Carsland Thread

dweezil78

Another attraction poster this time for Luigi's
i-J3MDkpx-S.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/i-J3MDkpx/0/O/i-J3MDkpx-O.jpg

Thanks for the update!! Love the nod to the original Flying Saucers poster. :)

Disneyland_Flying_Saucer_poster.png

TP2000

I have to wonder if putting that Luigi's Flying Tires attraction poster up wasn't a mistake. That seems like something that would have been debuted at the Blue Sky Cellar, likely during the next swap out of the exhibits this winter.

This poster went up for one day only on a temporary wall set up for a one-night Cast Member party they held in the Pier, and now it's been removed. I wonder if it wasn't put up by mistake? Or maybe someone from WDI just had DLR's party planners use it as a test or a joke, just to see if anyone noticed? All the previous new posters have been announced with some fanfare via the Blue Sky Cellar, and there's likely several more posters coming for Cars Land.

I'm betting there will be a poster for the Tires, Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Radiator Springs Racers, and perhaps one for Flo's V8 Cafe or maybe the Curios Shoppe.

Leave it to the rabid Disneyland fans of the Interwebs to spot this early (accidental?) release, photograph it, and then spread it to the world within hours. :lol:

metscool

I can't wait for this thing to be done. I think Racers is going to be a great ride and I think that ride is what DCA needs because it doesn't have that much of E-ticket attractions. The park was always a half of a day park with me

TP2000

I can't wait for this thing to be done. I think Racers is going to be a great ride and I think that ride is what DCA needs because it doesn't have that much of E-ticket attractions. The park was always a half of a day park with me

Careful, don't jinx it, as that's what everyone was saying back in '04 about Tower of Terror being what DCA needed. :lol:

DCA now has four traditional E Tickets, but Racers will really be the first mega-E for Anaheim since Indiana Jones in '95.

DCA E Tickets - 2011
Soarin' Over California
Grizzly River Run
California Screamin'
Tower of Terror

Plus almost a half dozen of DCA's popular D Tickets with Midway Mania, Little Mermaid, ITTBAB, MuppetVision and Disney Animation, and a dozen additional C Tickets spread through the Pier, Bugs Land, Golden State, and Hollywood.

Then in 2012 four additional rides open up at DCA; the trolleys, two Cars Land C Tickets, and the Racers E Ticket.

Add in a big afternoon parade (Pixar Play Parade), two big stage shows (Aladdin, Disney Junior), plus two major night entertainments (World of Color, elecTRONica/Mad Tea Party) and the usual smaller shows (Disney Channel Rocks!, Phineas & Ferb's dance party, Disney Dance Crew! :rolleyes: ), and suddenly DCA is a very busy theme park where the average tourist would be hard pressed to see and do it all in one long day.

What's interesting now is how DCA stacks up with DAK and DHS when it comes to attraction count. Both of those WDW parks have four E Tickets filled in with a rather thin roster of smaller attractions or entertainment. In 2012 that gap widens further in DCA's favor. For someone like me who has been a HUGE critic of DCA since the late 1990's on the old alt.disney.disneyland usenet forums, it's been quite a transformation to witness! :eek:

Nicole220

Cadillac Range was lit up tonight. Pretty sure it's new because I don't remember seeing it yesterday. It looks really great!

sponono88

New photos from Dateline Disneyland (10/31)

The view from Mickey's Fun Wheel:

IMG_4790.jpg

The scaffolding is quickly coming down from the mountain range - the six cadillac fins are now complete!

IMG_4772.jpg

They are halfway done with the radiator cap:

IMG_4855.jpg

They are now sculpting the rock along the back of the mountain:

IMG_4783.jpg

The rocky seaside bluffs will create a background for Paradise Pier:

IMG_4786.jpg

The view from the Pacific Wharf:

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

The roof of Flo's V8 Cafe looks more like an air filter now that they added the walls. In the background, ride testing continues at Luigi's Flying Tires:

IMG_4844.jpg

At the end of the street, the Courthouse building now reads - 'Town of Radiator Springs':

IMG_5816.jpg

IMG_5820.jpg

cheezbat

Careful, don't jinx it, as that's what everyone was saying back in '04 about Tower of Terror being what DCA needed. :lol:

DCA now has four traditional E Tickets, but Racers will really be the first mega-E for Anaheim since Indiana Jones in '95.

DCA E Tickets - 2011
Soarin' Over California
Grizzly River Run
California Screamin'
Tower of Terror

Plus almost a half dozen of DCA's popular D Tickets with Midway Mania, Little Mermaid, ITTBAB, MuppetVision and Disney Animation, and a dozen additional C Tickets spread through the Pier, Bugs Land, Golden State, and Hollywood.

Then in 2012 four additional rides open up at DCA; the trolleys, two Cars Land C Tickets, and the Racers E Ticket.

Add in a big afternoon parade (Pixar Play Parade), two big stage shows (Aladdin, Disney Junior), plus two major night entertainments (World of Color, elecTRONica/Mad Tea Party) and the usual smaller shows (Disney Channel Rocks!, Phineas & Ferb's dance party, Disney Dance Crew! :rolleyes: ), and suddenly DCA is a very busy theme park where the average tourist would be hard pressed to see and do it all in one long day.

What's interesting now is how DCA stacks up with DAK and DHS when it comes to attraction count. Both of those WDW parks have four E Tickets filled in with a rather thin roster of smaller attractions or entertainment. In 2012 that gap widens further in DCA's favor. For someone like me who has been a HUGE critic of DCA since the late 1990's on the old alt.disney.disneyland usenet forums, it's been quite a transformation to witness! :eek:

It has indeed!

Sadly, Studios and Animal Kingdom badly need this kind of attention right now. I would pick DCA over those two parks anyday. Disney saw that DCA was not drawing in the crowds they had hoped to, and knew something had to be done about it. Now DAK is geting Avatarland in the future, but it needs more than just that to bolster it to a full day park...and Studios...well we know the shape that place is in as well. It has an identity crisis right now. That has gotta be fixed.

sponono88

New from MiceAge.com, Al Lutz shares some additional details about Cars Land - including new information about entertainment, merchandise, and costumes.

Lutz says that "they will be going light on the atmosphere entertainment at first because they just aren’t sure that the crowds that first summer will allow them to do much on the main pathways in the area."

What to expect in the entertainment category:

The current Mater and McQueen meet n’ greet will be moved to a more picturesque location near the Cozy Cone Motel, for starters.

But the biggest act in Cars Land will perform at the end of the street near the Courthouse. There, a life-size and driveable version of Red the fire truck will roll out during the day and begin interactive sets where Red enlists the kids help in watering the flowers or washing the streets of Radiator Springs. As with all good Disney shows, something will go terribly wrong and the fire hoses will be turned on the audience and Red’s helpers will be getting wet, and with a bit of luck also getting their parents wet. Also planned for Cars Land is the automotive boom box van named DJ that will roll through the town accompanied by a team of human dancers doing Motown and car tune dance routines from the early 1960’s.

DLR park operators apparently visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to get some ideas on food and merchandise options:

Their goal with both Cars Land and Buena Vista Street is to offer a similarly hyper-themed selection of merchandise and food to support the very strong stories told at the actual attractions and via the fantastic architecture and surroundings. The initial batch of Cars Land merchandise displayed for the executives last week was the most impressive of the bunch, with lots of Cars Land specific clothing and souvenirs, plus actual automotive accessories themed to a fictional “Radiator Springs Car Club”.

An overview of the new Cars Land CM costumes:

The uniforms coming to Cars Land run the gamut, with a distinctly 1950’s roadside Americana look for the unique uniforms at Flo’s V8 Café, the Cozy Cone Motel, and the various shops up and down the street. Each of the three Cars Land attractions will also have unique uniforms; from casual junkyard workers with backwards caps at Mater’s, to the spit and polish of bow-tie clad service station attendants at Luigi’s, to the hot shot pit crew uniforms done in Lightning McQueen colors at Radiator Springs Racers.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al110111a.htm

MJW

hi, have not been to disneyland in many years. 1994was the last time. when is carsland opening. dd and I will be there in june 2012.

MJW

we live on the east coast. will be there for vidcon in june. so dd and i will spend a few days at disneyland.

sponono88

SW (WDI) posted these pictures on MiceChat yesterday,

A special delivery of baby tractors! (for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree)

1321488607-picsay.jpg

Below, Tom Staggs and James Cameron tour the construction site. The rockwork and mountain range look amazing!

dca.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Below, Tom Staggs and James Cameron tour the construction site. The rockwork and mountain range look amazing!

dca.jpg

Is that a real, un-photoshopped picture or Cameron and Staggs at the Carsland site? :eek: The scale is absolutely incredible; if it weren't for the unfinished rock in the foreground you'd swear they were in the middle of the desert!

TP2000

Is that a real, un-photoshopped picture or Cameron and Staggs at the Carsland site? :eek: The scale is absolutely incredible; if it weren't for the unfinished rock in the foreground you'd swear they were in the middle of the desert!

It's real, it's not photoshopped. Cars Land is 12 acres of amazing scale and scope; the type of thing that hasn't really been seen in an American theme park before. Internet pictures don't do it justice either.

You get this type of Cars Land scale in Tokyo DisneySea, especially around the volcano and the entry area, but it's never been seen in an American theme park. It will be seen though, next summer in Anaheim.

sponono88

New photos by Ron_W -- The sign for Luigi's Casa Della Tires was added recently:

IMG_4845.jpg

They also recently installed the leaning tower of tires

IMG_4856.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom