D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Surferboy567

Does anybody know if it is possible to check which seats you purchased? I obviously know how much I spent but everything was happening so fast that I can’t remember if the seats are together or not.
Yes, your confirmation email will take you to a website. Fun fact, the website is the same vendor that does Comic Con

BrianLo

I don’t judge you at all, it’s your money - I just can’t believe the prices they are charging. I hope it’s worth it ❤️

Ya, it is about 275 per day that I am paying for each Honda event. Certainly on the expensive retail/concert end of things. The nosebleeds I'd actually qualify as a rather generously priced from Disney. I also think the 800 per day was a bit obscene.

Outside of being nice seats - I am grateful for the saved 12+ hours of concrete floor sitting and no longer having to cross my fingers for the lottery.

Surferboy567

So…the real question is it worth buying a ticket to Disneyland?

I’m not sure how long the con lasts and if I’ll have anytime. I’m planning on going to D23 Day though.

BrianLo

Yes, your confirmation email will take you to a website. Fun fact, the website is the same vendor that does Comic Con

Do you know if there is an actual seat map? I have my seat number but also only half know where it actually is as well. 😂

Would be nice to see exactly how far it is back to have expectations managed.

BrianLo

So…the real question is it worth buying a ticket to Disneyland?

I’m not sure how long the con lasts and if I’ll have anytime. I’m planning on going to D23 Day though.

I think the pre-event is a total skip. I am doing a six day stay though so usually do Disneyland post-event. I actually find it tends to be slower after the weekend, though this is earlier in August this year. I liked September better.

They historically provide discounted park tickets for attendees, so worth waiting for to see.

Surferboy567

I think the pre-event is a total skip. I am doing a six day stay though so usually do Disneyland post-event. I actually find it tends to be slower after the weekend, though this is earlier in August this year. I liked September better.

They historically provide discounted park tickets for attendees, so worth waiting for to see.
The thing is I’m flying out on Monday morning

vikescaper

Ya, it is about 275 per day that I am paying for each Honda event. Certainly on the expensive retail/concert end of things. The nosebleeds I'd actually qualify as a rather generously priced from Disney. I also think the 800 per day was a bit obscene.

Outside of being nice seats - I am grateful for the saved 12+ hours of concrete floor sitting and no longer having to cross my fingers for the lottery.
My sister and I have done the 2017 and 2019 Star Wars Celebration and the 2022 D23 Expo and didn’t know if we would be able to make it in for the main panels. We both love the fact that we already have seats reserved for the evening panels and will actually get to use the hotel we have paid for! While waiting in the standby queues was fun and met some awesome people, I am really looking forward to this!

BrianLo

My sister and I have done the 2017 and 2019 Star Wars Celebration and the 2022 D23 Expo and didn’t know if we would be able to make it in for the main panels. We both love the fact that we already have seats reserved for the evening panels and will actually get to use the hotel we have paid for! While waiting in the standby queues was fun and met some awesome people, I am really looking forward to this!

In all likelihood your seat mate neighbours will remain the same over the three days, so that's also some of the camaraderie not lost.

I am dishing out more, but already this years event feels 100x less stressful and more organized. It was a really positive change - and yes- Disney is making more money. I do also get the impression they need to up the production quality of the keynotes and intend to.

disneylandtour

The actual pricing arrangement certainly could've been a little more clear. Like a concert, it depends on how close to the stage you are, with many, many different price points. You could buy a ticket for one day and the HC for $100 or you could buy a ticket for four times that, depending on where you wanted to sit in the evening.

disneylandtour

In all likelihood your seat mate neighbours will remain the same over the three days, so that's also some of the camaraderie not lost.

I am dishing out more, but already this years event feels 100x less stressful and more organized. It was a really positive change - and yes- Disney is making more money. I do also get the impression they need to up the production quality of the keynotes and intend to.
For these prices, the evening events need to be something like a broadway show. It simply can't be two people letting us know what will be in theaters soon and offering five minute bios for some "legends," about 70% of whom have hardly anything to do with Disney. I'm looking at you, James Brooks and Jamie Lee Curtis.

BrianLo

For these prices, the evening events need to be something like a broadway show. It simply can't be two people letting us know what will be in theaters soon and offering five minute bios for some "legends," about 70% of whom have hardly anything to do with Disney. I'm looking at you, James Brooks and Jamie Lee Curtis.

The movie panel I have no doubt will justify its pricing. It is exclusive access forward looking 18 months. It is also the entirety of Studios, which to me will be a very long keynote. It is also celeb and creator 'access', generally fairly major ones. I would keep in mind some people are paying 20$ for those nose bleed seats and will walk out with 20+ dollars in random posters and merchandise. Hardly a difficult trade off.

The parks keynotes do often have some musical numbers. But are often brief 90 minute run times. Run time will be an issue if they don't plump it up. They are also not really celebrity laden and quite viewable at home.

The legends panel was the one D23 highlighted as being plussed. Which I suspect since the Disney on broadway panel isn't in Hall D23 mean its production values will increase most dramatically.

I actually weirdly think the parks panel is the least *worthwhile* of the lot. So it sure as heck better be an exciting one.

Surferboy567

The movie panel I have no doubt will justify its pricing. It is exclusive access forward looking 18 months. It is also the entirety of Studios, which to me will be a very long keynote. It is also celeb and creator 'access', generally fairly major ones. I would keep in mind some people are paying 20$ for those nose bleed seats and will walk out with 20+ dollars in random posters and merchandise. Hardly a difficult trade off.

The parks keynotes do often have some musical numbers. But are often brief 90 minute run times. Run time will be an issue if they don't plump it up. They are also not really celebrity laden and quite viewable at home.

The legends panel was the one D23 highlighted as being plussed. Which I suspect since the Disney on broadway panel isn't in Hall D23 mean its production values will increase most dramatically.

I actually weirdly think the parks panel is the least *worthwhile* of the lot. So it sure as heck better be an exciting one.
Remember it’s not just parks gaming is roped in as well as any other “experience”.

Personally, I’m a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and would be extremely excited to see it and I believe it’s very likely.

Jedi14

Remember it’s not just parks gaming is roped in as well as any other “experience”.

Personally, I’m a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and would be extremely excited to see it and I believe it’s very likely.
My brother and I were thinking that Kingdom Hearts will be at D23 and we’ve been trying to think of what else they will show. Maybe some Marvel games or updates on some Gameloft games.

Surferboy567

My brother and I were thinking that Kingdom Hearts will be at D23 and we’ve been trying to think of what else they will show. Maybe some Marvel games or updates on some Gameloft games.
The epic games thing definitely. I‘m almost sure kingdom hearts will be there with a massive world reveal (last time it was toy box).

vikescaper

I thought so but I believe I was incorrect. I thought it was going to be open for all D23 gold members but this reads as if they need to have a Visa card:

D23 Gold and General Members who are also Visa cardholders—and who pay with their Visa—will have pre-sale access to a limited number of 1-day and 3-day tickets for a limited time, while supplies last, beginning March 27, 2024, at 12 p.m. PT.

Last edited:

Salted Nut Roll

^Correct. Tomorrow is Visa day, so you have to have and pay with your Disney Visa card. So tomorrow I get to go into battle. Reading how today went, I'm frankly terrified O.O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom