Trip Report *COMPLETED* Let me share this whole new world with you!

Welcome! I have just returned back from my Disneymoon and want to share my adventure with you all. Leading up to the trip, I was nervous about whether or not my DH would enjoy his first trip to WDW, so stay tuned to see how it turned out. I hope that you enjoy!

My pre-trip report gives a backstory on how we ended up on this adventure if you'd like to read:
My groom agreed on a Disneymoon, but will he love it?

Let's get started!

Who?
Me, Heather and DH, Josh
IMG_3593.JPG

What?
Our honeymoon!

When?
April 30th-May 7th

Where?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

IMG_3486.JPG

Next: Travel and Arrival Day

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Count me in on this one!!
I enjoyed the buildup of the PTR
Your little man looks so cute waving goodbye
And the green cast is awesome - was that the same colour he had for the wedding?

Looking forward to more details and adventure

Max

Thanks! He had a red one for the wedding. He got the green one the next week and now he's in a brace! Hoping to be done soon!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Day 2: Epcot

I did forget to mention that I tried out Amazon Prime Now and it worked perfectly. I made my order the night before and chose 8pm-10pm delivery on our arrival day. Once our flight landed, I got an email saying that it was delivered. On the way back from the Mara, we stopped by Bell Services and they delivered it to our room within 5 minutes. Since it was my first order, I received a $10 coupon. I just mention it b/c I thought it was a great deal. For a case of water, 2 6 packs of soda and snacks I paid a total of $19 using the coupon and that includes a $5 tip!

Moving on, I woke up at 6:45am, but I slept horribly. I could not stop sweating and then when I would get on top of the covers I would get cold, LOL. Around 3 in the morning I ended up jumping in the other bed and finally slept hard until my alarm went off. Josh snoozed while I got ready and soon he was up and about as well. I had a diet coke and a granola bar and we were at the bus stop for 7:45am on our way to Epcot!!!
IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

The Jammitors were performing in front of Spaceship Earth. I couldn't see, but it was fun listening. Once they let us in, which was about 10 minutes early, we made our way over to the Land pavilion for our first attraction and Josh's first WDW attraction ever.

IMG_3496.JPG

This was my first ride on the new version and I liked it. I couldn't help but miss the old version a little. With nothing else to compare it to, Josh LOVED it! After our flight we stayed in the vicinity and hopped on a pleasant boat ride.

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0175.JPG

We both enjoyed the ride. I always find it quite interesting. But Josh was ready for more thrills, so off we went!
IMG_3499.JPG

I let Josh design it which of course he had a blast doing. He kept saying smaller would be more efficient.
IMG_3508.JPG

We got 1st place! Josh was so proud. :D

The winner!
IMG_3501.JPG

We had some time to kill before our fastpass and were getting a little hungry. I desperately needed a coffee! We spotted a Joffrey's cart so hopped on over there and got one of these babies! It was soooo good and as big as my head! We split this and an iced caramel latte that was yummy as well!
IMG_3502.JPG

Next: More Epcot

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We casually made our way back up to Spaceship Earth and took a ride back in time. Josh is a huge history buff so I knew he would enjoy this and I was correct! I thought this next picture was very fitting, being on our honeymoon and all...
IMG_3504.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

Josh was cracking up at the video, LOL! He thought it was a nice touch.

After this we headed over to one of my favorite pavilions!
IMG_3505.JPG

We had about 10 minutes to spare before our fastpass window opened up, so what do we do? PICTURES of course!
IMG_3506.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_401453020259.jpeg

We took our ride under water and then walked around looking at the beautiful sea creatures! I know I took pictures inside but for some reason they are not showing up, so who knows what happened to them!

By this time, the World Showcase was opening up, so we started our trek that way. We walked through the butterfly garden, but there were SO many people in there that I didn't get to see much. Before heading to WS, I knew I wanted to make one more stop!
IMG_0183.JPG

We were wearing our celebration buttons and as we walked in we were greeted by a cast member who congratulated us and sent us over to get a free slushie! (sorry, the picture is dark.)
IMG_0182.JPG

We enjoyed our slushie and did a little taste testing. I was upfront with him about Beverly but he was adamant that he wanted to try it.:hungover:
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG

And how did he like it....
IMG_0186.JPG

He said it tasted like he was drinking Old Spice aftershave! I warned him! :hilarious:

Next: World Showcase

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Epcot is just so beautiful during Flower and Garden. The pictures I've seen over there years do not do it justice! I was excited to get the monorail going by!
IMG_0179.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG

We took some photopass pictures on the way to WS.
IMG_3524.JPG
IMG_3522.JPG

I told Josh to pick which way we would enter the WS and he picked Canada. We stopped at the first food booth we came across because were were starving at this point. It was the Northern Bloom booth.

Seared Scallops. The scallops were cooked perfectly but I didn't love the green beans. They weren't horrible, I just prefer my green beans a little softer.
IMG_0187.JPG

Beef Tenderloin Tips. This was sooo good! We shared each and both of us thought this was the better dish.
IMG_0188.JPG

Ironically, these were the only dishes we tried from the food booths our entire trip. Nothing really jumped out to us. Truth be told, had we not been so hungry we may not have tried these, but I'm happy we tried something.

Traveling on....we looked at the topiaries and went through and looked in the shops.
IMG_0190.JPG

I thought the little tea cup was so cute!
IMG_0191.JPG

France was upon us...
IMG_3517.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
After getting my tasty drink we walked through the Mitsukoshi store in Japan. I've always loved this store. Some really cool items. Josh and I would love to visit Japan one day and experience the culture. We caught the drummers on the way out.
IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG

An air conditioning break was a must! So we popped into the American Pavilion and saw the tail ending of the Voices of Liberty performance. This was great. As a formal music student I really appreciated this.
IMG_0205.JPG

We also caught a showing of the American Adventure. Ahhh, the break was so nice and I may have dozed off a couple of times. This was my first time seeing this show or Voices of Liberty. I'm glad we took the time to see it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom