Circle of Life Closed for Refurbishment?

TalkingHead

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Two thoughts:2.) Boy, Future World looks embarrassingly rough.
Indeed...
Last week (or any time it rains for that matter) it REALLY shows the park's sad state.

In the middle you've got SSE which still is very popular, and Inventions with literally three exhibits left. On the east there's UoE which gets low attendance due to its age and length, the partially abandoned Wonders of Life, Test Track when the weather isn't rainy, and Mission: Space, a poor excuse for a ride that gets clobbered with traffic whenever the aforementioned Test Track is down (frequently!). Then on the west you've got a book report omnimover ride, a pavilion which currently only has one operating attraction out of three, and the pavilion formerly known as "Journey Into Imagination." Finally the world showcase with 1 1/2 rides...

On paper, Epcot doesn't seem that bad, but when you really look closely, you realize how much disrepair it has fallen into.

FutureWorld1982

I was just listening to the soundtrack of The Lion Guard. I found some of the songs to be excellent, and they could certainly accompany a new film. Sadly, like others have stated, the chance of a new film is slim at this point. What I am hearing is that there is some major work being done inside the theater (other than changing the seats and so forth) that could not be done with the attraction operating. Still, I truly wish Disney would surprise us in some way.

RSoxNo1

Two thoughts:
1.) What could possibly require a two-month closure? I'd guess cost savings, but it takes one CM to run the show.

2.) Boy, Future World looks embarrassingly rough.
I'm guessing they're closing it for two months to save money. Far fewer guests are going into the Land because of Soarin' being closed.

JohnWD

I'm guessing they're closing it for two months to save money. Far fewer guests are going into the Land because of Soarin' being closed.
Does anyone have any idea on the attendance figures? Certainly when we went during prime time, there were not a lot of attendees. With Soarin' down, maybe the attendance had dropped to about 0.

djkidkaz

I'm just not a movie guy when I'm at a theme park unless it does something special like 3-d, smells or whatever. But to go in and watch a simple movie like this or even the movies in World Showcase just don't grab my attention. Replace the movie, add in some in theater effects and make it an experience, not a 4 minute you tube clip about conservation.

DisneyChik17

I'm just not a movie guy when I'm at a theme park unless it does something special like 3-d, smells or whatever. But to go in and watch a simple movie like this or even the movies in World Showcase just don't grab my attention. Replace the movie, add in some in theater effects and make it an experience, not a 4 minute you tube clip about conservation.

I am normally with you on this, but I actually liked the Film Fest. The seats move, so you feel the motion of the film and they were cute little shorts. And the preshow talks about the history of shorts in Pixar and how important they were to their development.

Cmdr_Crimson

Would have made more sense bringing HISTA Back...

Jon81uk

I am normally with you on this, but I actually liked the Film Fest. The seats move, so you feel the motion of the film and they were cute little shorts. And the preshow talks about the history of shorts in Pixar and how important they were to their development.

The film festival ones at least are in 3D and have some 4D effects.

Circle of Life in The Land is a dated 2D film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom