Dinosaur has seen better days

DisneyCane

Sadly without Dr. Seeker saying " Whoops!" Going over his tail it's an odd quiet moment in the ride..

I never knew he was saying "whoops!" about the tail until it was gone. I had thought he was saying "whoops!" about the burp.
I've probably ridden Dinosaur 100 times and never knew you were supposed to be going over its tail!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It doesn't mean anything, but Disney Parks just released a video of a World of Avatar worker briefly talking about how she met her husband in Avatar and bonded over the Dinosaur ride.

That's the first time I've seen Disney mention the attraction in an HD video for a while... Similar to when the Muppets were riding imagination and spaceship earth.

Although this time it was just a 3 second snip.

cjkeating

Went back for some final rides on Dinosaur (hopefully just for my current trip!) and there were a few things not working… the doors at the start, green laser and weirdly the long neck dino didn’t move his neck but his mouth was chewing. Never seen that one before! I know the doors and laser are temperamental and I’ve seen them working, not working and working all in one day so I would read too much into that.

Everything else seemed in good shape animatronics and effects.

In the Parks
No
Went back for some final rides on Dinosaur (hopefully just for my current trip!) and there were a few things not working… the doors at the start, green laser and weirdly the long neck dino didn’t move his neck but his mouth was chewing. Never seen that one before! I know the doors and laser are temperamental and I’ve seen them working, not working and working all in one day so I would read too much into that.

Everything else seemed in good shape animatronics and effects.
Was the intensity "dialed up" like some have said recently?

Cmdr_Crimson

Was the intensity "dialed up" like some have said recently?
Unless it's like this...You better hold on to your Tikka Masala you ate at Yak and Yeti or you'll be Yakkin..
bumpy-ride.gif

In the Parks
No
Based on the continued vagueness of the proposals and recent repairs to the show quality I'd be amazed if Dinosaur closed before 1st October 2024... so we still have time to ride and appreciate it.
I likely won't be back until Summer 2025 at the earliest, so tears will be the chaser for my wine (a reference to another attraction I'll miss dearly).

lazyboy97o

Based on the continued vagueness of the proposals and recent repairs to the show quality I'd be amazed if Dinosaur closed before 1st October 2024... so we still have time to ride and appreciate it.
The people involved in maintenance have no role in developing new attractions.

cjkeating

The people involved in maintenance have no role in developing new attractions.
Of course, but we know when a ride has an unpublished internal closure date they let it run into the ground... Splash received minimal show maintenance for over a year and it wasn't the first ride to have this sad end.

Dinosaur was in increasing states of broken for over six months, so for many of these being fixed recently likely means it has some more time left operating at DAK.

lazyboy97o

Of course, but we know when a ride has an unpublished internal closure date they let it run into the ground... Splash received minimal show maintenance for over a year and it wasn't the first ride to have this sad end.

Dinosaur was in increasing states of broken for over six months, so for many of these being fixed recently likely means it has some more time left operating at DAK.
We don’t know because that’s not how it works. Splash being in rough shape wasn’t something new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom