anything other than my right index finger when going through the turnstiles as that is the closest to the machine.

How was the CM to have known that she did that? A lot of times the ticket may not work because the machine is being a PIA. I have had that happen and still gotten FPs and re-entry for the whole year on my AP. I don't think the CM was at fault here....

bates1960

I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a second that the original story involving a CM from Space Mountain happened like the OP said it did. I work Space Mountain and know every one of those CM's very well, and refuse to believe any of them (or any CM for that matter) would ever respond like that. Now, I am not saying she wasn't flippant or not overly nice about helping you for whatever reason, but I highly doubt she said she didn't care and to do it your "bleepin" self. Even though we sometimes have the worst days of our lives while at work and forget to uphold all the Disney professionalism, I refuse to believe she used a word you can't type out here on a public forum.

I am tired of threads like these that pick apart CM's for having an attitude or having a bad day. No, it is not an excuse; but you are fooling yourself if you think you can do any better, day in and day out. How about someone starts a thread in which people discuss how nice we are instead of how "rude" we are...

(...and I know there is a 'Cast Member Appreciation' page, but that has new posts added to it like what, once a week? Whereas a thread like this will have a new post every 30 seconds for the next two weeks...)

maryszhi

ever cm i have ever encountered were the picture perfect ones, kind,respectful, eveything and above you expect from disney. tourist (AKA guests) yeah......not the same thing

EPCOT.nut

ever cm i have ever encountered were the picture perfect ones, kind,respectful, eveything and above you expect from disney. tourist (AKA guests) yeah......not the same thing

Yeah I go to WDW more than a dozen times a year and I spend real time there and have had no problems. I really spend time, I talk with the CMs, and smile a lot, so maybe that helps? I think if I was a CM dealing with tourists all the time maybe I would slip up ? but not to the degree described here. And nothing Disgusting.

I thought by Disgusting someone was going to tell the story where the kid peed in a ziplock again. :lol:

EpScott

I personally have never had any problems with Cast Members in my 9 trips to WDW. But now that I have been reading these forums, I'm sure that subconsciously I will be paying closer attention to their demeanors when I head down there on the 19th of this month. I just hope that I don't overthink about it and instead just have fun----i tend to get a little OCD about these things!!!!!

coasterphil

I have only had one incident of this nature. My wife and I had multi-day park hopper passes. We went to EPCOT and did the whole scan the ticket and do my fingerprint thing to get in. I went through fine, however, my wife was having issues. It would not accept her fingerprint at all.

The rather gruff CM working the turnstile punched a few numbers on the pad and let her in. Wellllll, we headed over to Soarin' to get a FP and...you guessed it...her card wouldn't work. It said her card was invalid.

We marched back up to the turnstile, found the guy, told him what happened and he just looked at us both like - 'hey, you're in da park heeere..whadaya want from me'. BIG MISTAKE. My 5-foot nuthin wife WENT OFF on this guy (short temper, dosage increased, getting better :lookaroun). I could be mistaken but I think he literally melted into the concrete.

The other CM corrected the issue and off we went. The first turnstile guy quickly disappeared with no apologies or anything.

Bad form, I say, bad form!

I will say, though, we have had no other issues. In general, we have been very lucky!

Whether or not the finger works has nothing to do with getting a fastpass. If the ticket is scanned and you enter on a green light then it is valid for a fastpass. The only way it would be invalid is if it were never scanned or if the ticket was demagnetized and couldn't be read at the fastpass machine. Even then, I would've focused on just getting a FP from the CM working at the machines there and explaining the problem. Much easier than marching back to the front to yell at someone who did what they were supposed to do.

Dragonrider1227

I have never run into bad CMs fortunatly and honestly, if there ARE CMs that don't like thier jobs, how about they trade places with me? Especially that person at the Space Mountain Fastpast. Space Mountain is one of the attractions i'd want to work at best.
Mind you, I wouldn't blame a CM for being a little difficult if they had to work at the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. I couldn't stand waiting in line for it with all the noise and the gas smells I can't imagine having to WORK there x_x

DWlover

We had one problem this past Oct. We were at the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and my DH kept getting picked as "that guy" and they kept showing his face on the screen. Well, I wanted to take a picture of it so I had my camera up taking a few. Now mind you, I had it set on 'museum mode' which meant no flash and no noise when taking the pic. Anyway, a CM came to my left and told me "no pictures". I apologized and told him the setting I had it on. He very rudely told me "I don't care, don't take anymore pictures". I was shocked at the "I don't care" remark. What was even more shocking was the gentleman sitting to my left and the one the CM had to lean over to tell me this was also taking pics and nothing was said to him. I never quite understood that one. LOL! But I just figured he was having a bad day and I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. We all have those days.

daliseurat

One of the main things I do love about WDW is the cast members. Most of them are spectacular. Most of them are friendly and ultra helpful. It makes me so happy to be someplace where people actually take their jobs seriously and try to do their best for the guest benefit.

Because this has been the norm for so long, I have gotten spoiled by it. I have noticed over the last couple years that there are more and more cast members who just seem to be...not Disney quality. They aren't as friendly or helpful. They don't smile or seem approachable. And they don't go the extra mile I am used to. Now I'm not saying that this applies to MOST of the cast members. It's a small, but growing minority. But they are more noticeable because I am spoiled and used to the excellent ones. It's as if I don't notice the fifty awesome cast members because I am so surprised by that one less than stellar cast member.

What I do believe is that cast members are not always put in the right place. Some people are just simply better at being with the guests than others. I've never really encountered a cast member with a horrible attitude. Just apathetic.

And for the majority of the cast members who make my stay so nice, I say THANK YOU.

kcw

I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a second that the original story involving a CM from Space Mountain happened like the OP said it did. I work Space Mountain and know every one of those CM's very well, and refuse to believe any of them (or any CM for that matter) would ever respond like that. Now, I am not saying she wasn't flippant or not overly nice about helping you for whatever reason, but I highly doubt she said she didn't care and to do it your "bleepin" self. Even though we sometimes have the worst days of our lives while at work and forget to uphold all the Disney professionalism, I refuse to believe she used a word you can't type out here on a public forum.

I am tired of threads like these that pick apart CM's for having an attitude or having a bad day. No, it is not an excuse; but you are fooling yourself if you think you can do any better, day in and day out. How about someone starts a thread in which people discuss how nice we are instead of how "rude" we are...

(...and I know there is a 'Cast Member Appreciation' page, but that has new posts added to it like what, once a week? Whereas a thread like this will have a new post every 30 seconds for the next two weeks...)

whoa there, chill down just a bit... if you read through all those posts that are being posted every 30 seconds, you'll see that most people are saying that they haven't had issues with CMs and are always impressed with how CMs usually act and deal with guests....

obviously as a SM CM you'd want to defend your own, but no matter how sweet and perfect a person might be 364 days of the year, everyone's bound to have a bad day once in a while. Who knows, maybe that CM's bf just spent three years in Iraq and was coming home that night and they force extended her.... yes, mild exaggeration with a story there, but no need to get all upset over nothing- as CMs we need to accept the positive comments given and not dwell on the few bad experiences guests might have had. Disney CMs aren't perfect, and that's ok

oh- and for every "bad experience with a CM" thread, there's a "stupid guest tricks" thread... so it goes both ways :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom