Cricut Machine

shari71

That is probably what I am missing. I try to select them both and click weld and then it goes funky on me. I have tried doing it one at a time. Mostly I just haven't ahdt he time tot dedicate to playing with it. Hopefully this weekend I can stay in an work on it.

mouselvrmom

Hmm, this welding feature looks pretty cool. I was bummed with the mickey characters cartridge that the border feature doesn't actually weld the pieces together to form a border, that you have to kind of lay them together.

elizs77

Has anyone used the Silhouette yet? I'm really interested b/c you can just use the fonts on your computer. I saw it once on QVC when Lisa Bearenson from Creating Keepsakes was demoing it. It's expensive, but I think it could be a real $$ saver in the long run if it's good!

shari71

I just put my Silhouette in a rummage sell that lasts until next Friday. Hoping to get rid of it. Another company just came out with software for the Cricut that allows you to use your fonts on your machine. I haven't purchased it yet, but probably will in a few months.

I hated the Silhouette because it took so long for them to come out with Vista software. Then after I installed it, the software wacked my printer software two times. It took me so long to get the printer back up and working I decided the Silhouette wasn't worth it. Also, you have to purchase download cards to get the images. You can only cut images you purchase from Quickutz, but you can cut anything from a true type font which could have images in them.

A lot of people can go both ways, but I decided the Cricut was easier to operate, cheaper in the long run with the many images and sizes you get with each cartridge, and has the images I love: Disney!

elizs77

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely have do do a bit more searhing on the Cricut, then. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it, but I just found the cartridge prices daunting.

Disneyfalcon

I do have the silhouette. I bought it exactly for the reason you are describing, I wanted to be able to use all my fonts and not keep buying cartridges. I've used both so here's my opinions.

Cricut - Pros - Easier to use. Portable - you don't need a computer. Great Disney images.
Cons - You have to keep buying cartridges. I haven't heard of the software that Shari is talking about but that would be a huge plus.

Silhouette - Pros - I can use any font or image file (it actually does cut image files) so it's a one time cost.
Cons - It is harder to figure out at first. (But their customer service is excellent.) Has to be hooked up to a computer so you can't take it to crops.

There are truly advantages to both!:)

ann0d

I was reading about that software on another site and someone wrote that unless you are outside the US and can't be caught, that that software could be illegal. I doubt its true and I would LOVE to have it. I think I will wait a couple of months and keep seeing what people are saying. I would think with the computer technology that Cricut would be able to block you from using it IF and only IF you were using it with Design Studio. I think if used it without connecting to the internet you would be OK. Don't know for sure, not really an IT person.

Disneyfalcon

That looks great! I haven't read anything about it. I'm sure you could contact cricut to ask if it's a copyright infringement or something.

Cricuts have always had a USB port, so it would seem they're leaving the door open to go this route themselves one day.

k.hunter30

Oooh! I haven't seen the details of the cartridges coming out! They look neat. I'm still waiting to see what will be on the Indie one though...
The Camping one looks very cute!

mouselvrmom

I agree. They all look pretty cute. It was strange that I couldn't see the indie one. I do really like the pooh font one, though. Those wood letters are so cute!

k.hunter30

I'm embarrassed to ask this question... but I still consider myself a newbie. Someone bought me the Cricut tool kit and I was wondering... what does the "scrapper" tool do... :lookaroun...:eek:

shari71

Especially on new mats, sometime the mats become sticky and you can't get the paper off easily. You use the scrapper, or I use a spatula type tool, to help get between the paper and mat without tearing the paper. Hope this helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom