1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Report *COMPLETED* Let me share this whole new world with you!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by joshsprincess921, May 8, 2017.

1. joshsprincess921

joshsprincess921 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Today turned out to be one of my favorite days! I don't know if it was because I had had a wonderful nap the day before and a good sleep that night, but I felt extra refreshed!

Welcome to HOLLYWOOD!
    IMG_3717.JPG

We had officially made park opening for every park so I was very pleased! :happy: As long as Josh got his naps in he seemed to be ok with it too plus we got so much done in the mornings with very little waits which is always nice.
    IMG_3719.JPG

First up!
    IMG_3721.JPG PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8026078249.jpeg

Then we hopped over to ToT! This cracked me up because Josh looks bored! LOL!
    IMG_3749.JPG

We grabbed a coffee and muffin from the Joffrey's stand on the way out and enjoyed those while we made our way to Toy Story Mania!
    IMG_3725.JPG IMG_3723.JPG IMG_3724.JPG
    He beat me!

Then a nice walk-through One Man's Dream.
    IMG_3726.JPG IMG_3727.JPG

2. joshsprincess921

Took a cheesy ride through the movies before our early lunch. Something must be done with this ride.

So where was lunch?
    IMG_3733.JPG

We were the very first customers seated! It was weird walking in and seeing the place completely empty!
    IMG_3735.JPG

We were given complimentary oreo milk shakes to celebrate our honeymoon! So good! IMG_3738.JPG

Our waiter said that this was the 2nd day of the new menu.
    IMG_3737.JPG

Josh ordered the Oven Roasted Turkey Sandwich. Had to quickly snap before he put it in his mouth! He said it was pretty good.
    IMG_3741.JPG

I ordered the seasonal burger which was bacon and blue cheese. I thought it was really good, but the cucumber salad was YUCK! Should have got the fries.
    IMG_3740.JPG

Two lovebirds at the drive in.:inlove: Josh said he felt like Danny Zuko on a date with Sandy. :hilarious:
    IMG_3742.JPG

When our waiter brought our speeding ticket, he also brought this. You know when you leave something uncovered in the fridge for too long and it gets a really strange taste. This is how this tasted. Tasted like a really cold fridge. :depressed::hilarious: But is was very kind especially since we were given the milkshakes for free!
    IMG_3743.JPG

We really enjoyed Sci-Fi. Food wasn't the best in the world, but the atmosphere made it worth it. And our waiter was awesome too!

On our way to the Muppets we stopped and watch a little jedi training. Josh and I are not Star Wars fans at all, but I enjoy it at Disney.
    IMG_3745.JPG

3. joshsprincess921

We ended up never making it to the Muppets because as we were walking by the next showing for Indiana Jones was about to start and Josh wanted to see it. I haven't seen this show is so long. Josh liked it and said it was neat but a little dated.
    IMG_3748.JPG

After this we went over to see the Little Mermaid which like a lot of things here...dated. But I still like it. The lady, probably close to my age, next to me was a bit bizarre. She was bouncing in her seat with excitement telling her family that this was her favorite thing and she would sit here all day everyday while they did the rest of the parks. When it was starting she started squealing.

IMG_3751.JPG

We then headed over to our next fastpass!
    IMG_3753.JPG

Our new backpack! Our other one kicked the dust on our second day and they had this one on sale with another purchase, so we got it.
    IMG_3754.JPG

The fastpass line took awhile. We had a group of cheerleaders that were twerking on the railings behind us in the line. We thought they would be in the elevator with us, but they ended up getting one all to themselves. This ride was more fun then our first, but Josh still doesn't look entertained, haha! Ironically, he tells everyone that this was his favorite thrill ride! :hilarious:
    IMG_3762.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_401453270281(1).jpeg

And then I finally got my Mickey bar!
    IMG_3761.JPG

With that we made our way out of the park and back to the resort! Josh wanted to nap and I really needed to wash some clothes. We underestimated when packing. :eek:

While we were waiting in line for the bus the girl in front of me asked if we wanted her anytime fastpasses for Everest. Our plans were taking us to Animal Kingdom this night so we said SURE! Well can you guess what happened to those fastpasses....

Yep :banghead:
    IMG_3772.JPG

Took me awhile to figure out how to start the machines since it's through the little computer system, but I did think it was cool how they lock until it's finished and you can go to the website and see how long your machines have left. So I set up my washers and went out to the pool and enjoyed a pina colava and listened in on the poolside trivia.
    IMG_3765.JPG

4. joshsprincess921

Soon enough I saw that my clothes were almost done washing (only took 30 minutes), so I went back and switched them to the dryer. It was going to take an hour to dry and I would have to start getting ready for dinner soon, so I decided not to back to the pool. I did a little more exploring.
    IMG_3766.JPG IMG_3770.JPG

Loved these African drum lights in the hallways and the hidden mickey's in the carpets.
    IMG_3768.JPG IMG_3771.JPG

By the time I showered and got dressed, my clothes were almost dried, so I went back to get them while Josh showered! Laundry room selfie while I waited the last 5 minutes.
    IMG_3774.JPG

And back to Animal Kingdom we went! Kangaroo!
    IMG_3775.JPG
    PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_401453494499.jpeg PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_401453587926.jpeg

Tonight's dinner would be my favorite of the trip!
    IMG_3791.JPG IMG_3776.JPG

5. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

Fake Southern/country accents annoy me so much LOL. My husband will attempt it because he loves a Southern accent but I'm like I do NOT sound like that!! But bless his heart, he tries :) Love your trip report so far! Sorry you didn't have the best experience at Raglan Road. We really enjoyed the food we had and we sat up front and center of the stage. And it was sooooo hot with the lights and really loud. I was concerned that it would trigger a migraine but I lucked out.

littleroo likes this.
  6. joshsprincess921

We were seated in the Trek Gallery.
    IMG_3779.JPG
    IMG_3778.JPG IMG_3777.JPG

The menus were really cool. Our waitress was kind of strange. She was explaining to me how she was so sore from her good workout she had so she couldn't squat to pick things up from the floor. But managed to bring us bread though.
    IMG_3780.JPG
    I did not like this...ew ew ew! The bread was so dry and the pomegranate sauce was so sour. Josh thought it was ok though. Ew no!

For my appetizer I chose the Marinated Grilled Octopus. This was incredible! Easily one of the best things I've ever eaten. Josh refused to try it.
    IMG_3781.JPG

He got the Lobster-Popcorn Thai Curry Soup which he said was very good. IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3786.JPG

For my entree, I chose the Wagyu Striploin and Braised Short Rib. Ummmmm guys...this dish. I want it right now!
    IMG_3783.JPG

He got the Berkshire Pork Tenderloin. This was really good too, just not as good as mine, haha! What was weird was the tenderloin tasted just like the tamale.
    IMG_3784.JPG

Dessert Menu
    IMG_3785.JPG

7. joshsprincess921

OMG me too! I never could watch True Blood because of the fake accents. I'm like we do not sound like that here! I have a fairly thick southern accent, but come on! Just no! LOL!

Thanks! It wasn't so bad. I wish I had tried something different. Josh probably would have liked some of the other stuff had he tried it.

littleroo and bee like this.
  8. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

I watched True Blood but only for Alexander Skarsgard :angelic: My husband complains because I control my accent. Some people at work gave those of us with the local dialect a hard time so I learned to lessen it. Now it only comes out when I'm around people who talk the same way I do LOL. People who comment on my accent annoy me just as much as those who fake the accent :mad:

littleroo likes this.
  9. joshsprincess921

Lime cheesecake...mmm mmm good. It was very light. I enjoyed it.
    IMG_3789.JPG

South American Chocolate Ganache. WAYYY too rich for me, but Josh thought is was delicious. IMG_3790.JPG

And how sweet was this! :inlove: IMG_3788.JPG

So my husband is one of the 10 people that love Avatar. He watches it every time it comes on TV, so he was super bummed Pandora wouldn't be open yet. I plan to use this as a way of getting him back here sooner, but anyway, he a convo with our loony waitress about the rides. She had gotten to do a preview and they just kept talking and talking and talking. Didn't think she'd ever let us leave! But finally she did. She brought us our popcorn bucket and ROL tickets along with a little postcard that was a copy of a sketch drawn by Joe Rohde in his travel journals. Pretty cool.

We were soooo full and didn't feel like riding a thing so we made our way over to the theater to get our seats.
    IMG_3792.JPG
    First row and it was chilly and windy...eek!

We picked up our popcorn on the way over in Dinoland.
    IMG_3798.JPG

Josh entertained himself during our wait by watching the LSU baseball game on his phone. :p
    IMG_3797.JPG

I spotted a photopass making her rounds, so when she got closer I told Josh I was going to my photoshoot.:D
    IMG_3802.JPG PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_401453698126.jpeg IMG_3911.JPG

10. joshsprincess921

Oh yes...you can watch him now on Big Little Lies. Haha, that's funny. I wouldn't even know where to start to control mine. I guess it takes practice!

littleroo likes this.
  11. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

It took a while. Plus a lot of transplants moved into the area that didn't have the accent so after a while I started to copy them. I still never pronounce the last "g" in my words though no matter how hard I try. My former boss would always roll his eyes when I would say "somethin was takin too long" or "I was just gettin ready to do...." I could say more about that boss and his ideas on what was unprofessional but I'm not :) The craziest thing though, and my Mom thought it was hilarious, was the time after I had a migraine and I sounded Irish LOL :eek:

12. joshsprincess921

The pre-show was great!

Rivers of Light. We really enjoyed it. I know a lot of people don't care for it, but we really like it. When the water started, the wind was blowing it towards s and it felt like it was raining....brrrrr.
    IMG_3810.JPG IMG_3816.JPG IMG_3826.JPG IMG_3833.JPG IMG_3831.JPG

We left with the masses and waited FOREVER for a bus. I think we had to wait through 3 buses and AKL had the longest lines. But we made it eventually!

Next: Our last day

13. blgauger

blgauger Well-Known Member

Sooooo glad that Josh seems to be loving it so far! Looking good for future trips. ;) Your story about watching Wishes was so sweet.. It brought a tear to my eye! Things really do work out in the most perfect of ways! Looking forward to more. :)

14. joshsprincess921

Oh I sure hope so! Thanks!

blgauger and littleroo like this.
  15. Doc Disney

Doc Disney Well-Known Member

All the feels :cry::cry::cry: Goodbye Wishes!

Ew! The picture has confirmed I would not have liked that :p:p

LisaBelle and littleroo like this.
  16. joshsprincess921

LOL! It was delicious!

17. joshsprincess921

It was our last full day in Disney. :( We had a breakfast reservation, but was able to sleep in a little later. We caught a bus to MK, then had a chilly, windy ride towards our destination.
    IMG_3843.JPG

Beautiful Polynesian!
    IMG_3844.JPG IMG_3847.JPG
    We checked in, they took my number but then texted me like 30 seconds later that our table was ready.
    IMG_3845.JPG
    Started with a cup of Kona coffee...seriously yummy! I think Josh had a cappuccino. He's not a coffee drinker at all, but was feeling adventurous (or tired).
    IMG_3850.JPG

I hadn't heard about the changes beforehand so I was a little caught off guard when looking over the new menu.
    IMG_3848.JPG

I ordered the Tonga Toast with bacon. I prefer this with syrup instead of the strawberry compote. It was so good, but very sweet!!!
    IMG_3851.JPG

Josh ordered the pineapple, macadamia nut pancakes and a side of grits. These grits were AMAZING!!! Pancakes were great too.
    IMG_3852.JPG

Such a yummy breakfast!! We were stuffed! We didn't have any set plans until the afternoon, so we went in all the shops and looked around.
    IMG_3857.JPG IMG_3859.JPG

18. joshsprincess921

We didn't have any set plans for the day until the evening, so we hopped on the monorail and decided to go walk around some of the other resorts.

The Grand Floridian! So pretty! I loved the shops here.
    IMG_3860.JPG IMG_3861.JPG Those couple's looked very comfy on the couches!

The Contemporary.
    IMG_3863.JPG

We went into a shop and there was a little girl, probably 3-4 years old, holding some toys. She was throwing a fit because her mother told her to put them away. I guess it was more of a tantrum, very intense. LOL! Her mom then said, I'm leaving and just left the store, leaving her daughter behind in the store having her meltdown. She was screaming I'm not putting them back and then she took off out of the store with toys in hand! Finally her dad brings her back in with the toys but she wasn't having it. Literally throwing herself around screaming that she was not putting those toys back. At that point, we left so I have no idea what came of that.

We walked a backed to MK and caught a bus back to AKL.
    IMG_3864.JPG

Josh wanted to take a nap, so I put on my swimsuit and went down to the pool.
    IMG_3868.JPG
    Grabbed a snack on the way.
    IMG_3867.JPG

And a drink.
    IMG_3870.JPG

After a relaxing time at the pool, I met Josh back in the room and we got ready for our afternoon plans.
    IMG_3874.JPG IMG_3899 (2).JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

19. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm..that breakfast looked amazing!!!

littleroo and joshsprincess921 like this.
  20. joshsprincess921

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_401453020268.jpeg IMG_3889.JPG IMG_3897.JPG

We had a little time before our fastpass so we watched the Chinese acrobats.
    IMG_3878.JPG IMG_3880.JPG

Then to Norway for our Frozen fastpass!
    IMG_3883.JPG
    I died laughing at this ride photo! My husband looks like a huge creeper!
    IMG_3896.JPG

It was a cute ride, but I most certainly would not wait a long time for it. Afterwards we made our way to Italy for our dinner reservation. IMG_3891.JPG

We started with a Blood Orange Acqua Fresca and a Bud Light.
    IMG_3892.JPG IMG_3893.JPG