DHS CARS LAND

spacemt354

Chili's
Does merchandising success necessarily mean attraction success/failure?

(Aside: Cars 2 was #89 on the list of top 100)

That's the question that has been driving this discussion. And the answer is no, merchandise does not mean attraction success or failure.Haunted Mansion doesn't even have a giftshop after the ride, yet it's still one of the most popular attractions in Disney.

A popular brand such as Cars can only draw people's attention to a new attraction. If the attraction isn't a success, that had nothing to do with the brand itself, it had to do with the experience on the ride. Compare Toy Story Land in Paris to Toy Story Mania. Same franchise, two very different experiences, one being much better than the other. But in both areas, they sell the same franchise merchandise. There are numerous examples and I could go on and on, but it seems like some are set in their views and I'm not going to change them, so there isn't much sense in trying.

Andy Whitfield

Can't we talk about the Car's themed toilets?

On a more serious note it better not just be an "E" ticket. i want substance. And Merchandise. And a couple of benches.

spacemt354

Chili's
Is this another Avatar thread now? Don't we have 3 or 4 of those already. Unless Avatar is replacing Cars or Star Wars in DHS I don't see how it's relevant to this thread.

I agree. I'm at fault for continuing that trend as well. All this anticipation/anxiety about Avatar I guess it somehow comes up in every thread nowasdays. D23 can't come soon enough

spacemt354

Chili's
It was answered - they are related, but one does not dictate the other explictly. That is the answer.. that it's not 'either/or' but that they are related.

Alright. It's your answer. Doesn't mean it's the wrong answer because I don't agree with it, but it's off topic so let's just drop it or open up another thread regarding merchandise.

MattM

It was answered - they are related, but one does not dictate the other explictly. That is the answer.. that it's not 'either/or' but that they are related.

So then we really don't know if avatar, as a brand, will be a successful theme park experience, and there's really no concrete evidence one way or the other? (not just directed to you)

PeterAlt

Park structure construction already started last week. Park infrastructure construction is mostly completed, with on-site administration buildings completed earlier this spring.

Here's a photo taken last week of Chinese workers putting up the first structural steel for the Shanghai Disneyland Castle.
bb29bb35-9785-475a-ac06-c79fe0980074.jpg
Oh, look! They're burying monorail footers! Cool deal!

Wikkler

and some don't agree with me on this but redo the great movie ride with DISNEY movies - would be more entertaining to families with kids - I know the older movies are great, but they just don't have a draw or entertainment factor for kids

Disney's Disney Studios
Where the Disney comes to Disney's Disney Studios at Disney!

Cosmic Commando

True.

But neither Star Wars or Cars can compare to the merchandise sales and huge pop-culture impact of Avatar. Oh, wait...

Can someone please tell me which aisle the Avatar toys and books and clothing and bedroom sheet sets and school supplies are on? :cool:

Those things might have existed in 2009, but now they're at the great discount outlet in the sky. Even then, there isn't shelf space for Avatar stuff... but if you ask, they can get it for you from the back. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom