Trip Report *COMPLETED* Let me share this whole new world with you!

Welcome! I have just returned back from my Disneymoon and want to share my adventure with you all. Leading up to the trip, I was nervous about whether or not my DH would enjoy his first trip to WDW, so stay tuned to see how it turned out. I hope that you enjoy!

My pre-trip report gives a backstory on how we ended up on this adventure if you'd like to read:
My groom agreed on a Disneymoon, but will he love it?

Let's get started!

Who?
Me, Heather and DH, Josh
IMG_3593.JPG

What?
Our honeymoon!

When?
April 30th-May 7th

Where?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

IMG_3486.JPG

Next: Travel and Arrival Day

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Wouldn't you know, he wasn't excited to see me! The last couple of days of the trip every time I would facetime he wouldn't talk to me, only his Daddy, LOL! I think he was mad at me. Josh works shift work so he's used to going a few days without seeing him, but this was his first extended period of time away from me since he was born! At the airport he wouldn't even come to me...that was UNTIL I pulled out his Mickey ears and Goofy hat that he requested and then he's was back to loving me again! He keeps saying now that he has his cast off, he can go to Disney World. I tell him to talk to his Daddy, haha!

Me too and mix that with them being tired and exhausted and it's just a set up for a meltdown!

Great excuse to go back soon!!;);)

rshell68

My final thoughts:
And yes, I did say next time. I've mentioned that this was Josh's first time in Disney and he didn't really want to come that much but he did have a wonderful time. As the week progressed I could see him appreciating it a little more. He said that he had a great time and he's excited to see it though our son's eyes when we bring him for the first time. However, his idea of next time is in 4 years! :eek: He said he wants to take a Disney Cruise before returning to Disney World. But we will see.

I've never enjoyed WDW more than I did this week with my husband. It was perfect and I can't wait to return with him and Cameron! Thank you all for following along on my adventure and I hope you enjoyed it!
View attachment 206408

Oh I'm sure you've got him hooked now. Back in 1999 I had to talk my husband into our first Disney trip after that he was hooked. 18 years and 20+ trips later here we are still going strong.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Oh I'm sure you've got him hooked now. Back in 1999 I had to talk my husband into our first Disney trip after that he was hooked. 18 years and 20+ trips later here we are still going strong.

You give me hope! I know we won't be back next year, but fingers crossed for the following year. He wants to do something different next year, so compromise, right? tee hee! Thanks for reading!

LisaBelle

I loved your TR. My husband and I honeymooned at Disney, too so I have a soft spot for Disney honeymoon TRs. So happy that Josh enjoyed it and is willing to go back. Glad you enjoyed BOG so much. I love the Croque Monsieur sandwich and the Master's Cupcake there. They are my favorites. After reading several TRs that included Tiffins I am now more interested in giving it a try. I LOVED the ROL popcorn bucket! Such a fun souvenir. Hoping you will have another TR to write in the near future. Thanks for sharing your trip.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I loved your TR. My husband and I honeymooned at Disney, too so I have a soft spot for Disney honeymoon TRs. So happy that Josh enjoyed it and is willing to go back. Glad you enjoyed BOG so much. I love the Croque Monsieur sandwich and the Master's Cupcake there. They are my favorites. After reading several TRs that included Tiffins I am now more interested in giving it a try. I LOVED the ROL popcorn bucket! Such a fun souvenir. Hoping you will have another TR to write in the near future. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Thank you @LisaBelle ! I absolutely loved BOG! It was a perfect lunch. You definitely have to try Tiffins. I still think about that food and it's just soooooo good! I though the popcorn bucket was a sweet surprise. I wasn't expecting to get it and only $1.50 to fill it with popcorn!
Thanks for reading!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Day 2: Epcot

I did forget to mention that I tried out Amazon Prime Now and it worked perfectly. I made my order the night before and chose 8pm-10pm delivery on our arrival day. Once our flight landed, I got an email saying that it was delivered. On the way back from the Mara, we stopped by Bell Services and they delivered it to our room within 5 minutes. Since it was my first order, I received a $10 coupon. I just mention it b/c I thought it was a great deal. For a case of water, 2 6 packs of soda and snacks I paid a total of $19 using the coupon and that includes a $5 tip!

Moving on, I woke up at 6:45am, but I slept horribly. I could not stop sweating and then when I would get on top of the covers I would get cold, LOL. Around 3 in the morning I ended up jumping in the other bed and finally slept hard until my alarm went off. Josh snoozed while I got ready and soon he was up and about as well. I had a diet coke and a granola bar and we were at the bus stop for 7:45am on our way to Epcot!!!
View attachment 204352
View attachment 204353

The Jammitors were performing in front of Spaceship Earth. I couldn't see, but it was fun listening. Once they let us in, which was about 10 minutes early, we made our way over to the Land pavilion for our first attraction and Josh's first WDW attraction ever.

View attachment 204357

This was my first ride on the new version and I liked it. I couldn't help but miss the old version a little. With nothing else to compare it to, Josh LOVED it! After our flight we stayed in the vicinity and hopped on a pleasant boat ride.

View attachment 204359
View attachment 204360 View attachment 204365

We both enjoyed the ride. I always find it quite interesting. But Josh was ready for more thrills, so off we went!
View attachment 204372
I let Josh design it which of course he had a blast doing. He kept saying smaller would be more efficient.
View attachment 204375
We got 1st place! Josh was so proud. :D

The winner!
View attachment 204376
We had some time to kill before our fastpass and were getting a little hungry. I desperately needed a coffee! We spotted a Joffrey's cart so hopped on over there and got one of these babies! It was soooo good and as big as my head! We split this and an iced caramel latte that was yummy as well!
View attachment 204377

I Loved the new Soarin! It's not the same, but I really enjoyed it!

Next: More Epcot

After getting my tasty drink we walked through the Mitsukoshi store in Japan. I've always loved this store. Some really cool items. Josh and I would love to visit Japan one day and experience the culture. We caught the drummers on the way out.
View attachment 204645
View attachment 204646 View attachment 204647

An air conditioning break was a must! So we popped into the American Pavilion and saw the tail ending of the Voices of Liberty performance. This was great. As a formal music student I really appreciated this.
View attachment 204652
We also caught a showing of the American Adventure. Ahhh, the break was so nice and I may have dozed off a couple of times. This was my first time seeing this show or Voices of Liberty. I'm glad we took the time to see it!
Voices of Liberty is my favorite thing in all of Disney now :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I'm late, but reading now :D

DonnaOnTheRocks

We didn't have any set plans for the day until the evening, so we hopped on the monorail and decided to go walk around some of the other resorts.

The Grand Floridian! So pretty! I loved the shops here.
View attachment 206374 View attachment 206376 Those couple's looked very comfy on the couches!

The Contemporary.
View attachment 206377

We went into a shop and there was a little girl, probably 3-4 years old, holding some toys. She was throwing a fit because her mother told her to put them away. I guess it was more of a tantrum, very intense. LOL! Her mom then said, I'm leaving and just left the store, leaving her daughter behind in the store having her meltdown. She was screaming I'm not putting them back and then she took off out of the store with toys in hand! Finally her dad brings her back in with the toys but she wasn't having it. Literally throwing herself around screaming that she was not putting those toys back. At that point, we left so I have no idea what came of that.

We walked a backed to MK and caught a bus back to AKL.
View attachment 206378

Josh wanted to take a nap, so I put on my swimsuit and went down to the pool.
View attachment 206379
Grabbed a snack on the way.
View attachment 206380

And a drink.
View attachment 206381

After a relaxing time at the pool, I met Josh back in the room and we got ready for our afternoon plans.
View attachment 206383 View attachment 206386

View attachment 206387

Sounds like you had a similar last day as my mom and I! Except the part where you got to go to a park...:( Loving your report! So glad he seems to like Disney :D My husband likes it, but not enough to go every year. I'll take what I can get!:)

DonnaOnTheRocks

Done reading now, Great report!!! I agree, the Beach Club and Poly are on my list for next time! My husband has only stayed at Pop Century, so I need to let him get a deluxe experience so he'll want to go back more often ;). Maybe your hubby can be swayed to go sooner now that Avatarland is open :) Thanks for sharing!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Done reading now, Great report!!! I agree, the Beach Club and Poly are on my list for next time! My husband has only stayed at Pop Century, so I need to let him get a deluxe experience so he'll want to go back more often ;). Maybe your hubby can be swayed to go sooner now that Avatarland is open :) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for reading! I don't know if he will be persuaded sooner. He does talk about a Disney cruise often, so I'm thinking maybe we can throw in a couple days mixed in with the cruise! Fingers crossed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom