Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Next Big Thing

Couple of more bits and pieces on this.

Most of the efficiency positions in the park will be eliminated. These are the CMs who are stationed at the start of lines and on load/unload docks to help move things along and keep things organized.

Reduction in back of house kitchen staff across property - including dish washers, prep positions.

Loss of register staff, so where they're may have bee running 6 register, there will now be 4 or 5.

More cuts to hours to come.
You can make some cuts for short term gain, but this will bite them in the if these changes stay in place for too long.

It's just sad.

Last edited:

Mike S

Most of the efficiency positions in the park will be eliminated. These are the CMs who are stationed at the start of lines and on load/unload docks to help move things along and keep things organized.

Reduction in back of house kitchen staff across property - including dish washers, prep positions.

Loss of register staff, so where they're may have bee running 6 register, there will now be 4 or 5.

Wow. I am really not looking forward to my upcoming trip with all these cuts. Thankfully I only eat dinner in the parks and bring my own lunch/snacks. At least I'll be hanging out with my sister who moved to New Jersey. That's the only plus I see.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Oh please, you just hate Disney. You should go to UNI so the lines will be shorter for the rest of us Mr. Hillbilly Poopy Pants.

NGE/MM+ is going to nothing short of revolutionize The Disney Parks (where's the TM symbol?) going experience. Oh wait, it isn't 2010 and we aren't being fed this line of BS to cover for the fact that WDW is tired, stale and neglected are we?

Nope. Now you can spend weeks trying to get Aunt Martha's FP for SDMT to synch with yours and only be 10 minutes off from Cousin Ronnie and his family. And good to know that $25 1995 filet at the California Grill is now $52 (because check any local or national steak chain's prices then and now and you won't find any similar rise), but you get to book it six months ahead and sit with rubes on the DDP who want "steak for all of us, but none of that weird sauce or veggies ... we want fries" ... oh, but no cloth napkins for you because really nice restaurants use paper.

Like I said, WDW has for Bob Iger's entire tenure been run like an enterprise facing closing, not making record profits, and yet it never changes. You always get less for more. And you have a vast online community of rubes and addicts who simply justify it. The fact this thread was started by MAGICal Steve in the first place should really give y'all pause as to how bad it is and what may well follow.

But yeah, there will be a Star Wars Land and it will open sometime ... 2020 or 2021 likely, so you tell that to all the UNI Wand Wavers.

(Oh great job in getting UNI to give the Hulk coaster up to DIS for installation in WS!)

Now that's a new one. LOL

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As to

Geez, In my worst nightmares about what would happen at WDW once MM+ officially failed to produce increased revenue I never dreamed it would get THIS bad.

asianway

Oh please, you just hate Disney. You should go to UNI so the lines will be shorter for the rest of us Mr. Hillbilly Poopy Pants.

NGE/MM+ is going to nothing short of revolutionize The Disney Parks (where's the TM symbol?) going experience. Oh wait, it isn't 2010 and we aren't being fed this line of BS to cover for the fact that WDW is tired, stale and neglected are we?

Nope. Now you can spend weeks trying to get Aunt Martha's FP for SDMT to synch with yours and only be 10 minutes off from Cousin Ronnie and his family. And good to know that $25 1995 filet at the California Grill is now $52 (because check any local or national steak chain's prices then and now and you won't find any similar rise), but you get to book it six months ahead and sit with rubes on the DDP who want "steak for all of us, but none of that weird sauce or veggies ... we want fries" ... oh, but no cloth napkins for you because really nice restaurants use paper.

Like I said, WDW has for Bob Iger's entire tenure been run like an enterprise facing closing, not making record profits, and yet it never changes. You always get less for more. And you have a vast online community of rubes and addicts who simply justify it. The fact this thread was started by MAGICal Steve in the first place should really give y'all pause as to how bad it is and what may well follow.

But yeah, there will be a Star Wars Land and it will open sometime ... 2020 or 2021 likely, so you tell that to all the UNI Wand Wavers.

(Oh great job in getting UNI to give the Hulk coaster up to DIS for installation in WS!)
And I have seen Steve attacked and minimized in MULTIPLE social media outlets for being wrong and crying the sky is falling. Thanks @wdwmagic for creating a forum where we can have these types of discussions

epeterson

This makes me more sad for the employees than park goers. If Disney wants to continue being 'magical', which died almost a decade ago but roll with me, they have to provide above average customer service. Something Disney was noted for in the past. With the cuts/wages, I don't see why motivated people would work at Disney. They are increasingly going to get the stereotypical 'theme park teenager who doesn't care' type worker. I know if I was working at Disney World right now, knowing how much their parks make, I would be caring less and less about the customers experience and more about working as little as possible/looking at other jobs.

ToTBellHop

Voldemort was at Epcot today touting record visitor counts to Florida for 2015. He's expecting an almost 10% lift in '16
Wait until he hears about all the cuts and what they might do to attendance.

"You're a fool, Georgie K. And you will lose...everything."

youre-a-fool-harry-potter.gif

prberk

You know, when I was a kid sitting with my family in the electric umbrella I took note of something. I looked at my mom and said, "you know why Disney is so different? Most other people would just use plain napkins." This was when they still had Epcot printed on them. She looked at me like I was crazy. 100% true. Now look where we are.

Yep. In Williamsburg (Virginia), Busch Gardens even has "Christmastown" printed on them for the Christmas season.

Now WDW has "Disney parks" on the napkins. Heaven forbid they change it to "Walt Disney World," or better yet, "Epcot" or (gasp!) "Fort Wilderness" or other resort.

Peter Pano

All this feels like some sort of nightmare. A whole year I was planning and saving for our first family trip in April. I am going to spend a small fortune (we're from Europe and doing 12 days deluxe). I was ok because I fell in love with WDW in my 70/80s childhood and wanted to show my family that Disney is special and worth it. Reading all this has suddenly sucked all my enjoyment out of it. I feel ill thinking I will reward a company that treats employees and guests shabbily like this. I may be overreacting now, but if it wasn't planned to celebrate my DD's 6th birthday there, I'd seriously consider to cancel the whole trip.

tissandtully

A question for @wdwmagic, is there a reason there isn't a news post on the front page with all of this? I don't think most people dive into the forums, I think it would be a great way to reach some folks that might want to complain and give even more bad PR to this move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom