Dangerous rides?

Gojira ゴジラ

Mission:Space Orange is the worst ever.

Let me share my horrid experience with the ride.
I ride everything that Disney and Universal could offer no problem. ToT? Easy. California Screaming? Cake. Hulk and Dueling Dragons? No problem. But Mission:Space Orange pill is a beast of its own. I first took the green one, no problem at all. The following day I took the orange pill, wrong move buddy!

During the ride, I almost passed out. I got cold sweats all over my body. After the ride, I couldn't walk straight and I felt so nauseated that I had to sit for a good 2 hours. After I felt better we went back to our hotel. That day I was pretty much knocked down and was on bed until the next morning.

The following day I had one of the worst migraine. It was unbearable that I thought my head was about to explode. I couldn't eat and I couldn't walk. I had nausea everytime I ate. My wife was worried like heck, so she called a doctor and he came an hour later. He did some quick tests and found no neurological finding. He told me I was not his first patient got knocked down by the ride :)

The third day, I felt so much better but still nauseated. Later that afternoon we went to Epcot to have a dinner. After that I decided to rest some more because I still felt weird.

I gradually felt better day by day but even after we left Disney, I still have not fully recovered. It took me about 2 weeks to completely shake it off and back to the groove.

But yeah.. never in my life I'd ride Mission Space again.

rufio

I ride everything that Disney and Universal offer no problem. ToT? Easy. California Screaming? Cake. But Mission:Space Orange pill is a beast of its own. I first took the green one, no problem at all. The following day I took the orange pill, wrong move buddy!

During the ride, I almost passed out. I got cold sweats all over my body. After the ride, I couldn't walk straight and I felt so nauseated that I had to sit for a good 2 hours. After I felt better we went back to our hotel. That day I was pretty much knocked down and was on bed until the next morning.

The following day I had one of the worst migraine. It was unbearable that I thought my head was about to explode. I couldn't eat and I couldn't walk. I had nausea everytime I ate. My wife was worried like heck, so she called a doctor and he came an hour later. He did some quick tests and found no neurological finding. He told me I was not his first patient got knocked down by the ride :)

The third day, I felt so much better but still nauseated. Later that afternoon we went to Epcot to have a dinner. After that I decided to rest some more because I still felt weird.

I gradually felt better day by day but even after we left Disney, I still have not fully recovered. It took me about 2 weeks to completely shake it off and back to the groove.

Wow, that sucks! I can't do simulators, they make me sick, but I've never had that kind of reaction.

ellie-badge

I ride everything that Disney and Universal offer no problem. ToT? Easy. California Screaming? Cake. But Mission:Space Orange pill is a beast of its own. I first took the green one, no problem at all. The following day I took the orange pill, wrong move buddy!

This... is precisely why I will never ride Mission: Space. The same thing happened to my older sister and her husband, and they're both thrill ride junkies.

olinecoach61

I think mission space and space mountain are both worse than rockin roller. Rockin roller you are locked in pretty good with those big pads, space mountain your snapping left and right and can't see where your going. Mission space made me feel like I couldn't breathe and my chest was going to explode, no thanks!

Parrain

I rode MS Orange a few years ago and was nauseated for 20 minutes or so... Kind of like I felt as a kid when I would ride inside the big spinning barrel at Astroworld (old, ain't I!). The barrel would spin so fast that you would be pinned to the wall, then the bottom would drop out from under you! Fun, but lots of folks lost their lunch there. I work in safety, and I recall reviewing theme park accidents some years back, to add some color to a safety meeting. As I recall, the trend I spotted was not in the "thrill" rides, but in the most innocent looking things. I believe the injury numbers were higher for Tea Cups type rides than anything else! Makes sense, Grandma gets off, she is dizzy and falls. I tied this in with how we take extra precautions on jobs that we know are dangerous, but overlook the simple everyday hazards that cause most injuries. If you are interested in seeing some real data on theme park injuries, try this website: http://www.rideaccidents.com/

Pooh Lover

I remember my husband refusing to ride ToT for many years and then finally deciding to ride one year to get a fearful relative to ride with him. He LOVED it so much he now regrets all the years he missed out. That is my advice to you. Try the ride and then decide if you like it or not and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will not fall out and it may just end up being your favorite ride EVER! Don't go another vacation not riding some of the best things at WDW! Get past the fear, enjoy and have fun!

righttrack

I always feel like I'm going to be decapitated. :confused:
If you've ever had the pleasure (or displeasure) of riding it lights on, you'll see how that won't happen. You'll also see that it really is a "kiddie coaster" and the fear of the unknown (being in the dark) is what makes the ride thrilling.

plaz10

The thing that got me on Rock n Roller Coaster was the fact that it is totally in the dark. You don't see what's coming and you don't feel "upside down". Plus you're under shoulder restraints so it's very safe.

Everything at Disney is safe. Splash Mountain is a very smooth ride. Most of the ride is just floating along the waterway. The drop is not bad at all. Space mountain jerks you around and unexpectedly drops you around - you know when the Splash drop is coming.

If you can handle ToT - you can definitely do Splash

JillC LI

There are 3 rides at Disney World I will not get on. Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest and Rockin Roller Coster. My ride rule is no steep drops and nothing that goes upside down, however I love tower of terror. Or I have a love/hate relationship with it. I'm terrified of it, have a panic attack every time, but I come off laughing. I realized my problem with those other rides isn't the drops, but that the drops are "open". ToT is enclosed, which I think is why I'm ok with it.

I'd really like to ride SM and EE, but my mind can't get past the idea of falling out mid ride or mid fall. So I guess my question is, has this ever been know to happen?

I am a chicken as well, but I think that RnRC has a very enclosed feeling as well, between the shoulder harness, the darkness, and the lack of big "drops" (although there are corkscrew type inversions, I don't feel them as much as I feel drops - I don't like E:E for that reason).

twinnstar

There are 3 rides at Disney World I will not get on. Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest and Rockin Roller Coster. My ride rule is no steep drops and nothing that goes upside down, however I love tower of terror.

This is hysterical - i am the polar opposite of you! I love Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest and RnRC! I HATE ToT!!! I always get dragged on it, but it scares me SO MUCH, i almost cry everytime i go on it and when i get off I feel like im going to vomit for the next 2 hours...

Funny though, in TDL, ToT was actually not scary at all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom