D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Indy_UK

I think the guaranteed seating for the evening events is a hook and people will probably rather pay than wait hours in line for the hope of getting in. Shame that some will just sell the tickets on for a massive markup.

Im at 80% now

vikescaper

I think the guaranteed seating for the evening events is a hook and people will probably rather pay than wait hours in line for the hope of getting in. Shame that some will just sell the tickets on for a massive markup.

Im at 80% now
Of the remaining ticket types, which one are you aiming for?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband just got our 3 day pass a half hour ago. When the information came out about the Honda center we had already decided the big panels were not for us so we are happy with the three day at the convention center. Now we have to look into flights. Already have our hotel, just need to decide on which of the three I have booked.

BrianLo

Huzzah, got the 3 Sunday tickets we wanted. Not bothered by the Legends ceremony.

Probably the worst experience ever in getting event tickets but at least we got there.

Now just need to read up on how Will Call works for International visitors.

I have had a very smooth and good experience with Will Call the past two events, so don't be stressed about that at all. It feels like it is going to be sketchy, but it isn't. The other issue at past events was you needed the badge to register for the Stage Pass (fast pass thing) in advance - which is mailed to Americans the month or so before. No idea if they'll have that for other included panels this year, but if they do, you do not need your physical badges for that. And it has always worked fine on my end.

etc98

I don’t know why I was under the impression they were holding tickets back to offer for the general public tomorrow, not just a “oh if there’s any left after the presales you’ll maybe be able to pick up the scraps.”

If I’d known that I would have shelled out for the gold membership to get my chance for tickets yesterday.

Salted Nut Roll

Holy Moly, that was intense! Four hours in line, and I had to keep my phone glued to me all the time while working, which I never feel good about doing. WHY did they decide to do this in the middle of the day on a weekday?! Who green-lit this plan?! I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been able to step out and make my transaction when my turn came up. Would have had to get back in line and then be out of luck.

But! I got two 3-day fan passes for me and my friend! At least I'm pretty sure I did? It was a little weird, because the notification popped up while I was in line that 3-day fan passes were sold out, but they weren't listed as sold out yet on the website. I stayed the course, thinking at least I could get a day pass. When my turn came up, though, it let me buy two 3-day fan passes, and I got the confirmation email, so I should be good to go, right? I'm paranoid that I'll get an email later saying they accidentally oversold and they're cancelling my order!

The whole thing was brutal. I can't believe how fast everything sold out. I agree with you @etc98 , I thought there would still be a pool of tickets for general members. This feels like they're making you buy the gold membership or get their Visa card in order to get a chance to go, without them outright having to say so. Now those who didn't qualify for the presale are pretty much out of luck, as the only tickets left are the $1,000 tickets and Friday and Sunday. It never used to be like this, and it's a bummer that people can no longer just decide a couple of days before to go and check out the Expo. I think a lot of it is people who go just to buy up the merchandise to resell, which makes it really hard for people who actually want to experience the event and have fun to get tickets. But I don't see any way around that, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Holy Moly, that was intense! Four hours in line, and I had to keep my phone glued to me all the time while working, which I never feel good about doing. WHY did they decide to do this in the middle of the day on a weekday?! Who green-lit this plan?! I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been able to step out and make my transaction when my turn came up. Would have had to get back in line and then be out of luck.

But! I got two 3-day fan passes for me and my friend! At least I'm pretty sure I did? It was a little weird, because the notification popped up while I was in line that 3-day fan passes were sold out, but they weren't listed as sold out yet on the website. I stayed the course, thinking at least I could get a day pass. When my turn came up, though, it let me buy two 3-day fan passes, and I got the confirmation email, so I should be good to go, right? I'm paranoid that I'll get an email later saying they accidentally oversold and they're cancelling my order!

The whole thing was brutal. I can't believe how fast everything sold out. I agree with you @etc98 , I thought there would still be a pool of tickets for general members. This feels like they're making you buy the gold membership or get their Visa card in order to get a chance to go, without them outright having to say so. Now those who didn't qualify for the presale are pretty much out of luck, as the only tickets left are the $1,000 tickets and Friday and Sunday. It never used to be like this, and it's a bummer that people can no longer just decide a couple of days before to go and check out the Expo. I think a lot of it is people who go just to buy up the merchandise to resell, which makes it really hard for people who actually want to experience the event and have fun to get tickets. But I don't see any way around that, unfortunately.
If you got a confirmation email you should be good also yes the way they have distributed tickets has been sketchy. I figured as much and that’s why I got the gold I’m also already a Visa cardholder. Thought they would have held stuff back for tomorrow. It’s my first D23 so I hope I’m able to get some merch.

BrianLo

Wow, this definitely was not how I expected sales to go either. I thought they'd hold seats back in tranches, but it sounds like they nearly burned through the Honda Center on the first day. It seems like there was mostly success here, but a lot of complaining on Facebook/reddit about non-success.

2019 I didn't even buy tickets until they had been open sales for a while. I felt a bit dumb because Saturday was sold out. Gold members merely had a line advantage for the keynote. I got in fine in standby.

2022 You couldn't get in without a stage pass. There was no standby.

2024 you couldn't get in without a gold membership. :oops:

Surferboy567

Wow, this definitely was not how I expected sales to go either. I thought they'd hold seats back in tranches, but it sounds like they nearly burned through the Honda Center on the first day. It seems like there was mostly success here, but a lot of complaining on Facebook/reddit about non-success.

2019 I didn't even buy tickets until they had been open sales for a while. I felt a bit dumb because Saturday was sold out. Gold members merely had a line advantage for the keynote. I got in fine in standby.

2022 You couldn't get in without a stage pass. There was no standby.

2024 you couldn't get in without a gold membership. :oops:
I have to say, and I haven’t been to D23 before but I’m happy everything is in the Honda Center like the expanded venue and certainty of seating.

vikescaper

I do feel bad those who have missed out on the ultimate fan pass as I know very well that could have been me. Having been to a couple of Star Wars Celebrations, I was shocked to learn that D23 doesn’t offer live streaming of the main panels in the small panel rooms. Star Wars Celebration does that and it is a nice alternative if you can’t make it into the main room. I know this year’s D23 is different since the panels are in the evening but it would be nice if they would consider it.

The main panels for Star Wars Celebration 2019 were held in an arena and it was a good experience. I was disappointed when we went to D23 in 2022 and found out that the main panels weren’t held in an arena. Since the Honda Center has stadium seating, it will be nice not having to worry about blocking your view, unless you have floor seats.

Surferboy567

I do feel bad those who have missed out on the ultimate fan pass as I know very well that could have been me.

The main panels for Star Wars Celebration 2019 were held in an arena and it was a good experience. I was disappointed when we went to D23 in 2022 and found out that the main panels weren’t held in an arena. Since the Honda Center has stadium seating, it will be nice not having to worry about blocking your view, unless you have floor seats.
Same, I also know it could have just as easily been me as well. It’s nice though to have that reserved seating. Live streaming is nice for the panels and is something I’ve taken advantage of in the past years. It is nice though to have stuff for those who attended.

Surferboy567

Just bought a 2 day ticket park hopper to Disneyland with genie + to attend D23 at Disneyland day.

EDIT: Just added a second day

Last edited:
I do feel bad those who have missed out on the ultimate fan pass as I know very well that could have been me. Having been to a couple of Star Wars Celebrations, I was shocked to learn that D23 doesn’t offer live streaming of the main panels in the small panel rooms. Star Wars Celebration does that and it is a nice alternative if you can’t make it into the main room. I know this year’s D23 is different since the panels are in the evening but it would be nice if they would consider it.

I just wonder when SWC comes back to Anaheim if they are going to do the same this and D23.

Salted Nut Roll

Aaaand looks like Friday just sold out. I was still hoping for the people trying to get in that Disney had saved more tickets for toda, but nope. I wonder how many people are in line today who won't get tickets. And how many are going to end up buying the $999 tickets even if they don't want the preferred seating simply because that's all they can get.

In other news, people are already selling tickets for triple what they're worth on StubHub. I hate ticket-scalping (and merch scalping) so much. I respect that everyone wants to make money. But could people please just find a way that DOESN'T involve massively screwing over other people?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom