Dapper Day special offerings at the Magic Kingdom

aladdin2007

For not being an official event, they sure are finding a few ways to make an extra buck off of it.

Wow that sounds really snarky. I just find it amusing how much extra is going into something that isn't official.

yeah I dont get this at all, its not official? yet they are doing it. sounds like just an excuse for merch and food push, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

rob0519

So people will dress "dapper" in the park? Men in trousers and ties? Women in dresses and 3 in. heels? Sounds like a plan. Kind of like casual Friday in reverse.

Jon81uk

For not being an official event, they sure are finding a few ways to make an extra buck off of it.

Wow that sounds really snarky. I just find it amusing how much extra is going into something that isn't official.

In the same way that Gay Days are unofficial but suddenly they have a lot of rainbow cupcakes on sale that day

BernardandBianca

We've been there for Dapper Days in the past (by accident, didn't even know what they were), and it is a lot of fun to watch the participants stroll through the park in their outfits. Kinda reminds us of growing up - though we never went to any Disney Park until we were adults. I'm talking about the way people used to dress. (And yes, we are life experienced sufficient to have partaken in real time back then.)

prfctlyximprct

Dapper day gave me a panic attack. I got hit with a cane, and prodded with someone's parasol. I felt like I had died and woken up in 1920. Power to the people who can pull it off!

MissM

I have to work on Saturday at MK on the 29th so I'll be attending Epcot on Sunday the 30th instead. It will be my third Dapper Day. (I missed last November because of work.) It's so much fun! It's not about any specific period, though a lot of people gear towards a 40's/50's look, it's about "stepping out in style" in whatever form that is for you. A lot of people use the day to celebrate their love of Disney AND fashion and do special Dapper Disneybounds. (We were the inspiration for the new Dress Shop in Disney Springs.)

It's more social event vs typical day in the parks. It's about seeing and being seen. Taking photos with people. Talking about lovely outfits, fashions, hairstyles, etc, It's about being creative and making a point to dress up and look good instead of the normal flip flops and tank tops that fill the park these days. Once upon a time, going to Disneyland was an event. You wore your Sunday best. It's nice to take a day or two each year to embrace that ideal again.

dapper-day16b.jpg

Otterhead

So people will dress "dapper" in the park? Men in trousers and ties?
It's really cool, a lot of people go for period attire, classy three-piece suits, canes, top hats, bow ties, the whole shebang. After the usual sea of t-shirts, seeing women with parasols and men looking super dapper is a real treat. That said, as someone who's done the parks in a suit a few times, it gets hot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom