Disgusting! Stories

figmentmom

Actually, he probably was trying to figure out why she wasted her time coming back up to the front of the park to fix an issue that could have been solved at the FP machine.

:ROFLOL:

Actually, no. It couldn't. She couldn't use the FP machine because her park ticket was not valid. Why was it not valid...because there was no valid entry to the park. Which leads us back to why we had to go back to the front gate.

(see below)

Really, it was a non issue and you shouldn't have been sent back to the front of the park.

Uh, Merf, it sounds to me like they went back to the front gate OF THEIR OWN VOLITION to confront the Cast Member who let them in.

Did the cast member at Soarin's FP machine offer you a Fastpass Key Card (which are given to guests with demagnetized cards, or in your case, people that tried to use their thumb)?

They keep the cards at most fastpass attractions (especially the most popular attractions), so 5 foot nothing women don't start foaming at the mouth and scare children and give cast members something to laugh about backstage.

Exactly. :lol: :wave:

mrerk

Premium Member
In 30+ trips I have encountered some great CM's, some good CM's, some mediocre CM's, a few just plain weird CM's but I can honestly say I have never had a rude CM.

EPCOT.nut

Funny CM - once I was shopping in MK and a CM came up to us talking like Stitch. He did a really good job and made us laugh.

cpeterstx

Did the cast member at Soarin's FP machine offer you a Fastpass Key Card (which are given to guests with demagnetized cards, or in your case, people that tried to use their thumb)?

They keep the cards at most fastpass attractions (especially the most popular attractions), so 5 foot nothing women don't start foaming at the mouth and scare children and give cast members something to laugh about backstage.

The FP CM came up to us right away. It was on her advise that we went back to the front gate. The FP ticket that spit out of the machine said something along the lines of "card not valid" or "expired". Don't remember exactly. We told her that we had just come in the park and we gave her the details. She suggested we go back to the gate to get her admission validated. That' what set her off because the CM at the gate didn't seem to care in the first place that it wasn't working and then when she got back up there, he again, didn't seem to care. Don't know if that answers your question???

And she wasn't foaming...much...

Scooter

I think that if you're going to start a thread about rude cast members then you had better add rude guests in the same thread.

I'm willing to bet that way more posts would mentiuon rude guest than rude castmembers.

I also think that some people would call a cast member "Rude" if they were simply doing their job by not allowing guests to break park rules.

I have been going to Disney World for the past 20 years and have never ever seen a castmember who was anything other than highy professional at what they did and always helpful and courteous, At the same time, I also imagine sometimes it's very difficult to be in character and always smiling and professional when on stage when rude park guests start acting up.

I give these castmembers a LOT of credit. They put up with WAY more crap that I ever could.

coasterphil

I also think that some people would call a cast member "Rude" if they were simply doing their job by not allowing guests to break park rules.

I believe that this is the reasoning behind 90% of rude CM complaints. CM's simply do as they are told to do by those above them and because the guest doesn't like the answer they get they say the CM is rude for not giving in. They could give the answer in the absolutely sweetest way imaginable, but it still doesn't matter.

joanna71985

I

That is true.

I believe that this is the reasoning behind 90% of rude CM complaints. CM's simply do as they are told to do by those above them and because the guest doesn't like the answer they get they say the CM is rude for not giving in. They could give the answer in the absolutely sweetest way imaginable, but it still doesn't matter.

Amen to that.

Guardian

:ROFLOL:Got to love those "stupid guest tricks" threads... I die laughing at some of those.

I know. I have been reading those posts at that forum. You cannot believe what the SGs do to the CMs lately. It sickens me to my stomach sometimes about what they (SGs) would do to "get ahead" over there. Guess they left their common sense at the WDW gates. Whatever you do, do not get yourself mentioned in any of that forum's posts made by current and former CMs. The comments there are not for the timid to look at.

Flower'sChild

Sadly it isn't people like you that report good cast members, it is people like the rude ones that report cast members.

One night I was trying to keep an area clear so people could have nice photos of the castle during the fireworks. Lots of people wanted this spot for their fireworks viewing location. When I politely asked them to move they were insistant that I couldn't block off that area. Two guests were so upset that they said they would report me. A couple of guests in line made lovely comments that made me smile and even said "I'll report that you were helping us."

Well as you can guess, the nice guests forgot to report me for niceness and the impatient guests did report me. So I got a chatting with by one of my managers who said he would have to report it. I politely explained that it is unfair to report something that is not on record as against the rules (keeping an area clear for firework photos) and as far as I knew was department policy. No idea what happened, all I know is that I never signed anything.

Maybe when your manager had to report you to whoever, that the people he reported you to as well as the manager himself all thought that you did the right thing, so they just let the whole thing go ? I know stuff like this has happend where I work. I don't work for Disney, but we still get rude customers. There have been times when I have seen rude customers report me, but I never got in trouble and my managers never even said anything to me about it. That tells me that my managers must have also thought that those customers where just being a pain in the butt :wave:

JeffC

Sorry to say, we've had a few.
One time while using the pager they give us when we dropped our kids off at the Poly's Neverland Club, we lost the pager. When I tried to explain, I was rudely told that these things are stolen all the time. I felt as if I was a thief and the thing was I'm a police detective and carry these things all the time. I didn't need one.
Then a year later, when we ordered a drink at the Ply bar and the female bartender got it wrong, when we told her this, she took the drink turned around and slammed it in the garbage.
And the same year, we followed several house keepers who were complaining about working and how bad the guests had left the room.
I'm sorry folks, but as much as I love Disney, they aren't the perfect place people make it out to be.

kshark

something disgusting at disney world - to me, has nothing to do w cm's - but how bout the unnormal amount of foreign butt crack i see???

JDM

(actually I get mistaken for employees of most stores I go to for some reason... I dunno why i don't think i look like I know anything...)

Most of the stores I go to have employees who don't look like they know anything.....so I understand why they may have confused you for one of them!

:lol:

cpeterstx

No, unfortunately, she didn't. The funny thing about this whole situation is that it's such a non-issue. The gatekeeper made a mistake, probably in an effort to get us through. The FP person at Soarin' may or may not have been able to fix it. We walked all the way back to the front. When you really think about it...if that's the "bad" thing that happens to you at the Happiest Place on Earth, I consider myself pretty darn lucky. BTW - I scolded my wife for being so rude. Whether the CM was right or wrong, it's my belief that you don't have to act like that to get something fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom