News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

TheMaxRebo

I will admit Bear Necessities wouldn’t have been a bad addition to put on its own. But not a whole Disney show.

yeah, that's fair ... I think if it is like their new show and happens to feature a couple of Disney songs that will work

if it just feels like them doing the soundtrack to Happily Ever After, I think that will be a bummer

Consumer

The show is very much stuck in the 70s. At least Tiki Room for example they've updated over the years with new effects and animatronics.

Surprised people are upset over this. The country bears should sing country music which has changed a lot over the last 50 years.

Considering this was at one point going to be replaced by a Toy Story show this seems like a great outcome.
I've always found it fascinating how many of the songs in CBJ were from the 1960's. These weren't the most famous country tunes, but they were certainly current. Now I wouldn't want a CBJ show with songs by Morgan Wallen or Luke Combs, quite frankly, but it would be nice to include some of the most classic songs associated with the genre, such as "Jolene" by Dolly Parton, "Country Roads" by John Denver, or "All My Exes Live in Texas" by George Strait. I guess most of those songs are still pretty old, but at least they're recognizable and fun. Having Trixie or the Sunbonnet Trio sing a Shania Twain song, whether it be "Man, I Feel like a Woman," "Any Man of Mine," or "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" would absolutely go hard.

Not that I could ever see this song actually being sung in a Disney park, but Charlie Marie's "El Paso" has always struck me as the perfect song for a modern Country Bear Jamboree.

Mike S

I've always found it fascinating how many of the songs in CBJ were from the 1960's. These weren't the most famous country tunes, but they were certainly current. Now I wouldn't want a CBJ show with songs by Morgan Wallen or Luke Combs, quite frankly, but it would be nice to include some of the most classic songs associated with the genre, such as "Jolene" by Dolly Parton, "Country Roads" by John Denver, or "All My Exes Live in Texas" by George Strait. I guess most of those songs are still pretty old, but at least they're recognizable and fun. Having Trixie or the Sunbonnet Trio sing a Shania Twain song, whether it be "Man, I Feel like a Woman," "Any Man of Mine," or "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" would absolutely go hard.

Not that I could ever see this song actually being sung in a Disney park, but Charlie Marie's "El Paso" has always struck me as the perfect song for a modern Country Bear Jamboree.

Add “Queen of Hearts” by Juice Newton alongside “All My Exes” and this show would’ve had my two favorite songs to cause absolute mayhem to in Grand Theft Auto 🤣

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
New soundtrack has been leaked
s-l1200.jpg

EeyoreFan#24

Not a fan of this one.

I get the show is/was on borrowed time, but right now I'm in the mindset of leave it as is or get rid of it completely. Maybe something will change my mind later, but that's my initial take.

LittleBuford

Needless to say, I’m a huge CBJ fan. For years, I’ve been waiting for, and dreading, the announcement of a total overhaul of the attraction, because even though I love everything about it, I recognise that it’s not a big draw among today’s park-goers. I am therefore relieved by this announcement, not because I want the original songs replaced—I will miss them greatly—but because we at least get to keep the bears themselves this way, which, frankly, I never expected. I just hope they do a good job and preserve the irreverent sense of humour that makes this such a special show.

Homemade Imagineering

Some Glen Campbell would be perfect!! Afterall he introduced the show in the 1971 TV Special

WorldExplorer

I'd rather they cut them.

I don't love the Country Bear Jamboree because I really like the character designs or the concept of bears singing songs. I love the show. That's the fun part.

Taking out all the current songs and replacing it with songs I'll already be hearing elsewhere remixed (hint to Disney: I do not get excited about stuff I can find on YouTube) is taking away the fun part and leaving behind the superficial shell.

Screw this.

cqdreamer

Journey of the Country Bears Jamboree inspired by Olivia Rodrigo
If you watched the panel like the rest of us and know modern day pop, then you would know that they are bringing in Nashvilles best artists to do this (more than likely Country Hall of Famers at that) but also that Olivia Rodrigo is Pop. Nice try though ❤️❤️

Brian

This seems appropriate here 👀

I'm very easy to please. Leave the bears as they are now. It also happens to be the cheapest option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom