News D23 Expo 2017

rreading

DEvrpHGVYAAH_Et.jpg

Love the photo!

But I'd love a rundown; I think that I can only identify half: ?, Mulan, ?, Moana, ?, Anna, ?, Tiana, ?, Ariel

Can someone fill in the gaps?

Princess Leia

Belle, Pocahontas, Rapunzel, Moana, Vanellope, Anna, Merida, Tiana, Jasmine, Ariel. Wow. I don't even know if they got a picture like this when a few of them were in Enchanted.

No Ming-Na Wen, which makes me a little sad :( Also no Idina Menzel?

Also, for the record about the lack of Snow White and Cinderella- Adriana Caselotti (SW's voice actress) died 20 years ago, and Ilene Woods (Cinderella) passed away 7 years ago.

Brer Oswald

I actually think that's a good possibility. The Switch has no problem running Unreal Engine 4 which is what the game uses and KH has sold well on Nintendo portables before. The real oddity is that it's releasing on Xbox which it has never been on before.
Oh it can definitely run it. It just depends on if Disney and Square are too stubborn to port it over or not.

michmousefan

I had no trouble getting into the Parks panel an hour before in 2015
Yep, Parks panel should be OK... they did offer a few "guaranteed" spots to those that preferred that over the live action... at the animation mixup... but the vast majority chose live action.
How can anyone wait in line for the Parks panel prior to 10:30am tomorrow when the Live Action panel starts?

My understanding was that you can't line up for a Hall D23 presentation (other than the first one of the day) until the previous panel starts.
There *should* be plenty of time to get a great place in line even if the line doesn't form until after the live action panel starts. Last Expo I had time after the live action to grab lunch, then got in line for Parks about 90 min before it started and was fine... so if the actual line starts around 10:30... should be OK. I think that after the two big panels there is a bit of "panel fatigue" going on and the parks panel is not as crazy. But that was last Expo... and we have seen extra craziness this year already, so your mileage may vary.

HauntedMansionFLA

Belle, Pocahontas, Rapunzel, Moana, Vanellope, Anna, Merida, Tiana, Jasmine, Ariel. Wow. I don't even know if they got a picture like this when a few of them were in Enchanted.

Also, for the record about the lack of Snow White and Cinderella- Adriana Caselotti (SW's voice actress) died 20 years ago, and Ilene Woods (Cinderella) passed away 7 years ago.
What? No Amy Adams?

Wishing Star

as mentioned above, Mulan is showing.
Idina Menzel was also confirmed for Elsa.

also this
"Snow White and Aurora from Sleeping Beauty will also appear, though they will obviously be voiced by new actresses."
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/168...-bringing-the-original-disney-princesses-back

Cinderella was also mentioned in one of the footage scenes with a talking voice, same with SB.

So it seems like all the official Disney Princess are there. It's a shame they couldn't include the "Forgotten Disney Princess" and maybe increase their popularity a bit.

Even More Disney, I've seen it mentioned that Baymax will also appear,

Figments Friend

You got to meet Tony Baxter himself?! I'm so jealous! :p

You need to check out my 'Tony Baxter Tour of Disneyland' thread in the Disneyland section of this Forum.
Read the last few pages...it's all there.
Pretty amazing saga, and the ultimate fan experience.

Try to read it soon, as all the photos I posted there are about to disappear thanks to Photobucket's recent changes.
So disappointed that my thread full of photos is about to become void of pictures.

In a nutshell, met Tony a couple of times. He likes the artwork I do featuring himself and Figment.
The most recent meeting was this past Autumn when a mutual friend arranged a meeting at Disneyland.
It was a amazing evening - tea and dinner at Club 33, then out into the Park to ride some Attractions together.
Ended up sitting at a table in a alley on Main Street talking about things while fireworks exploded in the background behind us.

-

Figments Friend

Ironic since Baxter is the reason we only get movie tie ins in the parks now. He got the ball rolling 30 years ago.

The reason for that is at the time it was felt Disneyland needed to have something of interest to excite current Park goers.
The Disney Company, particularly in the early 80s, was not the powerhouse it is today as far as contemporary cultural impact.
It was looked upon as old fashioned, and something only little kids and crusty old folks could enjoy.
There was a gap there in the entertainment offerings - very little appealed to the older kids, teens, and young adults and it was felt that needed to be remedied.

At that time ( mid-80s ) the feeling was that Disneyland was becoming a bit of a relic and needed to have something to excite the younger generation of Park goers.
Tony felt strongly about that aspect - having a good mix of Attractions that appealed to all audiences, as well as have more contemporary offerings to excite the newer generation of Park visitors.
There was nothing doing so at that time within Disney's own self owned IP collection.

So the decision was made to bring in creative film makers ( George Lucas ) and talented entertainers ( Michael Jackson ) and work with them to create new experiences that could liven things up a bit.
And boy did they ever.
'Captain EO' came first, then 'Star Tours', both of which were sensations when they first opened and became Guest favorites well afterwards.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom