Dinosaur has seen better days

WoundedDreamer

Dinosaur makes me sad these days. I went on Dinosaur in 2017, and I came away absolutely stunned. I had been on it many times in the past, but that renovation in 2017 breathed new life into the attraction. The lighting, the sound, the projections, and the Dinos all were fantastic! It was catapulted to one of my favorite attractions at WDW!

I went to WDW a few months back, and I came away heartbroken. The ride was in terrible terrible shape. Maybe 3 of the Dinos were working. The majority were static and lifeless. The lighting had degraded. The effects were not timed correctly. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had on a WDW or any Disney dark ride. An absolute catastrophe.

No wonder people who ride Dinosaur these days don't appreciate it. It's an absolute disaster. I would be begging for a re-skin if I hadn't seen what it could be. So depressing.
Edit:
Just got off Dinosaur and I’m happy to report nearly everything was working including all 4 carnos. Only notable things broken were the raptor’s mouth (rest of the figure was fine) and the sauropod’s burp/roar sound effect didn’t play.

I know maintenance costs for this attraction are high and I might be coping but it would be a mistake to close this gem of a ride.

GLORIOUS NEWS! I read much of this thread but burned out right before I read your post. :banghead:🤣

cjkeating

Just got off Dinosaur and I’m happy to report nearly everything was working including all 4 carnos. Only notable things broken were the raptor’s mouth (rest of the figure was fine) and the sauropod’s burp/roar sound effect didn’t play.

I know maintenance costs for this attraction are high and I might be coping but it would be a mistake to close this gem of a ride.
I know it’s only two days later but pleased to report this remains the status of the attraction. Very weird the sauropod sound effect isn’t working… tbh I always thought the burp was some dodgy pneumatics. Haha.

Gran Fiesta

Awesome! Just in time for our trip next week. Dinosaur is one of my favorite rides and I was really not looking forward to seeing it in bad shape. So this is amazing news and now I can't wait to ride it.

cjkeating

Sauropods roar/burp was working yesterday.

Weirdly it’s still missing the hydraulic hiss that I think I have always heard which is odd as I always thought it was a “feature” as opposed to a fault.

Den Carter

It's so sad to see the attraction in the state it is. I rode the brilliant Indy at DLR yesterday and for a ride that's roughly the same age, using the exact same ride system, the difference between the current state of them both is staggering

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It's so sad to see the attraction in the state it is. I rode the brilliant Indy at DLR yesterday and for a ride that's roughly the same age, using the exact same ride system, the difference between the current state of them both is staggering
Indy just had a 4 month refurb. Dinosaur hasn't had a refurb since 2016/17

jannerUK

So JustInTime until recently the intensity wasn't there. My party all were really shook up how bumpy and jolty the ride was. I assured them that they must have increased it. Had they toned it down over the past years then?

JustInTime

So JustInTime until recently the intensity wasn't there. My party all were really shook up how bumpy and jolty the ride was. I assured them that they must have increased it. Had they toned it down over the past years then?
Yes! They toned it down years and years ago. It’s definitely cranked back up. I was so proud to see. I just hope it’s not the ride’s swan song.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom