News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Brian

This Sucks Season 3 GIF by The Office

Consumer

Country Bear Jamboree is a brilliant attraction and a Marc Davis classic. I’m grateful it’s not being completely destroyed. The shows already been butchered and had its heart taken out years ago. Am I happy they’re removing the country music, especially for Disney songs? Not at all. I don’t want to see Teddy Bara singing “Let It Go,” or Liverlips sing that Encanto song, but I’m happy the attraction is staying and I hope this show’s such a success they bring it back to Disneyland.

SteamboatJoe

definitely agree - though it could have been updated to new original songs, not covers of Disney songs

but defintiely could be worse
Yes - that part is a potential downer but not surprising. That said, I'm going to give it a chance. Also, it doesn't mean it will be all Disney songs. Plus, if we are being honest, it's not terribly realistic to not to expect to hear Disney music in an attraction these days. This isn't 1955 or 1971 when they had only had a relatively small number of viable feature films to reference. I appreciate original content as much as everyone but there are ways to present things that have been done before in a new light as they can give life to "older" material - see Happily Ever After (yes, to kids today stuff from the 90s and first decade of the 2000s is old). The problem is when every attraction and show features the same, predictable songs.

EDIT: As evidence that the company is willing to entertain incorporating older Disney materials into new/refereshed things, take a look at the revamped treehouse in Disneyland. What's old is new again.

Brian

Country Bear Jamboree is a brilliant attraction and a Marc Davis classic. I’m grateful it’s not being completely destroyed. The shows already been butchered and had its heart taken out years ago. Am I happy they’re removing the country music, especially for Disney songs? Not at all. I don’t want to see Teddy Bara singing “Let It Go,” or Liverlips sing that Encanto song, but I’m happy the attraction is staying and I hope this show’s such a success they bring it back to Disneyland.
I'm gonna disagree and say that I actually liked it better when the expectation was that CBJ was going to be axed entirely, at when this is the alternative. Having the bears still there but singing some stupid, irrelevant Disney songs is a giant middle finger to the attraction's fans.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So I guess it was inevitable. Songs about blood, shooting kids, innuendo, and three bears singing about needing a man, just wasnt going to cut it in this new culture.

Brian

No words, other than it was probably this or the chopping block.
Bingo.

So I guess it was inevitable. Songs about blood, shooting kids, innuendo, and three bears singing about needing a man, just wasnt going to cut it in this new culture.
In a different Disney, the show could have simply been adapted to fit today's cultural sensitivities, while still maintaining originality. However, in this Disney where everything has to be an IP tie in or it isn't funded, it was either IP Bears, or it gets cut entirely for something completely different with IP.

CaptinEO

The show is very much stuck in the 70s. At least Tiki Room for example they've updated over the years with new effects and animatronics.

Surprised people are upset over this. The country bears should sing country music which has changed a lot over the last 50 years.

Considering this was at one point going to be replaced by a Toy Story show this seems like a great outcome.

celluloid

Tokyo hasn't even brought back the holiday or vacation overlay, probably due to being cheap. They're practically just as bad for not bringing back those overlays.

The show looks fantastic in both unique preshow, amazing detail and artwork and post show hallway theme and quality of operations with its upkeep.

Tokyo's is better in every way the other operates even with a year and a half of missing seasonal overlays. The only reason known for those not happening is because of how severe Covid protocols and low attendance/work was there for that time. Other things have steadily come back.

I was there this summer. Amazing. And they have great Country Bear Merch when you can find it as well.

doctornick

CBJ is far from my favorite and I surprisingly don’t know the various songs all that well as it’s usually a “skip” for us if we are short on time at MK but I do have some nostalgia for it and am pleased that at least the bear characters are staying around. Hopefully they have a mix and it’s not just Disney covers.

And honestly at least MK still has theirs unlike DL.

Tony the Tigger

I am actually ok with this. I know some people are attached to the original songs, but it's time for an update.
This. It’s one of my favorite attractions - partly because it seems so wrong to be at Disney World (“for kids”) hearing “blood on the saddle and blood all around!” That’s horrifying (and I love it.) But you had to know the days were numbered for songs about what today is considered child abuse that could have your kids taken away.

It’s not just a smart move, it’s the only move. Again, I love it and yet I have no problem reconciling this. I look forward to the refresh, and if you have any imagination, you can see them making it funny, like Big Al attempting to sing “Let It Go” for 5 seconds and getting shut down by the others. Like every Muppet Show “gone wrong.” And then a good banger or two you can clap along with.

As for original songs vs country interpretations of Disney songs - that’s a fair opinion to have. For me, I consider “country music” an oxymoron. Please don’t make me listen to it (with a few less country-ish exceptions.) So in my case, Disney songs will be the bridge. I’m sure I’m not alone.
No chance this will actually be good. Or funny.
Oh, come now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom