News Cosmic Ray's expansion project

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, January 27, 2018. Now that the covered outdoor seating around the Cosmic Ray stage end of the building is completed.....since a couple of weeks ago a new construction fence has been installed all along the east side of the restaurant opposite the Tomorrowland Speedway. A cast member confirmed the existing outdoor seating area on the east will be covered. The restaurant remains open.

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

Cmdr_Crimson

Photo update as of Saturday, January 27, 2018. Now that the covered outdoor seating around the Cosmic Ray stage end of the building is completed.....since a couple of weeks ago a new construction fence has been installed all along the east side of the restaurant opposite the Tomorrowland Speedway. A cast member confirmed the existing outdoor seating area on the east will be covered. The restaurant remains open.

View attachment 259651

View attachment 259652
Which means...Expect another loooooooooooong refurbishment....;)

Unplugged

Now to add more kitchens and another serving bay to cope with the added demand (or just to cope with current demand)

If only there were another under-utilised facility nearby that could be taken out of mothballs...

That's one thing I simply don't get. Why isn't the "dining that shall remain nameless" open for lunch, then closed at dinner for the dreaded up-charge event? It seems like running another restaurant that generates revenue in an existing facility would be cheaper and more profitable than to simply add more seating to an over capacity location. Obviously, normal accounting doesn't apply once Pixie dust gets on the books.

Timothy_Q

That's one thing I simply don't get. Why isn't the "dining that shall remain nameless" open for lunch, then closed at dinner for the dreaded up-charge event? It seems like running another restaurant that generates revenue in an existing facility would be cheaper and more profitable than to simply add more seating to an over capacity location. Obviously, normal accounting doesn't apply once Pixie dust gets on the books.
And have to pay dozens more cast members?
They just don't have that kind of budget

Cmdr_Crimson

Rowlet

So we are talking about the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station? I'm not sure I have ever seen that place open - ever.

Google has the hours as 11:00 to 3:30, only on Saturdays. :confused:

I don't know if this counts as "open" in general terms, but the last time I ate there was in spring of 2006 during my high school's Grad Nite event.

disneyC97

9pm last August. With friends there for first time. We were hungry.
Pretty busy night.
Walked from one closed Quick serve to another (Columbia Harbor, Pinocchio) around closed off areas due to fireworks ...finally reached Cosmic Ray’s and it’s mediocre food. Really bad for the company’s “flagship”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom