Circle of Life Closed for Refurbishment?

WDWVolFan

One of the lamest waste of times and space at WDW.
Yes, trash thrown everywhere and not recycling is bad.
Yes, polution is bad for animals.
Yes, an image of a penguin covered in oil is sad.

But we've seen it all in school...I don't wanna get depressed and be reminded how crappy mankind is.

KDM31091

I hope it's just a general sprucing up and rehab (which it needs) and not a replacement. Some things should just be left alone. The content is fine. It just needs freshening up of the film/theater.

Haymarket2008

This thing needs to go. Plain and simple. It served its' purpose in the 90's and now its time has come. A timeless and modern addition would be most welcome. Not sure why anyone would bemoan this change. This is a GOOD thing, people! (If it actually is replaced by something better)

RSoxNo1

Watch your language!
CxWiEme.png

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
This thing needs to go. Plain and simple. It served its' purpose in the 90's and now its time has come. A timeless and modern addition would be most welcome. Not sure why anyone would bemoan this change. This is a GOOD thing, people! (If it actually is replaced by something better)
As long as it's not replaced with an empty theatre.

WDWVolFan

Interesting that you mention that. You would have not liked the replacement project that was tossed around a year or two ago...
Was it a copy and paste of the project for most of the Innoventions buildings as well as the Body Wars building (forgot the name of the pavilion)?
Sounds like that folks who run Epcot have a template for that type of project:
Step 1: Close it
Step 2: Let it sit there
Step 3: Gut it some
Step 4: Use it for money grabbing events and throw some curtains blocking the view of what once was.
Step 5: Start gutting it
Step 6: Repeat Step 4
Step 7: You're done.

Cesar R M

Wikipedia is saying new film.Take that as you will.

"After 21 years, Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable closed permanently at Epcot on February 7, 2016 to make way for a new film."
It would be funny if they add the environment thing with a glued project including wall-e, Avatar..etc.. (all movies regarding nature)

willtravel

Thanks! I think it makes a lot of sense and I could see Disney capitalizing on the success of the show.
I assume you are asking if a new film is being made with the Lion Guard character's in it, and would have a conservation theme or something to do with the Land?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom