Dinosaur has seen better days

Centauri Space Station

For us it's by far the worst attraction in all of their Disney Park. It's terribly dated, visually poor and the ride system is uncomfortable at best.

But, reach to their own I guess. I have no idea how anyone could say this is their favourite ride in all of Disney, but hey, everyone's different I guess.

Personally I think it needs knocking down and a new modern attraction putting in it's place...I think its one of the only attractions at WDW that has always been a walk on each and every time I've been to AK...which says it all.
Most rides at DCA are far worse

Brer Oswald

For us it's by far the worst attraction in all of their Disney Park. It's terribly dated, visually poor and the ride system is uncomfortable at best.

But, reach to their own I guess. I have no idea how anyone could say this is their favourite ride in all of Disney, but hey, everyone's different I guess.

Personally I think it needs knocking down and a new modern attraction putting in it's place...I think it’s one of the only attractions at WDW that has always been a walk on each and every time I've been to AK...which says it all.
Why would you knock down a ride at a park that needs a higher ride count? Even if you hate the ride, people are still going to go on it and that will bring down the wait times of the rides you do like.

Cmdr_Crimson

Why would you knock down a ride at a park that needs a higher ride count? Even if you hate the ride, people are still going to go on it and that will bring down the wait times of the rides you do like.
I remember the days if Everest or Dino was down. (Pre Pandora) AK would get pretty empty when at least on of the 2 rides weren't running...

SpectreJordan

Eh, there's no excuse for the Dinorama section. The story is fun but it's a story born out of budget cutting. There's no way this is what the Imagineers originally wanted to do when thinking of a Dinosaur land, perhaps outside of the Dinosaur ride itself which was probably in the original plans.

Epcot82Guy

I still imagine they had more ambitious plans for a Dinosaur land in general. Something that might've fit in better aesthetically with the rest of the park.

They did. It was the "dig site". It was an expanded version of the research area. The main attraction was going to be the Excavator. A wooden roller coaster that rode on the area scaffolding. It had similar pun humor to Dinoland, but it would definitely be more "realized".

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I still imagine they had more ambitious plans for a Dinosaur land in general. Something that might've fit in better aesthetically with the rest of the park.
I could've sworn there was a concept for a ride that was a fusion of the tacky Dino-Rama and the Dino Institute, like it started off as a cheap dark ride full of cement dinosaurs that eventually had "real" dinosaurs breaking in.

SpectreJordan

They did. It was the "dig site". It was an expanded version of the research area. The main attraction was going to be the Excavator. A wooden roller coaster that rode on the area scaffolding. It had similar pun humor to Dinoland, but it would definitely be more "realized".
A realistic dig site would've been awesome. The little playground we have seems nicely themed, I wish there would've been more about it.
I could've sworn there was a concept for a ride that was a fusion of the tacky Dino-Rama and the Dino Institute, like it started off as a cheap dark ride full of cement dinosaurs that eventually had "real" dinosaurs breaking in.
Maybe they've always been dead set on the cheesy element then lmao

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
From what I saw in a video from this week, it's safe to say DINOSAUR has reached or even surpassed Splash Mountain's final days condition. Even though I'm not too familiar with DINOSAUR, the damage is pretty bad. It doesn't have the "Closing in 2 months" excuse ready to go like Splash did.

DisneyFanatic12

From what I saw in a video from this week, it's safe to say DINOSAUR has reached or even surpassed Splash Mountain's final days condition. Even though I'm not too familiar with DINOSAUR, the damage is pretty bad. It doesn't have the "Closing in 2 months" excuse ready to go like Splash did.
Na, Splash Mountain had whole waterfalls pouring out of the ceiling. Dino is bad sometimes and then more fixed sometimes. But the amount of working animatronics has been slowly going down hill. And then there are issues that aren’t due to maintenance at all. The pterodactyl scene is pretty bad without the pterodactyl moving, but it is less scary. You can pretty obviously feel the time rovers “break sections” at the end of each segment block. That is likely just due to one too many time rivers being dispatched at a time.

All in all, Dinosaur deserves some love, but it is no where near what Splash Mountain was like when it closed. All the grass in the finale scene by the hut was stained yellow/brown from the hole in the ceiling that was pouring in water. The water also masked the soundtrack in the final room. It was hard to find a working animatronic, and they weren’t pretty frequently looked at like they are on Dinosaur.

Tha Realest

Not saying it’s bad but the Countdown to Extinction clock is ticking again

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Just got off Dinosaur and I’m happy to report nearly everything was working including all 4 carnos. Only notable things broken were the raptor’s mouth (rest of the figure was fine) and the sauropod’s burp/roar sound effect didn’t play.

I know maintenance costs for this attraction are high and I might be coping but it would be a mistake to close this gem of a ride.

In the Parks
No
Just got off Dinosaur and I’m happy to report nearly everything was working including all 4 carnos. Only notable things broken were the raptor’s mouth (rest of the figure was fine) and the sauropod’s burp/roar sound effect didn’t play.

I know maintenance costs for this attraction are high and I might be coping but it would be a mistake to close this gem of a ride.
Best news I've heard all day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom