News D23 Expo 2017

KCheatle

WDW fans waiting for the D23 Parks and Resorts either in two ways

Excitement
2d5.gif

or anxious and worry
jzc9UkS.gif

Which side are you guys on?
I would say I'm an equal combo of both: optimistic but trying to keep my optimism controlled...

Winter

So I havn't been watching or following this because I have other stuff to do today, but can anyone tell me what has been confirmed and/or shown so far?

Captain Neo

The reason for that is at the time it was felt Disneyland needed to have something of interest to excite current Park goers.
The Disney Company, particularly in the early 80s, was not the powerhouse it is today as far as contemporary cultural impact.
It was looked upon as old fashioned, and something only little kids and crusty old folks could enjoy.
There was a gap there in the entertainment offerings - very little appealed to the older kids, teens, and young adults and it was felt that needed to be remedied.

At that time ( mid-80s ) the feeling was that Disneyland was becoming a bit of a relic and needed to have something to excite the younger generation of Park goers.
Tony felt strongly about that aspect - having a good mix of Attractions that appealed to all audiences, as well as have more contemporary offerings to excite the newer generation of Park visitors.
There was nothing doing so at that time within Disney's own self owned IP collection.

So the decision was made to bring in creative film makers ( George Lucas ) and talented entertainers ( Michael Jackson ) and work with them to create new experiences that could liven things up a bit.
And boy did they ever.
'Captain EO' came first, then 'Star Tours', both of which were sensations when they first opened and became Guest favorites well afterwards.

-

Tony didn't stop there though Indiana Jones ride on Adventureland, Honey I shrunk the Kids in tomorrowland, multiple attempts to shut down the Submarine Voyage in a big huff to get a movie tie in in there (Starting with atlantis the lost empire) eventually they closed it for many years and then he came back with a finding nemo pitch, etc

Last edited:

Mike S

Tony didn't stop there though Indiana Jones ride on Adventureland, Honey I shrunk the Kids in tomorrowland, multiple attempts to shut down the Submarine Voyage in a big huff to get a movie tie in in there (Starting with atlantis the lost empire) eventually they closed it for many years and then he came back with a finding nemo pitch, etc
Why exactly am I quoted here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom