Changes coming to the Marketplace Co-Op

halltd

Would it be too much to ask to have them keep the Co-Op unique and not spread their merchandise all over property? I miss that about the old-school WDW. We actually spent way more money back in the day. If we saw something we loved, we had to buy it because we may never run across it again during our trip. Now, we hold off because we know it'll be in every store, and then lose interest and never end up buying it anyways. :) I love the Co-op because it is so unique, so let's hope they keep the trend spreading and make more unique stores (like Memento Mori).

Last edited:

Strangeling

Would it be too much to ask to have them keep the Co-Op unique and not spread their merchandise all over property? I miss that about the old-school WDW. We actually spent way more money back in the day. If we saw something we loved, we had to buy it because we may never run across it again during our trip. Now, we hold off because we know it'll be in every store, and then lose interest and never end up buying it anyways. :) I love the Co-op because it is so unique, so let's hope they keep the trend spreading and make more unique stores (like Memento Mori).

I agree.

I can only speak for my own merchandise there, but the WonderGround Gallery section of the Co-Op is exclusively available there at the Co-Op, nowhere else on WDW property. They do carry my same artworks as WonderGround Gallery at Disneyland in Anaheim, but nowhere else at WDW, which does make it pretty unique. I'm 99% sure (with the possible exception of some of the Jerrod Maruyama "Hipster Mickey" designs that are at other locations) that the other artists' works at WonderGround are exclusive at WDW for the Co-Op too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
image.jpg

$125

Jon81uk

Or if it sells well enough at the co-op, remove it from there before selling it elsewhere. So keep the smaller unique items in the co-op, then as soon as it becomes hugely mass produced move it out to other stores.

flyerjab

Today we spent much of the day switching from Bay Lake Tower to the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. Afterwards, we journeyed over to DTD. We saw most of The Marketplace, the new walkway, as well as The Landing.

I won't bother posting photos from those areas as my understanding of the construction here pales in comparison to what @WDWtraveler has accomplished with his photo jounalism of the DTD transformation into DS.

We did, however, spend time visiting the Market Co-op, specifically the Wonderground Gallery.

image.jpg

There were so many nice items. A true Disney merchandise collector could loose their mind (and wallet) here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The area is really nice and there are other items besides paintings.

flyerjab

One other comment I neglected to mention concerning the WonderGround Gallery. All of the cast members there were clearly excited and happy to be working in the Co-op. They were all extremely happy and almost fell over themselves saying hello to customers. One cast member came and talked to us about the hipster Mickey artwork. She was great to interact with.

I really recommend that people should visit this gallery of they are at WDW.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I thought that was the point of Marketplace Co-Op, a place to test out new products to see if they want to sell them more widely?

halltd

That's unfortunate. I feel when a product exists in every park, every resort, and at Downtown Disney, it's not as special and I'm much less likely to purchase it. Granted I'm not applying this to every item (like a plush for instance), but the items at the Co-Op seem unique and special to me. Put 'em everywhere, and they're not special anymore. I still wish they'd change the overall mix of on-property retail to include a lot more specialty/boutique retail and reduce the monotonous duplication of items that exists right now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's unfortunate. I feel when a product exists in every park, every resort, and at Downtown Disney, it's not as special and I'm much less likely to purchase it. Granted I'm not applying this to every item (like a plush for instance), but the items at the Co-Op seem unique and special to me. Put 'em everywhere, and they're not special anymore. I still wish they'd change the overall mix of on-property retail to include a lot more specialty/boutique retail and reduce the monotonous duplication of items that exists right now.

But in this case when the products move to all the parks they will be removed from the Co-Op to make room for more unique items.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Today we spent much of the day switching from Bay Lake Tower to the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. Afterwards, we journeyed over to DTD. We saw most of The Marketplace, the new walkway, as well as The Landing.

I won't bother posting photos from those areas as my understanding of the construction here pales in comparison to what @WDWtraveler has accomplished with his photo jounalism of the DTD transformation into DS.

We did, however, spend time visiting the Market Co-op, specifically the Wonderground Gallery.

View attachment 85843

There were so many nice items. A true Disney merchandise collector could loose their mind (and wallet) here.

View attachment 85844

View attachment 85846

View attachment 85847

View attachment 85848

View attachment 85849

View attachment 85850

The area is really nice and there are other items besides paintings.

Those IASW prints. How well guarded are they? asking for a friend.

EOD K9

Can someone elaborate on this sign shop please? I will be there relatively soon before my cruise and am curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom