D23 Expo 2015

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
THE ABC TELEVISION NETWORK SPOTLIGHTS THE CREATIVE FORCES AND STARS FROM SOME OF ITS MOST EXCITING SHOWS AT D23 EXPO 2015, WITH EXCLUSIVE Q&As AND AUTOGRAPH SESSIONS

BURBANK, Calif. – July 16, 2015 – Be among the first to learn the secrets of what’s ahead on ABC’s most anticipated new and returning fall series; hear from some of the fairy tale residents of “Once Upon a Time” and the very talented performers from the new series “The Muppets”; and meet some of your favorite ABC stars in person during special signing sessions at D23 EXPO: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event, where all the worlds of Disney come together, August 14-16 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Panels and Presentations

The Magic Behind The Muppets
Friday, August 14, 10:00 a.m., Stage 23

Calling all Muppet fans! Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work with the Muppets? Here’s your chance to find out firsthand when ABC presents a panel on the magic and art of being a Muppet Performer. Join these creative artists and some of your favorite characters, along with a few surprise guests, for a rare and unforgettable demonstration of what it takes to bring these iconic and enduring personalities to life.

Once Upon a Time: An Evening with Snow White & the Evil Queen
Saturday, August 15, 6:00 p.m., Stage 23

“Once Upon a Time’s” savior has gone dark! As Emma Swan transitions into her role as the Dark One, join the resident fairy tale characters as they cope with Emma’s new role and begin the search for Merlin. This is a journey that will take our heroes from the Enchanted Forest to Camelot and along the way bring many surprises, including Merida from “Brave,” as “Once Upon a Time” introduces its first Pixar character. Join co-creators and executive producers Edward Kitsis (“LOST”) and Adam Horowitz (“LOST”) along with series stars Ginnifer Goodwin and Lana Parrilla as they discuss the upcoming season of unexpected twists, evolving characters, new adventures and new rivalries. This panel is sure to bring some surprises you don’t want to miss and an exclusive sneak peek at the upcoming season premiere! The Q&A with this fairy tale team will be moderated by D23’s Jeffrey Epstein.

On The Show Floor

Autograph Signings

Meet and receive autographs from some of your favorite ABC stars at the Disney | ABC TV Pavilion booth, located on the show floor. Following is the appearance schedule (subject to change):

Friday, August 14
12:00-12:50 p.m.

"Dancing with the Stars" pro dancers Witney Carson (Season 19 champion) and Allison Holker (Season 20 runner-up)

Saturday, August 15
4:00-4:50 p.m.

"black-ish" stars Yara Shahidi, Marcus Scribner, Miles Brown and Marsai Martin

5:00-5:40 p.m.
"Once Upon a Time" stars to be announced

Sunday, August 16
10:00-10:50 a.m.
"Fresh Off the Boat" stars Randall Park, Constance Wu, Hudson Yang, Forrest Wheeler and Ian Chen

5:00-5:50 p.m.
"The Goldbergs" stars Sean Giambrone and Hayley Orrantia

“Once Upon a Time” Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection
Limited Edition of 300, $129.95

Inspired by ABC Studios’ television series “Once Upon a Time,” this collection brings to life the beauty, magic and charm of the iconic fairy tale characters from the show. Exclusively available at Disney Store at D23 EXPO.

Doll Collection Autograph Signing Opportunity with Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen)

Ginnifer and Lana will sign the “Once Upon a Time” Doll Collection, available exclusively at Disney Store at D23 EXPO. This autograph session will take place on Saturday, August 15 from 4:00 to 4:45 p.m. at the ABC booth on the D23 EXPO show floor, and is exclusively for those guests who have purchased one of the dolls.

Tickets for D23 EXPO 2015 are $74 for a one-day adult admission and $54 for children 3–12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club are $65 for a one-day adult admission and $48 for children. Multi-day money-saving tickets are also available. D23 Members can save as much as $112 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for D23 Members and general admission, visit D23EXPO.com.

TP2000

I have been attending Charles Phoenix slide shows on various topics for over 10 years, here in OC or in Palm Springs. I love that he is doing his Disneyland show at D23 this year! For the East Coasters who are unaware, run don't walk to the Charles Phoenix show and buckle up for a hilariously wild ride. And thank me later.

Figments Friend

I have been attending Charles Phoenix slide shows on various topics for over 10 years, here in OC or in Palm Springs. I love that he is doing his Disneyland show at D23 this year! For the East Coasters who are unaware, run don't walk to the Charles Phoenix show and buckle up for a hilariously wild ride. And thank me later.

I was planning on going, hoping someone in particular would show up as a surprise, but after your recommendation TP i will make it a must do.

:)

Figments Friend

Still no official word on an Imagineering Pavilion or any Imagineering panels. The Disney Archives is putting on a Disneyland exhibit though which should be pretty awesome.

Marty Sklar is doing a panel this year.
Check out the schedule....his 'One Little Spark: Mickey's Ten Commandments and the Road to Imagineering' is listed for Saturday morning at 10.
https://d23.com/d23-expo/d23-expo-2015-saturday-august-15/

I am still hoping for a panel featuring Tony Baxter and his wonderful, insightful stories about Disneyland....or any topic, for that matter.
Nothing yet, but we have three weeks to go.
There always seems to be last minute 'surprises' added in the last few weeks leading up to the big Event...at least that has been my impression after all these years of watching from afar.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Marty Sklar is doing a panel this year.
Check out the schedule....his 'One Little Spark: Mickey's Ten Commandments and the Road to Imagineering' is listed for Saturday morning at 10.
https://d23.com/d23-expo/d23-expo-2015-saturday-august-15/

I am still hoping for a panel featuring Tony Baxter and his wonderful, insightful stories about Disneyland....or any topic, for that matter.
Nothing yet, but we have three weeks to go.
There always seems to be last minute 'surprises' added in the last few weeks leading up to the big Event...at least that has been my impression after all these years of watching from afar.
Yeah, I saw this and honestly wasn't particularly compelled. I'd much rather listen to Tony, but this presentation is up against the Live action movies arena presentation.

Figments Friend

Yeah, I saw this and honestly wasn't particularly compelled. I'd much rather listen to Tony, but this presentation is up against the Live action movies arena presentation.

Indeed.

There may be a chance Tony might be one of the special guests during the *Disneyland Home Movies* panel which is happening that Friday at 4:30.
Nobody better to co-host a showing of vintage Disneyland footage then Mr. Baxter himself !

Here*s hoping......i plan on attending that one on just the off chance he is involved.
I have no interest in the Studio Live Action film panel, so my chances of getting into the Home Movies panel is that much better.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Glendale, Calif. — July 23, 2015 — Disney Store today announced the all-new collections and Limited Editions set to launch at this year’s D23 EXPO 2015, Disney’s ultimate fan event held at the Anaheim Convention Center August 14–16. Located within the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion at D23 EXPO, the Disney Store shop will feature new and exclusive products showcased throughout more than 3,000 sq. ft. of retail space. New items celebrating everyone’s favorite characters will be unveiled each day throughout the weekend.

In addition to offering attendees the chance to shop special products not yet available to the general public, fans will also have the chance to meet the artists and designers who created these exciting new collections and be treated to the official Disney Store opening ceremony on Friday, August 14. During the ceremony, a special attendee will be chosen to “unlock imagination” at 9 a.m. alongside some of Disney's most famous characters.

D23 EXPO attendees will get a first look at collections making their debut at the event, including the next installment of the popular Disney Fairytale Designer Collection; a Limited Edition Doll Collection from ABC Studios’ television series Once Upon a Time; Toy Story 20th Anniversary; and Disney Tsum Tsum.

Highlights of the new collections include:

·Disney Fairytale Designer Collection – Happily ever after meets happily evil in Disney Store’s newest series of the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection being previewed at D23 EXPO. Featuring five sets of Limited Edition pairs, these collector doll sets were designed by Disney Store artists and carefully crafted to capture the beauty and romance of fairytale friends and foes.

Available for the first time at D23 EXPO, guests can pre-purchase the complete set of five Hero/Villain pairs prior to the general public pre-sale beginning online Monday, September 14.

Following the preview at D23 EXPO, the doll sets will be released and available for purchase in stores and online starting September 29, with a new pair released each week. Each set is limited to an edition of 6,000 globally and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.

This line expands into a collection of apparel, mugs, journals, home décor and more, available to the general public in stores and online on September 14.

·Once Upon a Time – Continuing the ‘heroes and villains’ theme, Disney Store will introduce the Once Upon a Time Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection, available exclusively at D23 EXPO. Limited to an edition of 300, the doll collection, inspired by ABC Studios’ television series Once Upon a Time, brings to life the beauty, magic and charm of the iconic fairytale characters from the show.

Exclusively for guests who purchase the doll set at D23 EXPO, Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen) will be available for an autograph signing at the ABC booth on the D23 EXPO floor from 4 – 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, August 15. This special opportunity will be followed by the Once Upon a Time panel taking place in Stage 23 from 6 – 7 p.m.

·Star Wars – Disney Store will launch an exclusive collection of Star Wars items at the EXPO on Friday, August 14. The collection will feature apparel, collectibles, and toys, including the Star Wars Elite Series, a new line of highly articulated and detailed die cast action figures, representing characters from Star Wars Episodes I-VI. The action figures will be sold individually at Disney Store locations beginning later this year; however, EXPO attendees have the opportunity to purchase the full set of Star Wars Elite Series action figures, which includes D23 EXPO-exclusive versions of R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Additionally at D23 EXPO, Disney Store will introduce Star Wars Legion Helmets, a series of eight vinyl collectible helmets inspired by the Star WarsLegion Helmet project launched in early 2014. Celebrating creativity and Star Wars, the project pulled together artists from across The Walt Disney Company, resulting in 300 stormtrooper helmets being transformed into diverse pieces of art, which inspired these collectible recreations – epic additions to every Empire.

·Toy Story 20th Anniversary – In celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Disney∙Pixar's Toy Story, Disney Store gleaned art from the adored film’s archives to illustrate the evolution of the beloved characters, Buzz and Woody. Featuring toys, collectibles, apparel and more, this collection will be released at the Disney Store shop at D23 EXPO on Friday, August 14.

·Disney Tsum Tsum – All-new collections of everyone’s favorite stackable plush will be unveiled at D23 EXPO, with one releasing each day in limited quantities in mini, medium and large sizes. In addition, limited-edition mini box series – exclusive to D23 EXPO – will be released along with each collection, and a Mickey Mouse Tsum Tsum mini vinyl figure will be available for $5 with any purchase, while supplies last.

Also launching at D23 EXPO is Disney Store’s “Disney 3D Print Studio,” which offers fans the chance to personalize figures, including Marvel’s Iron Man, with their likeness through the use of facial-scanning kiosks. The figures ordered at the event will feature packaging unique to D23 EXPO.

New this year, in an effort to minimize wait times for guests, D23 is introducing StorePass at select D23 EXPO shopping locations, including the Disney Store shop. A limited quantity of StorePass tickets will be available starting at 10 a.m. on Friday, August 14, and while they last, at the StorePass desk located adjacent to the StagePass distribution area in Hall A. Guests can visit D23EXPO.com’s “Things to Know” page for more details.

The Disney Store shop at D23 EXPO can be found in the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion. Additional details and updates about Disney Store D23 EXPO events and activities will continue to be updated on www.D23EXPO.com, on Facebook, and Twitter @DisneyD23.

To find a local Disney Store, guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocatoror call (866) 902-2798. Guests can also sign up for email alerts atwww.DisneyStore.com/Updates, become a fan on Facebook www.facebook.com/DisneyStoreor follow along on Twitter @DisneyStore.

Tickets for D23 EXPO 2015 are $74 for a one-day adult admission and $54 for children 3–12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club are $65 for a one-day adult admission and $48 for children. Multi-day money-saving tickets are also available. D23 Members can save as much as $112 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for D23 Members and general admission, visit D23EXPO.com.

Figments Friend

Just a heads up for those watching their mail boxes for their Expo tickets -

They have been mailed !

Just received my ticket today, so those awaiting theirs should be receiving them any day now.
Getting down to only a couple of weeks now before the Event....so i am sure i was not the only one watching my mail box for the mailing.

BrerJon

I wonder if they've made a call that if they give enough away about Avatar, and fully spill the beans on the details of that project, it will deflect attention from the lack of anything for Star Wars or DHS in Parks & Resorts? I suspect the theory is give the fans as much as possible to talk about, and they won't have time to talk about the stuff Disney doesn't want to announce.

Also, I like how they have to bribe people to go to the DVC sales pitch panel by offering free pins. They know their audience at least!

Last edited:

TP2000

I thought the same thing about their Avatarland strategy. This should be fascinating to watch what they admit to. Certainly they have to understand that the fan base at D23 Expo will know they are doing something massive with DHS, and something massive with Star Wars on both coasts, and something with Marvel and Resort infrastructure in Anaheim after last month's contentious city council meeting where Disney agreed to spend $1.5 Billion on Disneyland pronto.

Maybe they think they can just admit that Star Wars Launch Bay is going into Innoventions on both coasts for Christmas, and think that will tide us over? It won't.

They have to know the fans know. But their corporate messaging strategy is often alarmingly amateurish, so perhaps we should lower our expectations?

Also, I like how they have to bribe people to go to the DVC sales pitch panel by offering free pins. They know their audience at least.

Regardless of which company is running it, a sales pitch on time share vacation condos is never an enjoyable experience. A three course dinner at Carthay Circle couldn't get me into one of those DVC salesmen boiler rooms.

Last edited:

BrerJon

They have to know the fans know. But their corporate messaging strategy is often alarmingly amateurish, so perhaps we should lower our expectations?

They know that we know, and we know they know we know, and they know that we know that they know that we know, but nobody knows when we'll know what they know!

Regardless of which company is running it, a sales pitch on time share vacation condos is never an enjoyable experience. A three course dinner at Carthay Circle couldn't get me into one of those DVC salesmen boiler rooms.

I will be amazed if there isn't a DVC presentation sign-up sheet on the way out of that 'panel'. The sad thing is, it's so hard to get into panels at D23 that even if it is just a thinly disguised timeshare pitch it will still be full, and people will attend anything just to say they at least saw something at the expo!

Figments Friend

They know that we know, and we know they know we know, and they know that we know that they know that we know, but nobody knows when we'll know what they know!

:confused:
Wow....someone needs to quote the above as their new *quote banner*.

:D

I will be amazed if there isn't a DVC presentation sign-up sheet on the way out of that 'panel'. The sad thing is, it's so hard to get into panels at D23 that even if it is just a thinly disguised timeshare pitch it will still be full, and people will attend anything just to say they at least saw something at the expo!

Oh they made it much easier .....
This years ticket media we attendees have to wear on us at all times during the event has one of those nifty smartphone *blobs* in the upper corner.
In the message contained in the mailing envelope with your ticket, if you read everything it notes that the *blob* contains your name and e-mail address so vendors ( and others ) can scan it and immediately have your contact info.

New technology is just swell.
So all those folks going to the DVC panel can just all have their ticket scanned before entering and wah-lah !
Instant list of eligible e-mail contact info!

Yeah...about that new technology.....
:cyclops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom