1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Dapper Day special offerings at the Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, Apr 21, 2017.

1. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

2. dan8302

dan8302 Member

For not being an official event, they sure are finding a few ways to make an extra buck off of it.

Wow that sounds really snarky. I just find it amusing how much extra is going into something that isn't official.

bee, ItlngrlBella and larryz like this.
  3. aladdin2007

aladdin2007 Well-Known Member

yeah I dont get this at all, its not official? yet they are doing it. sounds like just an excuse for merch and food push, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

bee, willtravel and TheOrangeBird01 like this.
  4. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

WDW is trying to make a buck off the Dapper Day people who are going to be there anyway. Makes perfect sense, and surprising it took so long.

5. rob0519

rob0519 Well-Known Member

So people will dress "dapper" in the park? Men in trousers and ties? Women in dresses and 3 in. heels? Sounds like a plan. Kind of like casual Friday in reverse.

ItlngrlBella likes this.
  6. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

Some people are totally into this. For me, nothing could be worse than having to "dress up" for a Disney park visit.

bee, maroonmol, Smiley/OCD and 3 others like this.
  7. JillC LI

JillC LI Well-Known Member

A picnic could be fun though.

Tiggerish and dan8302 like this.
  8. Bolt

Bolt Well-Known Member

Tomorrow's high is 92 - be smart people!

bee likes this.
  9. RobidaFlats

RobidaFlats Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is still a week before the event ;)

10. Bolt

Bolt Well-Known Member

Point taken - high for that Saturday is only a cool 91

bee, maroonmol, Rteetz and 2 others like this.
  11. Jon81uk

Jon81uk Well-Known Member

In the same way that Gay Days are unofficial but suddenly they have a lot of rainbow cupcakes on sale that day

rioriz likes this.
  12. dan8302

dan8302 Member

Their is a part of me that sometimes forgets that even with all of the magic, Disney is first and foremost a business.

13. BernardandBianca

BernardandBianca Well-Known Member

We've been there for Dapper Days in the past (by accident, didn't even know what they were), and it is a lot of fun to watch the participants stroll through the park in their outfits. Kinda reminds us of growing up - though we never went to any Disney Park until we were adults. I'm talking about the way people used to dress. (And yes, we are life experienced sufficient to have partaken in real time back then.)

Tiggerish likes this.
  14. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

TOMMAROWLAND TERRACE? O-o

15. prfctlyximprct

prfctlyximprct Well-Known Member

Dapper day gave me a panic attack. I got hit with a cane, and prodded with someone's parasol. I felt like I had died and woken up in 1920. Power to the people who can pull it off!

bee likes this.
  16. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

I have to work on Saturday at MK on the 29th so I'll be attending Epcot on Sunday the 30th instead. It will be my third Dapper Day. (I missed last November because of work.) It's so much fun! It's not about any specific period, though a lot of people gear towards a 40's/50's look, it's about "stepping out in style" in whatever form that is for you. A lot of people use the day to celebrate their love of Disney AND fashion and do special Dapper Disneybounds. (We were the inspiration for the new Dress Shop in Disney Springs.)

It's more social event vs typical day in the parks. It's about seeing and being seen. Taking photos with people. Talking about lovely outfits, fashions, hairstyles, etc, It's about being creative and making a point to dress up and look good instead of the normal flip flops and tank tops that fill the park these days. Once upon a time, going to Disneyland was an event. You wore your Sunday best. It's nice to take a day or two each year to embrace that ideal again.

dapper-day16b.jpg

bee, maroonmol, sxeensweet and 4 others like this.
  17. FigmentForver96

FigmentForver96 Well-Known Member

Love dapper day and hate I'm missing it this year. I'm doing a male dapper cruella de vil for Halloween so I'll get to experience some dapper in my life either way.

18. surfsupdon

surfsupdon Well-Known Member

IMG_0273.JPG I have never been for the official event, but we often dress dapper for a night or two because it really is fun. I just wish Disney sold dapper male clothes, Ike they have the new dapper dresses.

castlecake2.0, bee, maroonmol and 3 others like this.
  19. Otterhead

Otterhead Well-Known Member

It's really cool, a lot of people go for period attire, classy three-piece suits, canes, top hats, bow ties, the whole shebang. After the usual sea of t-shirts, seeing women with parasols and men looking super dapper is a real treat. That said, as someone who's done the parks in a suit a few times, it gets hot!