DHS New "Flex" Theater

Next Big Thing

What's left if it's not SW or Pixar (which would involve toy story or Carsland rumors)? Is there something else being discussed???
Don't jump on me for saying it, but Guardians of the Galaxy.

Disney and Marvel have redone their contract of late and it's to benefit both companies. Universal will update Marvel Superhero Island with the Cinematic Universe and an Avengers ride according to what is rumored, but Disney still has the ability to use Guardians. It would be the biggest thing they have left that they could put in the park and would fit perfectly alongside Star Wars.

Monoblanco13

Disney and Marvel have redone their contract of late and it's to benefit both companies. Universal will update Marvel Superhero Island with the Cinematic Universe and an Avengers ride according to what is rumored, but Disney still has the ability to use Guardians. It would be the biggest thing they have left that they could put in the park and would fit perfectly alongside Star Wars.

Has that been finalized yet? I want real details

Rescue Ranger

Whenever it comes to Marvel style attractions, I REALLY hope when this ever does happen for Disney Parks they keep it to comic/animated style and do not use the actors portrayal of the characters. Universal did a great job with that. Imagine if the Spidy ride was based on Tobey & Dunst? No.

The liveaction movies date themselves so much where as the comic/animated style can last forever. Plus they are more immersive imo.

Next Big Thing

Whenever it comes to Marvel style attractions, I REALLY hope when this ever does happen for Disney Parks they keep it to comic/animated style and do not use the actors portrayal of the characters. Universal did a great job with that. Imagine if the Spidy ride was based on Tobey & Dunst? No.

The liveaction movies date themselves so much where as the comic/animated style can last forever. Plus they are more immersive imo.
Except Universal, should rumors stand, is changing the entire Island to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and removing Fantasic Four and X-Men).

That means bye, bye comics.

PhotoDave219

Any real information of substance to draw you to that conclusion or is this just speculation?

Kman101

Agreed. I'd love to see a GoTG ride pop up but this is a park that can't seem to even get to building Toy Story Playland. I mean, the backlot has sat untouched for 8 months, when they could have been building. I know they have their "spread out the costs over five years" plan, but really ... why is it so hard for them to pull the trigger on this park? And I don't mean putting it out of it's misery ;) lol

So if not Pixar and Star Wars though, what really is left? Guardians of the Galaxy seems likely but at the same time ... I'd just like something more than rumors. I have no faith in them to announce anything at D23.

And to be fair, Cars Land (yes I know it's Pixar, lol) would actually fit perfectly at the end of Streets of America and where the LMA stunt show is. I'd personally rather it stay California exclusive, even though I'd not object to the land here, but it simply would fit perfectly.

Can we get an elaboration on "not Pixar/Star Wars", as those spots seem clear. And is there going to be more work going on in the park (whenever that shall be ...) than we're even speculating about?

doctornick

I hate this idea. I'd rather just have a larger- time tested Star Wars area. Or Indy. Or anything. Guardians seems pretty lame- Loved the movie- would hate a themed area.

I think GotG would make a good ride, but not an entire themed area. Personally, I'd like to see a GotG ride added to Tomorrowland replacing Laugh Floor and moving Laugh Floor to DHS (in a Monstropolis min-land as part of Pixar Place).

If they were to add a GotG ride to DHS -- and there is zero indication that they are even considering this -- I'd do it as part of a larger "action" or "heroes" land with some other properties like Indiana Jones, Big Hero 6, The Incredibles, etc.

doctornick

Can we get an elaboration on "not Pixar/Star Wars", as those spots seem clear. And is there going to be more work going on in the park (whenever that shall be ...) than we're even speculating about?

Perhaps rather than idle speculation, we should go to the source and ask @marni1971 what he meant exactly. I feel like his comment was off-hand and not really indicative of specific knowledge of what the SoA space will be used for in the future, but would love it if he could enlighten us.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Perhaps rather than idle speculation, we should go to the source and ask @marni1971 what he meant exactly. I feel like his comment was off-hand and not really indicative of specific knowledge of what the SoA space will be used for in the future, but would love it if he could enlighten us.
Last I heard SW wouldn't use Muppetvision or further. Pixar wouldn't go beyond LMA.

Progress.City

Did you just say that they've "updated their contract"? Hey, folks, that's what I've been saying would happen! I hate to say it, but I was right!

Before I go to gloat in this, I want to see it for myself first. Where did you read this? Links, please!

Progress.City

Last I heard SW wouldn't use Muppetvision or further. Pixar wouldn't go beyond LMA.
You are the man! Is it okay for me to ask what your relationship is to your sources? Friends? Family? Other?

Also, I am coming to Europe in December. London and Paris are in the plans definitely. Can you advise me on things I must see and cool transit systems I must ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom