News D23 Expo 2017

TDL

I don't know if Pixar is a small part of Disney, the films have made 4.6 billion in the US alone. I guess for Disney that's small
I'm not saying Pixar isn't a decent chunk of Disney at this point. Or that the movies aren't great. I love a lot of them. In fact I am happy Ratatouille is getting a ride because that's one of my favs and the property is otherwise not being represented in the parks. But Disney at the same time continues to segregate them themselves. Toy Story Land, Pixar Pier, Carsland...not a single one of Disney Animation's properties get this kind of treatment. And that's a bit weird to me. The closest thing is the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid "areas" that were part of the Fantasyland Expansion. But those don't really compare with entire themed lands.

Why are the Pixar properties so special to get 3 whole lands across the parks dedicated to them? That just seems odd to me.

Additionally, I feel like there are a large amount of attractions for Toy Story and Nemo specifically across the parks. While many popular Disney properties like Aladdin, BatB, Mulan, Hercules, Hunchback, Rescuers, Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, and others either have no attractions or just barely one...and certainly no D and E ticket style rides like the Pixar properties are getting.

This is where the "overload" comes from for me. Spread the love around, not just in Pixar's direction. And not just primarily at 3-4 properties from Pixar too.

Cousin Huet

This is for sure an odd thing to do to me. I love the Mickey on the wheel......looking at it not riding it. I have a feeling that he will soon be replaced by Woody's face now. I think they need to get away from these restrictive "lands" and keep the themes more open. I know that certain things can go that route....Potter, Star Wars but it isn't needed for EVERY land or new area. They need to keep the themes more broad and incorporate the attractions into those whether it is using established IP or unique and newly developed IP.

SirLink

This is for sure an odd thing to do to me. I love the Mickey on the wheel......looking at it not riding it. I have a feeling that he will soon be replaced by Woody's face now. I think they need to get away from these restrictive "lands" and keep the themes more open. I know that certain things can go that route....Potter, Star Wars but it isn't needed for EVERY land or new area. They need to keep the themes more broad and incorporate the attractions into those whether it is using established IP or unique and newly developed IP.

If anything it most likely will be the Pixar ball. On that note I reckon California Screamin' will have an 'infinity and beyond' naming convention.

Walter Elias Disney

Disneyland will be hosting the Pixar Play Parade and evening fireworks/projections based on Pixar! It appears that there will be overlays on all stores/games/rides themed to Pixar on the Pier.

Bairstow

If anything it most likely will be the Pixar ball. On that note I reckon California Screamin' will have an 'infinity and beyond' naming convention.

How about, "Two-Thousand Yard Dash"?

film-the_incredibles-dash.jpg

Mike S

Nothing I can talk about until it's officially revealed.
No rush. It looks horrible.
Disneyland will be hosting the Pixar Play Parade and evening fireworks/projections based on Pixar! It appears that there will be overlays on all stores/games/rides themed to Pixar on the Pier.
Why does it seem like Pixar is a spreading virus at DLR? When is enough enough for the size of the resort?

Kman101

No rush. It looks horrible.

Why does it seem like Pixar is a spreading virus at DLR? When is enough enough for the size of the resort?

Pixar Pier looks ... I really don't have the words. It's lame to me they're going to slap up some billboards featuring Pixar characters but I guess it's no better than billboards featuring the Fab Five and other characters. But they should have released more details about it. It's hard to decipher if they're going to re-do all the rides with overlays if all the pier is going to get a bit of a cosmetic update like what they showed in the concept art ... I guess they want to make up for probably losing Bugs/Monsters but still ... it's clear they realized they didn't have a place so they saw the Pier as the option to go with. It's almost like they realized they had next to nothing to announce for Disneyland so they threw that out there and talked about parades, which all could have been done in a blog post. And it seems silly for "Pixar Fest" (I know the idea is to spread it to both parks but let's be real, Pixar is in DCA) to feature fireworks and Pixar Play Parade at Disneyland. Unfortunately now the Disneylander's know how WDWer's felt for years getting lackluster announcements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom