Disgusting! Stories

mermaid1

Yeah I go to WDW more than a dozen times a year and I spend real time there and have had no problems. I really spend time, I talk with the CMs, and smile a lot, so maybe that helps? I think if I was a CM dealing with tourists all the time maybe I would slip up ? but not to the degree described here. And nothing Disgusting.

I thought by Disgusting someone was going to tell the story where the kid peed in a ziplock again. :lol:

That is what I thought as well. The story of the family who went back to the gate after their passes did not work, and the woman gave the CM what for makes me cringe. Why is it okay for you to open up on a CM when you could have been polite about it and figured out the problem together. Why make your vacation and that CM miserable because you have a big mouth? Unbelievable. That is not a reason to berate and scream at a CM!

I prefer to remember the good CMs from my trip which far outnumber the bad and if I have come across a bad CM, I take it to City Hall and that is that. I thought this was a board for people who love Disney. Do you enjoy complaining about what a terrible thing a CM did, instead of posting pics and telling anecdotes about your great trip! I for one, will no longer participate in your (the original posters) little pity party,:( I am going to read something uplifting that will make me smile about Disney again.:)

And I am glad to see how many posted that they had great experiences with CMs. That is the rule, not the exception!

Mermaid1

cpeterstx

It has never occurred to me to use anything other than my right index finger when going through the turnstiles as that is the closest to the machine.

How was the CM to have known that she did that? A lot of times the ticket may not work because the machine is being a PIA. I have had that happen and still gotten FPs and re-entry for the whole year on my AP. I don't think the CM was at fault here....

Agree completely that it was my wife's fault for not using the same finger. However, we use the turnstiles maybe 5 to 10 times a year. The CM supervises it many, many more times than that. To not even think that this might be the problem seems like a lack of training or a lack of interest in solving the problem correctly. That was my point. Now that my wife knows to use the same finger every time, we don't have to worry about this.

cpeterstx

Actually, he probably was trying to figure out why she wasted her time coming back up to the front of the park to fix an issue that could have been solved at the FP machine.

Actually, no. It couldn't. She couldn't use the FP machine because her park ticket was not valid. Why was it not valid...because there was no valid entry to the park. Which leads us back to why we had to go back to the front gate.

joanna71985

I have never had a rude CM. I have only had great ones. I make sure to commend them, and the last time I did I got a phone call thanking me.

cococola44

Actually I went into a shop at all star music and this older lady was there and I asked her nicely "where can I develope my digital pictures" and she cut me off and was like "I dont handle that"

She was rude and nasty

I was not happy with it.

:cry:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Actually, no. It couldn't. She couldn't use the FP machine because her park ticket was not valid. Why was it not valid...because there was no valid entry to the park. Which leads us back to why we had to go back to the front gate.

Quick reality check - FP's not government controlled substance. they can literally open the machine and take one out and write "accept this -whenever- +2 cuz merf said so, contact ext 7xxx" on it and the person who accepts FPs would take it as long as they knew merf worked at the attraction, and would call the extension if need be.

Really, it was a non issue and you shouldn't have been sent back to the front of the park.

I know you were mad, and things should have gone right the first time, but someone should have stopped being at some point along the line and just fixed the problem rather then making people do crazy leg work. In fact, just giving you a pass that said "viola - you're in the FP line" for all rides would have nicely fixed that immediately for all future rides and been immediate service recovery for what was an obvious issue (and minimally detrimental to operation and there were only two of you.)

Someone should have tossed you in the FP line, called a manager, and had the new bypass ticket waiting for you when you off the ride, but life's not perfect. Instead we have a Dream Team awarding FP's for Living with the Land to teenagers at Maelstrom - as if that remotely makes sense.

Frank Stallone

Did the cast member at Soarin's FP machine offer you a Fastpass Key Card (which are given to guests with demagnetized cards, or in your case, people that tried to use their thumb)?

They keep the cards at most fastpass attractions (especially the most popular attractions), so 5 foot nothing women don't start foaming at the mouth and scare children and give cast members something to laugh about backstage.

HRT+3

We just spent six days in the parks, with some of the members of my group feeling not so great, and I have to say that the only time a cm bugged me, upon reflection, was b/c I was already bugged, and it was totally not their fault. SO many of them went out of their ways b/c just LOOKING at me they could tell I felt terrible.
Always remember this, most of the time, when someone is in a bad mood, someone MADE them that way by being ugly to them. I find most times, that even the grumpiest of people can be made to smile by simply smiling at them.

I cannot IMAGINE going through some of the things I saw some CMs at Magic Kingdom go through last week, and they still smiled.

EPCOT.nut

We just spent six days in the parks, with some of the members of my group feeling not so great, and I have to say that the only time a cm bugged me, upon reflection, was b/c I was already bugged, and it was totally not their fault. SO many of them went out of their ways b/c just LOOKING at me they could tell I felt terrible.
Always remember this, most of the time, when someone is in a bad mood, someone MADE them that way by being ugly to them. I find most times, that even the grumpiest of people can be made to smile by simply smiling at them.

I cannot IMAGINE going through some of the things I saw some CMs at Magic Kingdom go through last week, and they still smiled.

I know...someone once told me that you are responsible (in a karma sort of way) for the actions of others when it is a direct result of you treating them poorly.

I mean, like a chain-reaction type of thing...what will that person do or say to the next person.

I've wondered that a lot. I work in a doctor's office and patients can be pretty unhappy and mean....and after I deal with one really bad patient, it is hard to have the next patient walk up to me and have me start fresh! I still feel like :fork: from the last patient. :lol:

rosie.ca

you know I sometimes wonder if some of the people who think the employees are being rude are really talking to employees... I was once in a store and this guy came up asking me all these questions and I said I wish I knew how to help him but I don't work there and he called me a liar and said I was just trying to get out of working... (actually I get mistaken for employees of most stores I go to for some reason... I dunno why i don't think i look like I know anything...)

dandaman

What's with all the morbid fascination in negative experiences lately? It's like the reality television show of thread topics.

jorgetheviking

Every CM I've ever seen at WDW have been some of the most polite, and nice people on Earth. They are always willing to help and I'd like to say thanks to every CM on here for making everybody's trip to WDW as perfect as possible.

catne

I agree. These wierdos even harass Canadian newspaper writers. It's like they feel empowered - like their constant b*tching and moaning was the reason the wand was removed.

Now that the wand is gone, they need to complain about EVERYTHING.

Guess they all need a goodly sprinkling of pixie dust...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom