Cricut Machine

Missymoe4

Original Poster
Earlier this year, my mother purchased the Disney "Mickey and Friends" and the "Mickey Font" cartridges for the Cricut Machine.

If you have a Cricut, and love to scrapbook Disney...this is a must buy!

Honestly, what you can do with the cute characters and the type is amazing. It includes Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Daisy, and Donald. You can layer the cut outs and make them any size and color paper of your choice (i.e. if you wished Mickey to have a different color shirt to match your page). And the Mickey Type fits perfectly with the Disney theme!

Just thought that I'd throw it out there for any of you with a Cricut machine.
(By the way, she bought hers off of the website http://www.cricut.com/shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?id=122&s=1&sc=17&t=ip and the other: http://www.cricut.com/shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?id=121&s=1&sc=18&t=ip) We have yet to see it sold in store.

Let me know what you think if you already have them!

Disneyfalcon

I have seen those cartridges missymoe and it is adorable!! That almost pushed me over the edge to buy a cricut! My SIL has one and when we visit I cut titles as much as possible. She just got one of the Disney cartridges so I will have to try it!

Post some examples of what you've done, we'd love to see them!

dukehoopsfan

I just bought a Cricut machine yesterday at our local A.C. Moore store for $129. I saw that in the Sunday flyer and immediately went and bought one. I played with it for a couple of hours last night and am amazed by what it can do. Now I need to start saving for the Disney and other cartridges! Our store had both of the Disney cartridges - "Mickey and Friends" and the Mickey font.

ljs1691

I have been watching the price of the Cricut for several weeks and no one has it as low as A.C. Moore (even ebay is more) Problem is, the closest store is two hours away. :cry:

I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm just waiting for the right price.

Missymoe4

Original Poster
Although really pricey...they do work out quite nicely. At least with die cutting phrases and the such...its a whole lot easier than cutting each individual letter. Also, the characters can be somewhat time consuming. (Doing the different layers for each...whether it be the body, tongue, shirt, pants, etc)

When my mother finishes her next character page, I'll post it for all to see!

And I'm sorry to feed into anyone's "bad" habits. I'm guilty of seeing something and then buying it myself. But, in the end, the pages we create are priceless! :sohappy:

Thanks girls for responding! (And gentlemen if any of you choose to scrap)

mouselvrmom

Missymoe, I'd love it if you'd post a character page. I'm not sure if I understand how this works. So you have to use a different color page to create each part of the character and then glue it together? Can you use your own paper, or do you have to buy their paper?

k.hunter30

Missymoe, I'd love it if you'd post a character page. I'm not sure if I understand how this works. So you have to use a different color page to create each part of the character and then glue it together? Can you use your own paper, or do you have to buy their paper?
I too am unaware of how machines like Cricut work... :shrug:

Disneyfalcon

I can answer some questions. You use your own paper - anything from cardstock to thin paper. Your paper sticks on a cutting sheet which you insert into the machine. You then insert the font cartridge you want. Then you either choose a preset word or image, or type in your own word or phrase. Finally you choose the size you want it. I think it's from 1/2 inch to 6? I could have that wrong - but it's a great range. It's wonderful to have that versatility. Then you hit cut and sit back and let the cricut do all the work!
I haven't cut a character but I assume the characters would take multiple cuts depending on how many colors you want in it. If you want an all red die cut type Mickey, you would only need to cut red. If you want black ears, white eyes, yellow bow tie, etc. you would need to cut the Mickey in each color then snip apart the pieces and glue on the original.
I used the cricut for the following titles:

"Stylin with Mickey" here:
IMG_0189_011.JPG

"Mickey on the High Seas"on this one:
IMG_0186_008.JPG

The"Dining At" in this:
IMG_0193_015.JPG

mouselvrmom

Thanks, Tammy! That sounds like a great tool! It would be nice to cut letters out of whatever paper you want. Doing a character sounds like a lot of work, though.

k.hunter30

Thanks for the explanation! Would doing a character be hard then - if you have to cut out certain pieces anyways (i.e. the white eyes, yellow shoes, etc.)?

Disneyfalcon

I don't think it would be too hard but I could be wrong. it would go through a lot of paper, but since the shapes are already there, it wouldn't be much cutting. I don't know if anyone's ever tried paper piecing a Mickey but I have. Wow it was time consuming. This would be tons easier then that.

Maybe Missymoe will come back and post an example.:)

dukehoopsfan

I can answer some questions. You use your own paper - anything from cardstock to thin paper. Your paper sticks on a cutting sheet which you insert into the machine. You then insert the font cartridge you want. Then you either choose a preset word or image, or type in your own word or phrase. Finally you choose the size you want it. I think it's from 1/2 inch to 6? I could have that wrong - but it's a great range. It's wonderful to have that versatility. Then you hit cut and sit back and let the cricut do all the work!
I haven't cut a character but I assume the characters would take multiple cuts depending on how many colors you want in it. If you want an all red die cut type Mickey, you would only need to cut red. If you want black ears, white eyes, yellow bow tie, etc. you would need to cut the Mickey in each color then snip apart the pieces and glue on the original.
I used the cricut for the following titles:

"Stylin with Mickey" here:
IMG_0189_011.JPG

"Mickey on the High Seas"on this one:
IMG_0186_008.JPG

The"Dining At" in this:
IMG_0193_015.JPG

Your pages are great! I love the Mickey on the High Seas page ~ thanks for sharing. I have only cut letters with my Cricut - but I agree with you on the character that you would have to cut it as many times as there are colors. I am anxious to hear if that is the way it would be done or if there is another way.

k.hunter30

Ok, let me know if I'm getting this right. So you'd have the machine make the Mickey figure in black, red, yellow, "flesh" and white. You'd use the black as a base and then glue on the pieces you've cut out of the other colors?

...I'm sorry I'm so slow...:eek:

Disneyfalcon

Ok, let me know if I'm getting this right. So you'd have the machine make the Mickey figure in black, red, yellow, "flesh" and white. You'd use the black as a base and then glue on the pieces you've cut out of the other colors?

...I'm sorry I'm so slow...:eek:

That's my guess. It's possible that they are not fully attached so they're easier to cut. In other words maybe each piece is only tabbed together? I could be wrong.
Either the person that made the Mickey above is an excellent cutter, or it's very easy to cut, because I don't see any scissor marks!

Disneyfalcon

Each cartridge comes with mainly the fab five in different postitions, mickey heads in all sizes, a glove border, etc. You can make an awful lot with one cartridge.
The other Disney cartridge is mainly a Mickey font but it's got some other nice things too.
Here's a link to the two cartridges. Click on each one then click on larger image and next so see all the things it cuts. You pick what you want to cut, what color paper to use and what size you want it:
http://www.cricut.com/shopping/productList.aspx?s=1&a=13&sc=2

mouselvrmom

Wow, that mickey is very cute, but it does look like it would be a lot of work! I hope that the pieces are just tabbed together because I'm the world's worst cutter! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom